Budweiser's Superbowl ad outrages Trumpeniks.

O

Oscurito

Budweiser has unveiled its commercial to be broadcast during the Superbowl this coming Sunday. It's a tale about one of the founders of the company that now manufactures the world famous beer - one Adolphus Busch who immigrated to the USA from Germany in 1857. It lauds everything that a right-wing conservative should stand for: hard work, the capitalist spirit, the refusal to quit after setbacks, the triumph of entrepreneurialism etc.

It doesn't mention Trump or immigration or terrorists or Muslims or walls. Or anything that could be regarded as being related to current controversies.

However, Trump's supporters are unhappy - because of one scene where Busch suffers some xenophobic abuse after arrival in the United States. It's politically-charged, says Sarah Palin and Trump supporters are calling for Budweiser to be boycotted because depicting xenophobic incidents is now controversial and might reflect badly on the Combover-in-Chief. Send in the clowns, eh? They're already here, folks; they're already here.

The commercial is below but this take on the growing controversy by Peter and Chris of Epic News is my favourite.

[video=youtube;HtBZvl7dIu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBZvl7dIu4[/video]

ne0ica

I seen Chris Cumo on CNN New Day complain that a commercial about immigrants and refugees was portrayed by a white guy.

Last edited:

ger12

[video=youtube;RXwnlsNFXIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwnlsNFXIY[/video]

To balance the force.

I like the Budweiser Ad. Are the Trump folks turning into snowflakes?

runwiththewind

Was the recipe stolen from the Czech beer Budvar? I remember some kufuclke after communism fell.

O

Oscurito

[video=youtube;RXwnlsNFXIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwnlsNFXIY[/video]

To balance the force.

I like the Budweiser Ad. Are the Trump folks turning into snowflakes?
Well, it is kind of strange to see these super-patriots who want to put America and Americans first, who want to make America great again and who are worried about American jobs now declare their intention to boycott an American beer.

President Bartlet

Budweiser has unveiled its commercial to be broadcast during the Superbowl this coming Sunday. It's a tale about one of the founders of the company that now manufactures the world famous beer - one Adolphus Busch who immigrated to the USA from Germany in 1857. It lauds everything that a right-wing conservative should stand for: hard work, the capitalist spirit, the refusal to quit after setbacks, the triumph of entrepreneurialism etc.

It doesn't mention Trump or immigration or terrorists or Muslims or walls. Or anything that could be regarded as being related to current controversies.

However, Trump's supporters are unhappy - because of one scene where Busch suffers some xenophobic abuse after arrival in the United States. It's politically-charged, says Sarah Palin and Trump supporters are calling for Budweiser to be boycotted because depicting xenophobic incidents is now controversial and might reflect badly on the Combover-in-Chief. Send in the clowns, eh? They're already here, folks; they're already here.

The commercial is below but this take on the growing controversy by Peter and Chris of Epic News is my favourite.

Surprise surprise - Trumpbots thin skin strikes again - how dare they be criticised or taken to task :roll:

inherit the deficit

The art of the perpetually offended fighting in an imaginary culture war that they cannot win.
See "What's The Matter With America? The Resistible Rise Of The American Right" by Thomas Frank.

ne0ica

The art of the perpetually offended fighting in an imaginary culture war that they cannot win.
See "What's The Matter With America? The Resistible Rise Of The American Right" by Thomas Frank.
The White House, both Houses of Congress, soon the Supreme Court are under Republican control.

And did I mention 33 US States having Republican Governors.

But Congrats on the Left winning the culture War.

Snowflakes. Just like Trump. The king of snowflakes.

O

Oscurito

I'll add it to the ever-growing list of books I mean to buy some time. Given the current state of my finances, it'll be a while unless I come across one in a secondhand bookshop.

ger12

O

Oscurito

The hashtag #BoycottBudweiser is now trending on Twitter.

Related ones such as #Boycottbudwieser, #Boycottbudwiser and #Boycottbudweizer are doing okay too.

ne0ica

The hashtag #BoycottBudweiser is now trending on Twitter.

Related ones such as #Boycottbudwieser, #Boycottbudwiser and #Boycottbudweizer are doing okay too.

Well I must have had a head start because I've been boycotting Budweiser all my life.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies