• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Burton criticises 'Herod Enda' insult, silent about death threats to Archbishop Martin

Skyrocket

A letter from a pro-life supporter calling Enda Kenny "worse than Herod" is unhelpful language "either to their own [pro-choice] argument or to the country" according to Joan Burton, but pro-abortion/'choice' nuts sending death threats to Archbishop Diarmuid Martin apparently doesn't merit mention or expressions of concern at all.

Gardai probe threats to archbishop over abortion - National News - Independent.ie

Burton calls some anti-abortion language unhelpful - RTÉ News

Bizarrely, Joan Burton also claims not to know 'anybody anywhere' in favour of abortion on demand:
Ms Burton said she did not know "anybody anywhere" who is in favour of abortion on demand.
How could Joan possibly forget her party colleague Ivana Bacik who has outdone herself at lowering the tone of the abortion debate by insulting the 'C' case woman who expressed regret at her abortion and branding the Bishops who spoke at the abortion hearing as misogynistic?

Hitch 22

We need an assassination in this country. Just because it's such fun seeing the anti-abortion and pro-choice people going at each other.
Why not take it to another level?

[video=youtube;6i6B7JsZFHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i6B7JsZFHk[/video]

carlovian

A letter from a pro-life supporter calling Enda Kenny "worse than Herod" is unhelpful language "either to their own [pro-choice] argument or to the country" according to Joan Burton, but pro-abortion/'choice' nuts sending death threats to Archbishop Diarmuid Martin apparently doesn't merit mention or expressions of concern at all.

Gardai probe threats to archbishop over abortion - National News - Independent.ie

Burton calls some anti-abortion language unhelpful - RTÉ News

Bizarrely, Joan Burton also claims not to know 'anybody anywhere' in favour of abortion on demand:

How could Joan possibly forget her party colleague Ivana Bacik who has outdone herself at lowering the tone of the abortion debate by insulting the 'C' case woman who expressed regret at her abortion and branding the Bishops who spoke at the abortion hearing as misogynistic?
Your giving out about double standards but you start your post by describing pro-life people as supporters
whereas pro-abortion/choice (your words) are nuts.

The Field Marshal

I heard this whinging from the Irish prime minister. In saying that there will be no abortion on demand in Ireland it's quite clear that like the late King Herod the Irish prime minister Kenny will now in all likelyhood legislate to permit a limited number of unborn babies to be murdered.

Bill

have you got anymore info on the garda probe?

LamportsEdge

Bring it in t'fúck and stop arseing around....
Best summary of the situation according to two referendums, the Supreme Court, the European Court of Human Rights and Irish public opinion polls I've ever seen.

Concise, accurate and conveying the necessary urgency. Allow me to congratulate my learned friend on the benches of plain-speaking.

Grey Area

Pro or anti reality check is that Irish abortions will continue as usual in the UK no matter what anyone does or says.

This is a distraction from the serious issues the country faces and Burton et al should remember less said the better.

Shannon73

The Christian who wrote to Enda kenny comparing him (in less favourable terms) to Herod is as bad as the Christian who wrote to Dr Martin with the death threat. These are head-bangers with utter conviction that their views are the really correct ones.
Extremists exist on both sides and they equally damage their respective viewpoints. In fairness to Kenny, I thought he explained his position in clear terms - no floodgate for abortions on demand; a clarification on the Supreme Court ruling. Not an easy task but no matter what he does, the extremists will disagree with the wording. Carry on, taoiseach, and ignore the cranks - the average person will understand the difficulty.

The Field Marshal

Best summary of the situation according to two referendums, the Supreme Court, the European Court of Human Rights and Irish public opinion polls I've ever seen.

Concise, accurate and conveying the necessary urgency. Allow me to congratulate my learned friend on the benches of plain-speaking.
Naturally since you have already called for the mass murder of catholic clergy you have no problem supporting those who call for the mass murder of unborn children

LamportsEdge

I heard this whinging from the Irish prime minister. In saying that there will be no abortion on demand in Ireland it's quite clear that like the late King Herod the Irish prime minister Kenny will now in all likelyhood legislate to permit a limited number of unborn babies to be murdered.
It would be if 'king herod' had historically done any such thing. But of course he didn't. You might as well refer to Enda Kenny as being 'like' someone in the Arthurian tale of watery tarts 'olding up swords out of a lake and dragons and so on. If you must blurt out fairy stories with no basis in history then you could at least preface such blurts with 'Once upon a time', Fieldy.

Mitsui2

Though I'm instinctively dubious about whether that "e" should be there in "arsing".

Can't find it in my OED, however, so carry on.

LamportsEdge

Naturally since you have already called for the mass murder of catholic clergy you have no problem supporting those who call for the mass murder of unborn children
Have I? I don't recall doing so. I am in favour of exiling the bloody lot of them and hanging the convicted paedos among them before their mates depart to become refugees in Rome so I can almost see the error in understanding.

LamportsEdge

Though I'm instinctively dubious about whether that "e" should be there in "arsing".

Can't find it in my OED, however, so carry on.
Yes. But I let it go for the beauty and poetry of it all. We Irish are forgiving creatures where art is concerned.

Skyrocket

Your giving out about double standards but you start your post by describing pro-life people as supporters
whereas pro-abortion/choice (your words) are nuts.
Those sending death threats.

I would also categorise pro-life supporters sending death threats as nuts.

The Field Marshal

Pro or anti reality check is that Irish abortions will continue as usual in the UK no matter what anyone does or says.

This is a distraction from the serious issues the country faces and Burton et al should remember less said the better.
Is it your view that rather than having thousands of unborn babies murdered every year in the UK that they should be murdered in Ireland instead?

Big Brother

Disappointed in Burton.

Silence over death threats to catholics undermines any credibility here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies