By-Elections 2019: Wexford, Cork NC, Dublin Fingal & Dublin Midwest.

redneck

I believe that Kenny Egan might be the Fine Gael candidate in Dublin Mid West. He seems to have a fairly high profile at the moment. And there is usually a good reason for this. He would be difficult to beat. S.F might run Lynn Boylan and she would be a good candidate. It would be an interesting match up.

Keatingfan

I believe that Kenny Egan might be the Fine Gael candidate in Dublin Mid West. He seems to have a fairly high profile at the moment. And there is usually a good reason for this. He would be difficult to beat. S.F might run Lynn Boylan and she would be a good candidate. It would be an interesting match up.
Lynn Boylan won’t be running here I’m told. And Kenneth Egan won’t either. The dead cert for FG is Cllr Emer Higgins with William Lavelle an outside possibility now that Frances Fitz has departed for Europe. Higgins in turn is the favourite for the seat. There’s a full thread on this elsewhere.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
William Lavelle... you mean the spy? Or another William Lavelle?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
There was a Joe Lavelle appointed to the board of the HSE in 2010 by Sumo ... any relation, does anyone know?

PatrickSmithUS

Malcolm Byrne want FF to run four candidates in the next GE. They've only selected two in Browne and MacDonald.

I'd imagine he's worried that MacDonald has no chance of being elected and they could be in trouble in the South of the county. Lots of FFers around the New Ross/Hook peninsula area have spoken openly about supporting Verona Murphy FG so they need to do something.

The bye election will probably turn into a shoot out between Murphy FG, George Lawlor Labour and the Wallace selected candidate. The only way that FF have a hope of competing is to select Byrne but MacDonald will likely block that.

lff12

G
Lynn Boylan won’t be running here I’m told. And Kenneth Egan won’t either. The dead cert for FG is Cllr Emer Higgins with William Lavelle an outside possibility now that Frances Fitz has departed for Europe. Higgins in turn is the favourite for the seat. There’s a full thread on this elsewhere.
Higgins is much liked - but can she retain the seat?
Someone has said Paul Gogarty could win - find that very doubtful. If he was going to win he would have done so in 2016.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies