Calls Grow For Businessman & Fianna Fáil Politican To Resign..

macs magic

I'll take you at your word and accept that you have a lot of problems, I'm guessing, with anti-social behaviour from travellers. It's not hard to believe. I've said before here that a whole bunch of that community don't do themselves or their community any favours, and that's putting it mildly, but you just can't say out loud what those two guys did as public figures.
Whether by accident or design, what their public statements amounted to was incitement to hatred, and the outworkings of that probably was the arson attack.
No, I wouldn't like to suffer what you have, and again...I don't disbelieve you, but I've seen enough of the self same behaviour from "settled" people in my lifetime.
Do you think that's fair comment?

Your right on the settled people thing.But you have to take into account that there are only 40,000 tinkers in Ireland and they are forever in the news causing trouble.
I'd love to see crime statistics for tinkers in percentage terms.
They think they can do what they like so it's no surprise that people judge the book by it's cover.

cathalbrugha

Nice dodge of the question .
What question? All you've done is biatch and moan.. You're throwing out Statements, you haven't actually asked a question..

Would I like noisy neighbours? No. Would it make a difference if the neighbours were both noisy and Travellers? No. Arseholes are arseholes..

BTW - I'm a Bob Dylan fan.. Hence when you told me to sing a different tune I posted Maggies Farm, as I honestly believe that Desire & Bringing it all back home are classics.. I just hat Mr Tambourine Man.. The song does my nut in.. The Hurricane is a classic, not just coz it's about Rubin Carter, who spent years behind bars, as I'm shure you're well aware off.. I digg Joey Joooeeeeeeyyyyy King of the Streets, child at play.. And I like to spend some time in Mozambique... Sara & Oh Sister when I come to lie in yar arms, you must not treat me like a stranger.. An dtig thú?

[video=youtube_share;7wFSjgDRCF4]http://youtu.be/7wFSjgDRCF4[/video]

A bit of Barry?

[video=youtube_share;eCrnpJTJiuU]http://youtu.be/eCrnpJTJiuU[/video]

ticketyboo

It's quite difficult to shoot someone in the back of the head whilst driving a taxi. You really should keep your eyes on the road at all times.

Moron
Even if one were to consider that the person being shot in the head is the one driving the taxi, it only makes the comment even MORE nonsensical. Maybe it's just me, but I would be loathe to shoot my driver in the back of the head while sitting behind him.
I'll see your moron and raise you an imbecile.

cathalbrugha

The above is another reason FF will gain in the next election. Just the perception that FF are anti Traveller will help their campaign.
I don't doubt for a minute that Fianna Fáil would sink so low by playing the Anti-Traveller Card.. That's what the OP is about..
A Multi-millionaire Businessman & Fianna Fáil Politican .. No different to Fine Gael whipping up a storm about The African Card, and in the meantime Labour people will play whatever Card gets them elected, or in Killian Fordes case, it's the Card that got him where he is today, as chief of a Quango.. The African Card in reverse.. Why are they doing it? It's very simple imho, Coz they've no idea how to create 100,000 jobs.. Remember that - The 5-Point Plan to create 100,000 jobs? There's now approximately 600,000 Unemployed.. Will there be Race Riots? Not on your life.. Just isolated incidents.. Ireland will Implode, and not Explode.. All the trends are pointing that way..

hellsbells

I'll take you at your word and accept that you have a lot of problems, I'm guessing, with anti-social behaviour from travellers. It's not hard to believe. I've said before here that a whole bunch of that community don't do themselves or their community any favours, and that's putting it mildly, but you just can't say out loud what those two guys did as public figures.
Whether by accident or design, what their public statements amounted to was incitement to hatred, and the outworkings of that probably was the arson attack.
No, I wouldn't like to suffer what you have, and again...I don't disbelieve you, but I've seen enough of the self same behaviour from "settled" people in my lifetime.
Do you think that's fair comment?
I have lived at my present address for 25 years .In that time I have never had a bad word with a neighbour .When It snowed last year

I cleared the snow from the footpaths and checked up on the elderly in the area .I mind my own business and I expect others to do

the same. But I am at my wits end from these people .

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I have lived at my present address for 25 years .In that time I have never had a bad word with a neighbour .When It snowed last year

I cleared the snow from the footpaths and checked up on the elderly in the area .I mind my own business and I expect others to do

the same. But I am at my wits end from these people .
I have no reason to dispute what you say.

But the problem is taking your issue and condemning an entire people as a result.

Scumbags from an urban council estate moved into an area near me a few years back, they are a one family crime spree. And clearly urban Council estates have huge crime issues, domestic violence problems etc. But I wouldn't presume someone from a Council house was a scumbag despite the stats and anecdotes.

hellsbells

I have no reason to dispute what you say.

But the problem is taking your issue and condemning an entire people as a result.

Scumbags from an urban council estate moved into an area near me a few years back, they are a one family crime spree. And clearly urban Council estates have huge crime issues, domestic violence problems etc. But I wouldn't presume someone from a Council house was a scumbag despite the stats and anecdotes.
Point taken ,but this is the fourth traveller family we have had . One worse than the next .

TiredOfBeingTired

Pringle has now associated himself with eirigi, RSF and the likes.
Wouldn't think that was a wild sensible move for him. Hopefully come election time it will do him plenty of harm
If you want to talk about elections, Pringle cant gain or lose any votes in the area around the burnt house.
The burned house is currently in Pringle's constituency.
However, due to new constituency boundaries, the house will be about 5 miles outside of his constituency when the election comes.

Also remember Pringle was in SF but is an Independent now.

Last edited:

'orebel

Your right on the settled people thing.But you have to take into account that there are only 40,000 tinkers in Ireland and they are forever in the news causing trouble.
I'd love to see crime statistics for tinkers in percentage terms.
They think they can do what they like so it's no surprise that people judge the book by it's cover.
You're right on the settled people thing.But you have to take into account that there are only 31,529 residents of Finglas* in Ireland and they are forever in the news causing trouble.
I'd love to see crime statistics for residents of Finglas in percentage terms.

*or any other area with higher than average levels of crime.

'orebel

Point taken ,but this is the fourth traveller family we have had . One worse than the next .
Things are improving every time then?

realist

You're right on the settled people thing.But you have to take into account that there are only 31,529 residents of Finglas* in Ireland and they are forever in the news causing trouble.
I'd love to see crime statistics for residents of Finglas in percentage terms.

Interesting choice. There has been a recurring traveller feud in Finglas for quite some time.

2004:
The three districts in the DMR West account for more than 70 per cent of the country's serious crime. The area contains dozens of competing gangs involved in a whole spectrum of crime from drug dealing to the sale of illegal diesel.

The sub-district of Finglas alone has twice as many shootings as Limerick, with an average of one every six days.......

Recently, with the outbreak of serious trouble along Dunsink Lane - where Dublin Corporation erected a concrete barrier, blocking in around 70 Traveller families - two 4x4s with members of the Garda's Emergency Response Unit (ERU) have been sent out to Finglas,but they are there only on an irregular basis.
Fear and loathing in Finglas - Independent.ie

2012:
At least two people were hospitalised and three men were arrested when two groups of Travellers were involved in a pitched battle on Cappagh Road in Finglas shortly after 6pm on Sunday.

Sources say that over 40 men were involved in the trouble.
Car destroyed and house bombed in gang savagery - Herald.ie

The first article mentions Limerick. There has been a huge reduction in crime in Limerick since most of the the most high profile members of the settled traveller families there have been imprisoned.

The jailing of almost 60 key figures in Limerick’s notorious gangs, coupled with in-fighting among active gang members, has led to a significant decrease in crime in the city, according to a senior garda.
Gardaí

And since this thread is about Donegal:

AN 86-year-old pensioner wept as she told of how a gang behind a spate of robberies ransacked her home.

Maureen Kelly lives alone in a quiet rural area just outside Convoy, Co Donegal. Several other pensioners were targeted in a four-hour crime spree in the east of the county on the same day.

A Traveller gang which bases itself in Derry and Sheffield is suspected of being behind at least eight raids on Monday – less than 72 hours after thieves stole a substantial amount of money from Greta Lilly (96) in Buncrana.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ld-do-this-to-me-in-my-own-home-28956043.html

Pavee Point and other traveller advocacy groups obviously consist of good, law abiding travellers. But until the violence and robbery practised by a significant number of traveller families is eradicated, they are fighting a losing battle in trying to convince the general public of the benefits of supporting their culture.

the secretary

If you want to talk about elections, Pringle cant gain or lose any votes in the area around the burnt house.
The burned house is currently in Pringle's constituency.
However, due to new constituency boundaries, the house will be about 5 miles outside of his constituency when the election comes.

Also remember Pringle was in SF but is an Independent now.
I'm well aware that the area is outside the new proposed Donegal constituency. But his local cllr mate John Campbell will be looking for votes there next year. Haven't heard anything from him yet.
Pringle got elected last time out with many borrowed FF voters. His attack on mc Eniff won't do him any good.

TiredOfBeingTired

I'm well aware that the area is outside the new proposed Donegal constituency. But his local cllr mate John Campbell will be looking for votes there next year. Haven't heard anything from him yet.
Pringle got elected last time out with many borrowed FF voters. His attack on mc Eniff won't do him any good.
All politics are local.

Pringle got elected last time out with many borrowed FF and SF votes.

His attack on mc Eniff won't do him any good.
True.
There aren't too many Vincent Brownes or AFAs(Anti Fascists) in Donegal.

John Campbell will be looking for votes there next year. Haven't heard anything from him yet.
Will he reject Pringle's comments? Can he, realistically?

REVEALED: COUNCIL HADN’T SIGNED DEAL FOR FIREBOMBED BALLYSHANNON HOUSE | Donegal Daily
"The Donegal home at the centre of the recent uproar over Traveller accommodation was NOT bought by Donegal County Council before the attack.Donegal Daily can reveal the owner of the Ballyshannon house did not sign the house over to the council before it was burned to the ground.

It is understood she is now taking legal advice on the matter and is checking to see if the property was covered by insurance up to the time of the fire."
The owner may have insurance problems if she wasnt living in the house.
Those arsonists, whoever they are, could cost her a small fortune.

the secretary

Will he reject Pringle's comments? Can he, realistically?

The owner may have insurance problems if she wasnt living in the house.
Those arsonists, whoever they are, could cost her a small fortune.[/QUOTE]

I know John but as far as I'm aware he hasn't said anything about mc Eniff yet. If he's wise he shouldn't be drawn into the whole thing.
Mc Eniff seems to be getting all the flack. Dolan is getting off much lighter.
I was aware that the house was not sold to the council. It's very unfortunate for her the way things have panned out.
She'll prob end up being the biggest looser in the whole affair.

TiredOfBeingTired

Turns out that the Council had not actually bought the house that was burned down. They were due to sign for it that morning but the contract was never signed.

How were they able to allocate a house that they did not even own?
House not bought by council before fire - The Irish Times - Wed, Feb 20, 2013

This allocating of houses before they are even acquired will put people right off selling homes to the Council.
So who disclosed/leaked the information before the sale was completed......................?
The seller will blow a fuse when she finds out.

InsideImDancing

McTell

Ah now be fair all of yez, arson is a cultural thing along the border.

That case in Armagh in 2006 involved hammering in the heads of the victims as well. They didn't go that far in dacent Christian Holy Moly Donegal.
Man in court over Co Armagh murders - UTV Live News

Bertie's Hat

Whats Sean McEniff, up to these days??? Anyone know.
Now RIP.

The media stormabout the house died down very quickly after it was burned down. Was the family housed in the Ballyshannon area in the end?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom