• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Cameron rejects the idea of Self Determination for Ireland

Cael

David Cameron, speaking at the Tory Conference, has rejected the idea that the Irish people have the right to determine our own future, and has given the lie to claims that Britain has no selfish or strategic interest in Ireland. He said: “When I say I am prime minister of the United Kingdom, I really mean it. England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland – we're weaker apart, stronger together, so together is the way we must always stay.'' The "Celtic Fringe" MUST be kept under Anglo-Saxon domination to guarantee England's position as a world power.

So much for the lies about the GFA giving us real self determination. In a statement, Breandán MacCionnaith, noting this admission of imperial intent on the part of the British state has said: “Yet again, it falls to Irish republicans to point out that Britain has no right in Ireland, never had any right in Ireland and never can have any right in Ireland. All the posturing in the world by British prime ministers cannot change that fact."

Cael

eoghanacht

Who's pays for Brendan McKenna's food, clothing, housing, etc on a fortnightly basis?

Answers on a postcard.
Jesus BC if your going to try sneak back under a differant alias atleast change your style. It's so easy to spot.

Any link for this Cael. Surely the British PM stating he's going to ignore or undermine the peace agreements that so many including BC here worked hard to create.

Cael

His name is Brendan McKenna just as the terrorist who liked to be called "Seán Mac Stíofáin" was actually John Stephenson.
That is an entirely sectarian and fascist thing to say. Im very dissapointed in you.

eoghanacht

His name is Brendan McKenna just as the terrorist who liked to be called "Seán Mac Stíofáin" was actually John Stephenson.
Does someone having a gaelic name upset you?

eoghanacht

Here:

NATION

When I walked into Downing Street as Prime Minister, that evening I was deeply conscious that I was taking over the heaviest of responsibilities, not least for the future of our United Kingdom.

Tony Blair, Gordon Brown - and John Major before them - worked incredibly hard to bring lasting peace to Northern Ireland and I will continue their work.

And as the threat of dissident republican terrorism increases, I want to make it clear that we will protect our people with every means at our disposal.

And I want to make something else clear.

When I say I am Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, I really mean it.

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland - we're weaker apart, we are stronger together, and together is how we must remain.

The Conservative Party | News | Speeches | David Cameron: Together in the National Interest

Northern Voice

Cameron has spoken only the truth. The continuation of the union can only be strengthened by mutual co-operation of the British states within the UK.

Cael

Why is it sectarian and fascist ?

It's the truth Cael. It's an affectation on his part as it was for Stephenson.
What you are saying is that only the British state has the right to determine what Irish people call themselves. Did you ever see the TV series Roots? New captured slave Kúnta Kinte is whipped and beaten by his masters while they shout at him to say "My name is Toby." Finally, with his skin in shreads, and near death, he weakly says: "My name is Toby." From that moment on, he is a slave.

Cael

If memory serves me correctly he used the 'English' version of his name for about 5 years until he thought 'Irishing it up' would give him more credibility in the ranks of the anti-GFA neanderthals.

An Irish citizen has the right to use their name in Irish any time they want. British fascists can't take that right away from us.

eoghanacht

Where in the GFA is a UK politician banned from saying he believes in the UK ?
Is it beside where Politicians in the ROI are banned from talking about a United Ireland ?
When that MP happens to be a Tory PM, making a speech to his own party. A speech that would have been drafted and redrafted numerous times, each word painstakingly examined and measured then there is a problem.

He's just given violent dissidents another recruitment tool.

'together is how we must remain'- he goes further than staing he believes in the UK, he has stated the UK 'must' remain together.

Cael

How about his parents mo chara ? Nice people petunia

I certainly have the right to use the name he was given ..... it would be fascistic and sectarian of you to try and force me to do otherwise.
So, you think that our parents have the right to determine who and what we are? If you were gay, and your father said you were hetro-sexual, would that mean you were not really gay?

Cael

Well, hopefully, we will no longer hear the lying bull about the GFA giving Ireland its de facto "freedom."

Cael

Cruimh

So, you think that our parents have the right to determine who and what we are? If you were gay, and your father said you were hetro-sexual, would that mean you were not really gay?
Heh - you seem to have backed away from ranting about Kúnta Kinte and the British state......

Honour thy father and thy mother ..... The Commandment

Bit disrespectful to dump the name they gave you for cheap political point scoring, eh what ?