• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Calls Grow For The Repatriation of Irishman

Gracchus

Political prisoner my arse...

He's a brain dead criminal thug who was acting and conspiring against the wishes of the vast majority on this island, north and south.

Nothing political about it.

F*** him.
The Provos were the same, and I accept they had the right to political status.

D

Dylan2010

also given that his brother Liam is part of the group responsible for the Omagh bombing, can we dispense with the idea that this was a lads weekend away gone wrong or he thought he was importing garlic that looked like handgranades. it looks like a scumbag sociopath getting his due.

Gracchus

Good for you but what is the relevance to this particular person's legal situation?
I'm under the impression that political prisoners may be allowed allowances as in serving their time in their home country. Although I could be wrong about that, just an assumption.

NeilW

I'm under the impression that political prisoners may be allowed allowances as in serving their time in their home country. Although I could be wrong about that, just an assumption.
I'm no expert in Lithuanian law but as it hasnt been raised to date we must surely presume that there is no such provision.

S

simeongrimes

Fair enough if you's never accepted that the PIRA prisoners were not political prisoners, but for the life of me I can see very little difference in the two groups.
We have an agreement now which the overwhelmingly vast majority of Irish people have endorsed. You don't have to like it. You can argue for change and campaign for change. But if you take up arms against the agreement you are a traitor in my opinion and should be executed as a traitor.

Windowshopper

I think this thread is not going in the direction the OP had hoped. . .

pippakin

Political prisoner? In his dreams.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
And that would have been your attitude to Roger Casement if you had been around then , whether we agree with his actions or not it should not be too much to at least have him moved to a prison here , nobody wants him released
Interesting how people have a different opinion when the boot is on the other foot

Family want Sharon killer to stay here - Independent.ie

Chucky our law!

them foreign prisons tend to be like prisons where inmates feel uncomfortable. He probably doesn't even have access to sky sports.
:shock2: The inhumanity!

Last edited:

Carl Claudius

I dont think anyone is foolish enough to believe there is a groundswell of support or sympathy for dissident terrorists out there.
I am sure a petition will be available for signing at some stage tomorrow on o'connell street. why do we tolerate such groups as Eirigi, 32 county soverignty movement, RIRA etc.? they should be treated like lepers.

Lain2016

Why should anyone sign a petition for this reptile. Had the arms landed innocent people might have died. Also I find it hard to imagine how one can be set up by anyone to smuggle weapons. My attitude is tough luck.
Entrapment...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies