• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Budget Welfare Cuts & changes 2013

Neutron

Child Benefit rates will be €130 per month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. (January 2013)

Child Benefit rates will be €140 per month for the 4th and subsequent children as announced in Budget 2012. (January 2013)

From the following year, the monthly rate in respect of the 4th and subsequent children will be €130. (January 2014)

The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance will reduce from €250 to €200 for children aged 12 years and over and from €150 to €100 for children aged 4-11 years. (2013)

There will be 2,500 new JobBridge places. This will increase the number of places available to 8,500.

There will be 2,500 new places on the Tús scheme. This will increase the number of places available to 7,500.

There will be an additional 2,000 Community Employment scheme places available.

There will be 3,000 new places in a Local Authority Social Employment Scheme.

The value of the Telephone Allowance will be reduced. The new monthly rate of €9.50 will show as a credit on the customer’s bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

The Electricity/Gas Allowance will be set at a single rate based on the average market rate across all suppliers currently available (for an unchanged 150 units per month). The new rate of €35 per month will show as a cash credit for those who receive a bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

The annual Respite Care Grant will reduce from €1,700 to €1,375 for each care recipient.(2013)

The employer rebate of statutory redundancy payments (currently 15%) will be discontinued. (January 2013)

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Topics/Budget/bud13/Documents/budfact13.pdf

hammer

Anyone going for a few pints before the price goes up 25cent ?

WRONG THREAD APOLOGIES

potholedogger

Child Benefit rates will be €130 per month for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd child. (January 2013)

Child Benefit rates will be €140 per month for the 4th and subsequent children as announced in Budget 2012. (January 2013)

From the following year, the monthly rate in respect of the 4th and subsequent children will be €130. (January 2014)

The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance will reduce from €250 to €200 for children aged 12 years and over and from €150 to €100 for children aged 4-11 years. (2013)

There will be 2,500 new JobBridge places. This will increase the number of places available to 8,500.

There will be 2,500 new places on the Tús scheme. This will increase the number of places available to 7,500.

The value of the Telephone Allowance will be reduced. The new monthly rate of €9.50 will show as a credit on the customer’s bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

The Electricity/Gas Allowance will be set at a single rate based on the average market rate across all suppliers currently available (for an unchanged 150 units per month). The new rate of €35 per month will show as a cash credit for those who receive a bill or be paid as a cash allowance.

The annual Respite Care Grant will reduce from €1,700 to €1,375 for each care recipient.(2013)

The employer rebate of statutory redundancy payments (currently 15%) will be discontinued. (January 2013)

Carers caring for severely handicaped children will suffer with the cut to the respite grant!

southwestkerry

The Respite care grant cut is the one I dislike most.
The other cuts from what I can see are ok and to be expected.
SWK

True Republican

Welfare spending is still excessive, the dole should have been slashed by 20%, the OAP by 25%, rent allowance by 40%.

Northtipp

Nope. No way. Not a chance. Not on your nelly. No decrease. Wont happen. Your wrong. Your biased. Your misinformed. Why?

CUZ LABOUR WON'T LET THS HAPPEN. THEY TOLD US SO!

southwestkerry

Do parents caring for th emost severely handicaped children no longer need the same level of respite?
I am not following you on this, I did say the cut in respite is something I do not like.
SWK

southwestkerry

Welfare spending is still excessive, the dole should have been slashed by 20%, the OAP by 25%, rent allowance by 40%.
Yes yes yes, cut the bottom out off anything that well soon sort out the problems.
SWK

ffc

The Respite care grant cut is the one I dislike most.
The other cuts from what I can see are ok and to be expected.
SWK
The Respite cut is a real kick in the teeth to a social welfare payment which is paid to people who work, sometimes 24/7 to look after the vulnerable in our society. I know some who never use this payment for respite, but continue to look after the person they care for and use the money to make life a little more comfortable for that person. Maybe a campaign on behalf of these people would make them think again, I imagine they could be shamed into reversing it. These carer's save society an absoloute fortune and the benefit they receive is a pittance for the work done.

Crazy horse 6

All they have done is hit the poor and coping classes. Disgusting low dirty scum.

True Republican

Actually im shocked they didnt hit rent allowance.
So am I rent allowance should have been slashed big time, I wonder how many TDS in the government have properties that are rented out to social welfare tenants.

True Republican

Thankfully you aren`t MOF :)
Well in Latvia public spending was cut by 30% in 2 budgets and they've nearly eliminated their budget deficit, their economy is growing again. Better to get it over and done with instead of spreading the pain over a decade. Latvia is now out of a bailout programme.

southwestkerry

The Respite cut is a real kick in the teeth to a social welfare payment which is paid to people who work, sometimes 24/7 to look after the vulnerable in our society. I know some who never use this payment for respite, but continue to look after the person they care for and use the money to make life a little more comfortable for that person. Maybe a campaign on behalf of these people would make them think again, I imagine they could be shamed into reversing it. These carer's save society an absoloute fortune and the benefit they receive is a pittance for the work done.
I agree with this. Sadly only a sizable and sustained campaign would get the government to back track. Such campaigns are hard to set up and organize.
SWK

southwestkerry

With all the trouble the Gov went to in order to help the banks, folk now thought that rent allowance would be cut. Such a move would result in buy2let flats and houses been tossed on to the market and see a few bank repayments been hit a good bit.
SWK

ruserious

Is this Neutrons attempt to start a rival Budget thread? Bless.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies