C& S agreement extended until 2020

hiding behind a poster

Fake news from fiddled figures, fumbled by a feckless fool, fidgeting to fob off the furious.

The lads have been cooking the books. Look up the broad unemployment rates for the realities, instead of crossing off a whole generation that yours sold out as "wasters".
I'm referring to the facts. Look them up.

hiding behind a poster

Singing off the Eoghan Murphy hymn sheet while 4000 children are homeless this Christmas. You're sick.
No, stating the facts.

That FG are inflexible with people's medical habits and unwilling to place a range of treatment within emergency access?
There is a range of treatment. What do you mean by "people's medical habits", anyway? A change of culture is most definitely needed, do you seriously think people should be going to A&Es with flu, for example?

Fr. Ted Crilly

I never said spending guaranteed anything. The point I was making to the idiot in question was that, contrary to his claim, spending on public services is not still being cut, it's actually being increased.

Re your other points, I agree with you up to a point. I think this is one of the consequences of a minority C&S government - anything remotely radical in terms of reform gets shot down by Indos and FF, none of whom have the slightest interest in any reform that means actual change.
Stop blaming others for FG's failings.
Ye were in government with almost a full majority for 5 years from 2011-2016, ffs.
3 FG ministers for health in a row.

Can you people ever own up to your failings?

Marcos the black

Ye were in government with almost a full majority for 5 years from 2011-2016, ffs.

Agreed.
But no govt./Min for health has sorted out the problem or made it better.
There is so much to be changed, and that change is meeting so much resistance that the overall goal is a long term evolving one, not one of a fixed term govt. So, I'm not saying FG have don't a great job on health, not at all, but this particular issue is not about any individual Minister.
In fact imo things will get worse, actually things have to get worse before they get better.

Eventualities

I'm referring to the facts. Look them up.
You're referring to CSO figures that have been fiddled. Broad unemployment is at 14%, there are 4000 children homeless and banks are calling in the UVF to beat up the elderly. You stand over this.

Eventualities

Agreed.
But no govt./Min for health has sorted out the problem or made it better.
There is so much to be changed, and that change is meeting so much resistance that the overall goal is a long term evolving one, not one of a fixed term govt. So, I'm not saying FG have don't a great job on health, not at all, but this particular issue is not about any individual Minister.
In fact imo things will get worse, actually things have to get worse before they get better.
Or FG could just put away its horn for private insurers and invest in public health?

Eventualities

I never said spending guaranteed anything. The point I was making to the idiot in question was that, contrary to his claim, spending on public services is not still being cut, it's actually being increased.

Re your other points, I agree with you up to a point. I think this is one of the consequences of a minority C&S government - anything remotely radical in terms of reform gets shot down by Indos and FF, none of whom have the slightest interest in any reform that means actual change.
FG have shot down plenty of radical reform in bills from the hard left. Their sole interest is maintaining status quo.

sic transit

Then why is public health being rapidly two-tiered? Why are hospitals short-staffed because of wage competition with the private sector?
There's a long list of vested interests that make all of that happen! Add in poor management, very limited primary care and GPs tending to sick kids and the elderly and you have a mess that needs a clean slate.

sic transit

Exactly.
It's about inept management from the boy minister down...
8 years of FG and healthcare here is getting worse by the day.

Leo will probably blame someone else too....
With the possible exception of Harney and even that was limited, no minister has ever succeeded in Health. Angola as an epithet still applies.

Fr. Ted Crilly

With the possible exception of Harney and even that was limited, no minister has ever succeeded in Health. Angola as an epithet still applies.
Harney took over Mehole Martin's HSE and promptly announced an emergency.
It's been that way ever since.
If a country cannot provide proper healthcare and shelter for it's citizens, what type of a country is it?

midlander12

You're referring to CSO figures that have been fiddled. Broad unemployment is at 14%, there are 4000 children homeless and banks are calling in the UVF to beat up the elderly. You stand over this.
What's this 'broad unemployment' and how are the CSO figures being fiddled? If we had 14% unemployment there would be queues for jobs in supermarkets and cafes. Instead we are importing migrant labour at almost Celtic Tiger rates.

Eventualities

What's this 'broad unemployment' and how are the CSO figures being fiddled? If we had 14% unemployment there would be queues for jobs in supermarkets and cafes. Instead we are importing migrant labour at almost Celtic Tiger rates.
Including zero-hours deals, JobPath, precarious work and underemployment. CSO figures exclude these.

midlander12

Including zero-hours deals, JobPath, precarious work and underemployment. CSO figures exclude these.
I think you'd need to show some figures to back up a rate of 14%. Many of these categories can or could claim Job Seeker's Allowance at least some of the time and would therefore show up in the unemployment figures.

Eventualities

hiding behind a poster

Potentially the best Health minister we've ever had was run out of office over a load of shyte, fed to the media by the very vested interests that he knew how to confront. And you and many on this site completely missed the bigger picture, falling instead for the shyte.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies