bypassing Britain (Brexit-busting’ ferry launched from Dublin Port)

firefly123

You've no other choice. And essentially that's what Ireland has always done anyway.
But we do have another choice this time.
It's difficult I know for certain elements in the UK and even here to get their heads around but we won't be doing that this time. It's going to sting for a long time and I know how much people will rant and complain but this too shall pass.
In a few years we will wonder what the fuss was about and I'm sure we will still be friends.

blinding

But we do have another choice this time.
It's difficult I know for certain elements in the UK and even here to get their heads around but we won't be doing that this time. It's going to sting for a long time and I know how much people will rant and complain but this too shall pass.
In a few years we will wonder what the fuss was about and I'm sure we will still be friends.
It could actually be like the Millennium Bug = Much ado about Nothing .

Its not in Britain’s interests to do a bad deal . To do a bad deal the Eu would have to throw the 26 counties particularly under the bus if not all of Ireland . How can the Eu do this and keep any credibility with all the other small Countries in Europe .

So much of this is Politicians positioning themselves as best they see for themselves ( normal service )

A bad deal for all side would be ridiculous and the Politicians on all sides will not leave themselves in the Position to take the blame for that .

Ireniall

Just get used to it. Ireland is a small island, small population, small business, small minded... your post is essentially a pipe-dream.

You work on cutting off your reliance to the UK.. indeed!
Project much? We are not Northern Ireland. Cling to nurse for fear of something worse would describe your pitiful dependence on the UK quite accurately. You celebrate every century when your political representatives have an input in Westminster through some unlikely convolution of the numbers. For a truncated period you have what looks like a tiny influence over the sixty five million people of the UK before they cast you back to the dreary steeples. We are a sovereign nation with a place at the EU table whether it be heads of government or any lesser gathering, a Commissioner, MEPs and a veto and a 12.5% goddam CT rate with a market of 400m people. We'll try to keep an eye on you as you disappear in our rear view mirror. You might have one source of hope. Soon the voting Catholics will be in the majority and they just might do the obvious thing if you boys don't have the place ruined in the meantime.

Al.

Project much? We are not Northern Ireland. Cling to nurse for fear of something worse would describe your pitiful dependence on the UK quite accurately
...while you deny the Republic's pitiful dependence on Germany.
We are a sovereign nation with a place at the EU table
LOL! The Republic has been a vassal since 1972. Go back and read the Third Amendment; allowing any foreign governmental body's laws to "hav(e) the force of law in the State" means no more sovereignty. The EU was designed to give Germany dominance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom