Building in Austria to be demolished & it’s owner thrown out on the Strasse - Why?

The Field Marshal

Naughty TFM is in wind-up mode!
Do you really buy into the so called morally superior model of the post war USA-Eisenhower dictatorial construct that has elevated the German fool Merkele as leader of the EU?

Its oK for you, your people in Norn Irlan got sense and told that backward idiotic woman to f..k off.

In the ROI they still suffer the indignities of the Germanic fiefdom that Adolph Hitler tried unsuccessfully to construct.

Can you help us?

The Field Marshal

Apply to rejoin the UK.

I'll do what I can to get you accepted back into the fold. Might be able to swing it so that you replace Scotland..... Everybody wins!
I will never join the UK.
This is an island.
We all share it.

The UK and the EU are phukking it over.

Time to take a stand and eliminate these forces that seek to destroy the destiny of the people of Ireland.

Truth.ie

It's part of history and should be protected.
This is up there with ISIS destroying Churches and blaming the past deeds of the Crusaders.
The Romans were a violent lot, but we wouldnt dare dream of wrecking Roman buildings.
I used to be offended by the statue of Queen Victoria in Dun Laoghaoire but would now also view it as a historical site to be protected.

I imagine this latest decision is some kind of scaremongering from the Austrian Govt as they face a knife-edge election.

Skypeme

Maybe Austria could have used it as a centre for refugees, as a nice two fingers to Adolf and moder-day right-wingers
According to the report it was used for various purposes including housing people with disabilities. It was also suggested that it could be converted to house refugees.

Last edited:

Jack O Neill

According to the report it was used for various purposes including housing people with disabilities. It was also suggested that it could be converted to house refugees.
it was the home of a historical figure and should be preserved , if you are going to destroy houses of mass murderers you will have destroy the houses of , thatcher , blair , churchill , obama , clinton , bush bush , stalin , etc etc

Cruimh

I will never join the UK.
This is an island.
We all share it.
Delusional - the ROI comprises part of one medium sized Island and scores of small islands .... It is part of an archipelago ....

The UK and the EU are phukking it over.
Re the EU - you used the credit card, the bill has to be paid ....

Time to take a stand and eliminate these forces that seek to destroy the destiny of the people of Ireland.
The Peoples .....

RasherHash

This Building in Austria to be demolished & it’s owner thrown out on the Strasse - Why?

Amazing news from Austria today as one of that Country’s most historical buildings is to be forcibly seized from its owner and demolished. BTW there is absolutely nothing wrong with the building. It is perfectly sound and obstructs nothing or no one. It displays nothing on its infrastructure that could offend anyone and has stood on the same spot since the 1880s.

Why then you make ask would the local authorities want to tear it down against the will of its legal owner? - For no other reason than that the former Chancellor of Germany Adolf Hitler was born there on 20 April 1889.

The government this year launched formal legal procedures to dispossess the home’s owner after she had repeatedly refused to sell the building or to allow renovations that would reduce its symbolic impact as Hitler’s birthplace and its draw for his admirers.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/17/adolf-hitlers-first-home-to-be-torn-down-and-replaced-with-a-new-building

Now no matter what one may think of his actions the principle involved here is do we allow current values of historical morality to dictate what historical buildings get to stay up and be torn down? For instance the palaces of the Czars still stand, Buckingham Palace still stands and is operational as well as being a lucrative tourist attraction - as is the Palace of Versailles. Think of all the crimes hatched within their walls....

In Italy believe it or not the Mausoleum of one Benito Mussolini is a bloody Shrine - yes a Shrine to his memory! - and doing very well by all accounts.

But one non descript building in Braunau am Inn is to be obliterated which IMO sets a very bad precedent if buildings of historical significance, indeed in this case of huge historical significance, are to be wiped because of political correctness. Some what ironic that across the border in Germany Martin Luther’s house site is a major historical building and it can hardly be denied that Luther’s fiery language* kindled far more wars and persecutions than could be laid at the door of the Austrian Corporal....

*Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self­glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them.
Martin Luther - "The Jews & Their Lies" | Jewish Virtual Library
It seems that any amount of undemocratic nonsense is acceptable when you say 'Adolf Hitler '.

The Austrians, like the Germans, want to be seen to be more rabidly 'anti-Nazi' even than Israel, even though Nazism in reality ceased to exist in 1945.

It also seems very much as though they lose the run of themselves where Hitler is concerned.

I predict that the truth will one day be known about all this and this will be rebuilt, probably in 50 or even 100 years time .

Jack O Neill

Delusional - the ROI comprises part of one medium sized Island and scores of small islands .... It is part of an archipelago ....

Re the EU - you used the credit card, the bill has to be paid ....

The Peoples .....
Another unhappy morning in the bigot homestead , whats the matter Cruimheen your merge disability allowance for the week already spent ? You or your loyalist friends in coleraine should really not be discussing handouts as your life has depended on them .

Catalpast

Years ago as a student i hitch hiked through Branau Am Inn. I spent hours looking for this historic building and left to cross the bridge into Simbach in Bavaria having failed dismally.

If it is as historic as you claim, why is it not sign posted for curious hikers like me? Why should we preserve houses where mass murderers were born? Would you slap a preservation order on Osama Bin Ladens tent in the desert?
Is this aimed at me?

Anyway to works backwards here - OBL wasn't born in the desert IIRC his family are one of the wealthiest in the Middle East

As I pointed out in my OP the houses/palaces of many Mass Murderers are preserved

I spent hours looking for this historic building

Really - In a one horse town like Braunau am Inn?:shock:

Why didn't you just ask someone>

Catalpast

Doubtless it will be shown that there was never a house there in the first place ....

Describing Adolph merely as a former chancellor is a bit like describing the demolished house in Cromwell Street where Fred West lived as having been home to a labourer ....
They had to demolish FW gaff to see where he buried the bodies

No one was murdered in this house

- in fact its a family residence

- in private hands

Should the State have the right to seize private property and destroy it

- because they don't like the fact that a previous resident was born within its walls?

Think about it.....

Last edited:

RasherHash

Naughty TFM is in wind-up mode!
There's little doubt that it was largely Churchill who pushed for war and Germany who was against war if it could be avoided.

Churchill made sure he was out of London every time it was bombed, he knew they were coming because of the enigma code breakers. He duly arrived back in his fake air force uniform when it was all over to 'show the people he was with them'.

Churchill fooled the British people and made them pay a heavy price for his vainglory.

RasherHash

The Austrians still like to pretend they were "invaded," and lots of folks still like to indulge them in this.
One aspect of the many lies surrounding WW2.

Catalpast

There's little doubt that it was largely Churchill who pushed for war and Germany who was against war if it could be avoided.

Churchill made sure he was out of London every time it was bombed, he knew they were coming because of the enigma code breakers. He duly arrived back in his fake air force uniform when it was all over to 'show the people he was with them'.

Churchill fooled the British people and made them pay a heavy price for his vainglory.
The Brits should be made knock down Blenheim Palace so

- cuss that's where he was born....

And the Krauts can knock down Sans Souci

- because that's where Freddy plotted his War Crimes...

Jeepers this is like Political Pringles

- once you start where do you stop.....:confused:

Equinox

Police keep moving on nazi's who turn up. Is becomming more of a problem in recent years at a lot of nazi areas.
Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

I fancy that there are better things the government could spend the money on then virtue signalling.
In many ways this story is a metaphor for the current migrant crisis.
Government worries that their disasterous policy is pushing many of the electorate into the clutches of the extreme right. The obvious answer is to demolish some right wing symbol and carry on as before, that'll fix it!
Instead of a bit of soul searching as to why Hitler's gaff is suddenly a tourist attraction, they attempt to brush history under the carpet. This feels more like sombody trying to erase their embarrasing history rather then address a problem.

Last edited:

Cruimh

Another unhappy morning in the bigot homestead , whats the matter Cruimheen your merge disability allowance for the week already spent ? You or your loyalist friends in coleraine should really not be discussing handouts as your life has depended on them .
Note no attempt to refute the points I made

1) The ROI isn't an Island

2) Having profited hugely from EU money, now that the ROI is a net contributor the EU has lost its attraction for TFM and many others

3) There isn't "an" Irish people ..... there are various Irish Peoples .....

Obviously hit a nerve with the shinnerbot :D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies