Bullfighting! Bullfighter gored!

Twin Towers

Bulls don't make great pets

What does everyone suppose happens to all the male calves born?

Oreo Livermore

Bulls don't make great pets

What does everyone suppose happens to all the male calves born?
They get their balls squeezes with a big pliers called a burbizzo.

It is some job let me tell you. You can hears their roars for about 2 miles.

This puts the rest of the cattle into such a state of panic that they race about roaring as well. It is just a zoo.

It is not a job for the weak of kneed but compared to cutting off the horns, it is a piece of cake. That is a serious chore with blood flying everywhere.

What you are left with is a eunuch called a bullock.

This poor eejit still thinks he has a pair of balls and will try to mount a cow. Of course with no oil in the sump, his mickie does not work.

They remind me of the FG Party

The Fusilier

This puts the rest of the cattle into such a state of panic that they race about roaring as well. It is just a zoo.

It is not a job for the weak of kneed but compared to cutting off the horns, it is a piece of cake. That is a serious chore with blood flying everywhere.

This poor eejit still thinks he has a pair of balls and will try to mount a cow. Of course with no oil in the sump, his mickie does not work.
You describe the whole thing with a bit too much vigour for my liking. I could hear a banjo playing in my head as I read it.

MsAnneThrope

They'd be brave if they didn't stab the bull prior to the fight. Having a sharp shooter available removes the moral hazard of the fight, you may as well just give the matador a gun altogether.
There's more to it than that Sync:

• Bulls are intentionally debilitated with tranquilizers and laxatives before the 'fight'
  • Bulls are given beatings to the kidneys beforehand
  • Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) is rubbed into their eyes to blur vision
  • Heavy weights are hung around their neck for weeks before the 'fight'
  • Bulls are confined for many hours, sometimes days, in total 100% darkness before being released into the arena, effectively blinding them for the initial periods of the 'fight'
  • More than 90 percent of bulls killed in fights had their horns "shaved" before the fight. Horn shaving involves sawing off several inches of the horns so the bull misses his thrusts at the altered angle
  • In many cases the picador's horse has his vocal cords cut, so he cannot be heard to scream in what is also a terrifying ordeal for the horse
You can help keep the pressure on to ban bullfighting by signing the petition at the World Society for the Protection of Animals here

'Mobbed by a gang of cowards, confused and terrified beyond words, repeatedly stabbed with spears, harpoons and a sword, exhausted and dying from his wounds and blood loss and unable to continue any further, Bright Eyes as he was known, lowers himself to the ground to die in an act of complete submission'

"Cruelty to animals is as if man did not love God...there is something so dreadful, so satanic, in tormenting those who have never harmed us, and who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power." - John Henry Newman

Oreo Livermore

Perhaps I had better not describe how you deball lambs when you don't have time to squeeze them, when large numbers are involved.

That is a job you would not do after a night of porter

FakeViking

One other point in this appalling abuse of animals: their meat would be extremely tough and stringy. I'm not a vegetarian, I like my meat. I have a very good butcher local to me. He hangs his beef for weeks before sale so that develops an excellent flavour. These bulls are (apparently, I've never been at a bullfight and never will) in bbq's straight after the 'game'.

kingofpiccadilly

question?

It's choreograhed brutality - and I suspect that if it was practiced anywhere other than Spain the EU would have long ago banned it - but they know the Spaniards won't pay a blind bit of heed to any ban:(
i was told once that the Spaniards had a clause protecting their right to stage bullfights inserted in the Maastricht Treaty . . . . anyone able to confirm that one for me? or point me in the direction of where i'd find it

i have seen it (a bullfight) once myself while on holiday and although i wouldn't consider myself squeamish by any means, i must admit, it wasn't for me . . . . but far be it from me to tell the Spaniards that they shouldn't be allowed to have it though

The Field Marshal

They remind me of the FG Party

PBP voter

[video=youtube;QXOtIGZ1epM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOtIGZ1epM[/video]

Great song.

gatsbygirl20

I notice that there was no thread started when our own Michael Healy Rae was gored by a cow during a tense stand-off in the corrida as he executed a series of graceful moves , showing typical Hemingway-esque cojones in the face of danger....

....and showing up later on Primetime to talk about rural broadband, despite his injuries

Last edited:

Jack O Neill

I notice that there was no thread started when our own Michael Healy Rae was gored by a cow during a tense stand-off in the corrida as he executed a series of graceful moves , showing typical Hemingway-esque cojones in the face of danger....

....and showing up later on Primetime to talk about rural broadband, despite his injuries
I think this incident is in direct response to the activities of our dads army in monaghan , cows lives matter , we may have a cattle uprising on our hands any day now .

Clanrickard

It posted the link without judgment on my part but I can see some diverging opinions emerging.

It is gorey, but is it any more barbaric than forcing people to wait on hospital trolleys? But that is moral relativity, which I try to avoid. On its own, it seems like an extremely gorey sport, though I must admit it is no more gorey than what happens in any abbatoir anywhere in the world.

The video itself reminds me of another video from a couple of years ago where one of the Arsenal players suffered a compound break of his leg. Bone was sticking out etc.
Stupid post of the day banker I'd say. And it its only 1 0 clock.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies