Callely to sue SEANAD committee

adamirer

Callely in High Court challenge to Seanad committee | BreakingNews.ie

requires a seperate thread,...

Callely is suing fellow Senators Pat Moylan, the Seanad Cathaoirleach (FF); Camilus Glynn (FF); Denis O’Donovan (FF); Joe O’Toole (Independent); Alex White (Labour) and Frances Fitzgerald (Fine Gael) and Dan Boyle (Greens).

Callely versus Moylan, Glynn, O’Donovan, O’Toole, White, Fitzgerald and Boyle will be heard at 11am tomorrow in High Court No 29.

Munnkeyman

What is wrong with this country.

I don't believe that he'll get anywhere with it .........

corelli

Very interesting. The Courts, however, are generally disinclined to intervene in Oireachtas procedures.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Michael O'’Higgins is a pretty eminent barrister, who won't come cheap

I'd be curious if a judge grants his right to challenge... as judges aren't too fond of going near the Orieachtas

Also I'd expect the High Court to do a divisional sitting on this for the substantive hearing.... and wonder might they even do one tomorrow

Lastly I hope he is let challenge, and that it fails.... and he appeals.... and it fails, and the Supreme Court order costs against him

cYp

jackryan

They had better make sure he had got a fair hearing!! It wood be some laugh if he won damages?

Tony Liar

Sure next we will get a taoiseach going to court trying to stop a tribunal he established. Oh, sorry, that already happened.

corelli

Michael O'’Higgins is a pretty eminent barrister, who won't come cheap

I'd be curious if a judge grants his right to challenge... as judges aren't too fond of going near the Orieachtas

Also I'd expect the High Court to do a divisional sitting on this for the substantive hearing.... and wonder might they even do one tomorrow

Lastly I hope he is let challenge, and that it fails.... and he appeals.... and it fails, and the Supreme Court order costs against him

cYp
Would have got Gerard Hogan myself, but there you go!!

Most unusual to not be granted leave to apply for Judicial Review in such cases. Case will probably be heard. Could well be a divisional court, though it's long vacation and no substantial hearing until October I would have thought.

It will be interesting to see what grounds he advances for the challenge. One wonders is he going to spring the "Mary Harney has a big gob" defence.

stanley

Shades of Ahern's tactics at Mahon, delay, delay, delay, wonder if he has applied for legal aid.

breakingnews

He's certainly ruining any chances for his son at future elections with all this nonsense.

slippy wicket

This can't be true?
He must have balls the size of an elephants.

the_rebubblican

Bizarre, unprecedented...you know the rest. Like a desperate balloonist trying to stay in the air Ivor is using everything and anything to avoid the inevitable crash to earth. I hope the "Engine" has something a bit more substantial to embarrass his former masters.

Tomas Mor

Very interesting. The Courts, however, are generally disinclined to intervene in Oireachtas procedures.

What about the famous Cearbhaill O'Dálaigh/Brian Walsh judgment in the Haughey case which in effect scuppered the PA committee into the diversion of money of buy arms ? Anything can crawl out of the courts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies