Bullfighting! Bullfighter gored!

Aindriu

Oh dear, what a shame - not!

A disgusting 'sport'.

Sync

Good on the bull. The way I heard it the guy with the sword started it.

Amach na Casca

Oh dear, what a shame - not!

A disgusting 'sport'.
+1 I went to a bullfighting once in Spain and couldn't believe how cruel they were to the bull. The bullfighter was on a horse at one stage and started piercing the bulls head, the bull was half dead by the time the fight was over, truly Sick stuff. :mad: I was cheering on the bull hoping the bullfighter would get his comeuppance.

nonpartyboy

Every now and again the underdog gets a dig in,in any sport. But bullfighting could hardly be described as a sport, it's akin to the americans invading cuba.

Cassandra Syndrome

Could you imagine the Greens in Spain?

Supermanpolitician

It posted the link without judgment on my part but I can see some diverging opinions emerging.

It is gorey, but is it any more barbaric than forcing people to wait on hospital trolleys? But that is moral relativity, which I try to avoid. On its own, it seems like an extremely gorey sport, though I must admit it is no more gorey than what happens in any abbatoir anywhere in the world.

The video itself reminds me of another video from a couple of years ago where one of the Arsenal players suffered a compound break of his leg. Bone was sticking out etc.

Sync

That is a dangerous sport. These guys are brave beyond belief.

Maybe a sharp shooter should be on standby to shoot the bull if a slip like this happens.

He was very lucky.
They'd be brave if they didn't stab the bull prior to the fight. Having a sharp shooter available removes the moral hazard of the fight, you may as well just give the matador a gun altogether.

Oreo Livermore

A bull is a dangerous beast. Why I was even nervous myself growing up when I had any dealings with them. There is a thongs that you put into their nostrils that you can rotate if things get sticky. You can rip the snout right off his head to put a bit of manners on him.

To be on the safe side only experienced people like myself should go near them.

A few farmers get killed every year in Ireland by bulls.

And these are not bred for aggression like these Spanish bulls

Sync

I'll donate to any fund you set up to get you a matador's outfit Oreo :)

Supermanpolitician

A bull is a dangerous beast. Why I was even nervous myself growing up when I had any dealings with them. There is a thongs that you put into their nostrils that you can rotate if things get sticky. You can rip the snout right off his head to put a bit of manners on him.

To be on the safe side only experienced people like myself should go near them.

A few farmers get killed every year in Ireland by bulls.

And these are not bred for aggression like these Spanish bulls
I grew up on a farm and my dad had one rule. Never enter enter a field with a bull on your own. We didn't have a gun, but we treated the bull with extreme caution at all times.

As regards the nose thongs, you can't really use them until the bull is in a crush. Many bulls had a nose ring attached to allow ease of capture. But speaking from experience it is still a very tricky deal.

Oreo Livermore

Put a diaper in it because a monster like that bull coming against me would have catastrophic results. Even an Irish farm bull is a killer as I said.

Maybe Enda Kenny should prove his mettle in this manner and shut all his detractors up pretty fast

Victor Meldrew

No moral relativity here SMP...

It posted the link without judgement on my part but I can see some diverging opinions emerging.

It is gory, but is it any more barbaric than forcing people to wait on hospital trolleys? But that is moral relativity, which I try to avoid. On its own, it seems like an extremely gore sport, though I must admit it is no more gory than what happens in any abattoir anywhere in the world.

The video itself reminds me of ....a compound break of his leg.
It's barbaric and amounts to torturing an animal to death. For "entertainment" Which is totally different to what happens in an abattoir. Gore is unavoidable, but suffering is minimised.

If you end up on a trolley in A&E that is an abuse of your dignity, but people don't pay and watch you suffer.

As for the odd broken leg in Soccer, it's rare, gory, and the sport tries to mitigate against injuries happening.

Oreo Livermore

I grew up on a farm and my dad had one rule. Never enter enter a field with a bull on your own. We didn't have a gun, but we treated the bull with extreme caution at all times.

As regards the nose thongs, you can't really use them until the bull is in a crush. Many bulls had a nose ring attached to allow ease of capture. But speaking from experience it is still a very tricky deal.

And of course the real adventurous could attempt the old thumb and 2 finger hold of the snout. That would be some tussle

Sync

It's an event based around cheating. I don't like it. If you stabbed Ahmir Khan enough times beforehand, I could beat him in a fight. That wouldn't mean it was a sport and it wouldn't mean I was brave. Put the guy and the bull out there at 100% and let them go at it.

D

Deleted member 17573

It's choreograhed brutality - and I suspect that if it was practiced anywhere other than Spain the EU would have long ago banned it - but they know the Spaniards won't pay a blind bit of heed to any ban:(

turdsl

Fair play to the bull, he is entitled to defend himself the best way he knows best

Popular Threads

Most Replies