Business As Usual: Brian Cowen and Ken Rohan?

HanleyS

SamVimesBoots

They've got away with rampant corruption and laughing in the faces of the fools who vote for them for 40 years. Of cuorse they've no shame. FF for decades have just kept on pushing their luck to see what they could get away with, and the answer from the electorate every single time was "Do whatever ye want lads, a bit fer yerself, shure what harm"

Towards the end of the Ahern era they'd convinced themselves that there was nothing wrong with any of it and that the electorate would grin, wink and vote for them again. Jaysus aren't we rogues us Irish, wha?

HanleyS

Photo saved to my desktop for posterity. It's not actually the front page photo for the print edition so I don't want it vanishing. I doubt Ken Rohan will ever be investigated now that Mahon is over. The exercise of political power in Ireland would make a fascinating thesis.

MsAnneThrope

I'm sure somebody in the Irish Times is being a bit mischievous here but why is An Taoiseach photoed here with a logo for Rohan in the background? This is the same Ken Rohan who was conveniently spared the embarrassment of investigation by the Mahon Tribunal. Have Fianna Fail got no shame?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/images/2009/0529/frontpageimage.jpg?ts=1243560645
I'm sure it has to do with a renewed vigour on Cowen's part to deal with our schools' situtation. Rent a load more prefabs from RoanKabin for more than it would cost to purchase them outright (did he honestly think dropping the 'h' in Rohan would throw people off the scent?)

RoanKabin was purchased by SiteServ in 2007. The chairman of SiteServ is Offaly man and FF donator Hugh Cooney - who Cowen also made Chairman of Enterprise Ireland last November. Independent; FF donor gets plum job amid cries of cronyism. He is also a neighbour of - guess who - Des Richardson.

At the end of April the UK Times did up a list of who is benefitting the most from the rental of prefabs for schools here:
Companies with the most temporary classrooms contracts

Roankabin [SiteServ] 224
Extraspace 166
Maccomm/McEvoy148
Arben Systems/Instaspace 138
Masterkabin 114
Cabinpac 107
Allspace 98
Roadmaster 95
Castlecabin 88
Allspace 70
Don't forget Bertie also help Rohan save £1.5m tax on his art collection

How Rohan saved £1.5m in art tax

Its introduction is estimated to have saved Mr Rohan £1.5m in tax at the time, and between £150,000 and £180,000 a year thereafter.

According to a government spokesman: "It is wrong to suggest that the only beneficiary was one taxpayer. The beneficiary was the public, who had the opportunity to view an important art collection retained in the country.''
Isn't it a wonderful country we live in altogether?

Man or Mouse

I'm sure it has to do with a renewed vigour on Cowen's part to deal with our schools' situtation. Rent a load more prefabs from RoanKabin for more than it would cost to purchase them outright (did he honestly think dropping the 'h' in Rohan would throw people off the scent?)

RoanKabin was purchased by SiteServ in 2007. The chairman of SiteServ is Offaly man and FF donator Hugh Cooney - who Cowen also made Chairman of Enterprise Ireland last November. Independent; FF donor gets plum job amid cries of cronyism. He is also a neighbour of - guess who - Des Richardson.

At the end of April the UK Times did up a list of who is benefitting the most from the rental of prefabs for schools here:

Don't forget Bertie also help Rohan save £1.5m tax on his art collection

How Rohan saved £1.5m in art tax

Isn't it a wonderful country we live in altogether?
One great thing about that Rohan legislation is that it set a precedent by making the law retroactive. Yummie yummie yummie. Now we can nail the bustards.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies