Cameron rejects the idea of Self Determination for Ireland

Cael

Good on Cameron. It's refreshing to have an English politician in this day and age not grovelling after SF/IRA and afraid to offend Dublin. I think NI will prove itself i the coming years. The status quo is the biggest threat to an already dwindling nationalist sentiment in Northern Ireland. Long may it continue!
As I say, the so called "peace process" is now a dead duck.

Schomberg

Theres nothing necessarily wrong with what he's doing, but it does show him to be extremely biassed towards Unionism, when really he should be seen as a neutral in the peace process.
in the same way Dublin should be? :roll:

He's the PM of the United Kingdom, leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party. The clues in the name.

Schomberg

As I say, the so called "peace process" is now a dead duck.
the peace process was a success. Republicanism been been defeated. It's moved onto the next stage, Ulsterising Irish Nationalists.

Cael

the peace process was a success. Republicanism been been defeated. It's moved onto the next stage, Ulsterising Irish Nationalists.

Well, that certainly is what Stormont is all about,

dublincitizen

in the same way Dublin should be? :roll:

He's the PM of the United Kingdom, leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party. The clues in the name.
You don't see the Taoiseach calling for a United Ireland every chance he gets. He knows he has to deal with Unionists and that if he tried to force such views on the Northern public, it would compromise his position in the peace process.

David Cameron unfortunately failed to see this and let his bias get in the way and he is now seen as favouring one community over the other and disrespecting the wish of a large section of Northern society to unite with the rest of Ireland.

oboe

This matters how??

The job dodgers on the Newtownards Road are going to be as screwed as those in Ardoyne when Cameron slashes and burns.

Anyone who believes a UI is less likely today than it was yesterday was harbouring under serious delusions.

SevenStars

Yes the doubling of "Peace Walls" shows how brillant it has been.

The fostering of sectarian hatred is necessary to keep the six county statelet under British occupation...Yet it carries with it the danger of exploding into the Brits face....So they have a very difficult juggling act to preform.

There is more and more rejection of the GFA among northern "nationalists" and more and more support for the anti-colonial partisans.

Schomberg

A few 'castle catholics' I know were in Windsor Park last night for the NI match...

The plan is working well. :D
A cousin of mine was in Afghan with the RI and said there was a good number of NI Catholics there. All Unionist. The tides changing. That Rory McIlroy holding the flag pic was like death by a thousand cuts for some on here :lol:

Schomberg

There is more and more rejection of the GFA among northern "nationalists" and more and more support for the anti-colonial partisans.
I don't buy that SS. There's areas where there will always be some degree of support for that, but just like my lot down here, they're always remain a minority. course, we don't kill people ;)

SevenStars

I don't buy that SS. There's areas where there will always be some degree of support for that, but just like my lot down here, they're always remain a minority. course, we don't kill people ;)
What was your cousin doing in Afghanistan?

Picking daisies to keep the child rapists of the Northern Alliance in power?

:rolleyes:

SevenStars

Wait till anti-colonial Partisan gets killed in action. Than we will see how things really stand.

Cael

Yes the doubling of "Peace Walls" shows how brillant it has been.

The fostering of sectarian hatred is necessary to keep the six county statelet under British occupation...Yet it carries with it the danger of exploding into the Brits face....So they have a very difficult juggling act to preform.

Yes, a chara, the new academic survey showing sympathy for Militant Republicanism at 14% among Nationalists will certainly be a big set back to the Ulsterisation and Normalisation policy.

Cael

A cousin of mine was in Afghan with the RI and said there was a good number of NI Catholics there. All Unionist. The tides changing. That Rory McIlroy holding the flag pic was like death by a thousand cuts for some on here :lol:
Must feel good to be on the same side as Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness.

picador

We were assured this kind of trolling - i.e. using trivial disputes over names to derail threads - was going to be clamped down upon.

Let us see if was just that empty rhetoric I suspect it was.

Speaking of empty rhetoric - unless they opt to derogate the British Government is bound by the terms of the British-Irish Agrmement of 1999.

Cael

Speaking of empty rhetoric - unless they opt to derogate the British Government is bound by the terms of the British-Irish Agrmement of 1999.
It seems they already have...

picador

It seems they already have...
There are formal procedures for derogating from international treaties. The UN have to be informed.

Garza

David Cameron, speaking at the Tory Conference, has rejected the idea that the Irish people have the right to determine our own future, and has given the lie to claims that Britain has no selfish or strategic interest in Ireland. He said: “When I say I am prime minister of the United Kingdom, I really mean it. England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland – we're weaker apart, stronger together, so together is the way we must always stay.'' The "Celtic Fringe" MUST be kept under Anglo-Saxon domination to guarantee England's position as a world power.

So much for the lies about the GFA giving us real self determination. In a statement, Breandán MacCionnaith, noting this admission of imperial intent on the part of the British state has said: “Yet again, it falls to Irish republicans to point out that Britain has no right in Ireland, never had any right in Ireland and never can have any right in Ireland. All the posturing in the world by British prime ministers cannot change that fact."
UK person wants to keep UK intact shock horror.

This is poor Cael, even by your standards. You have been grasping straws recently, whats up lad?

If you can show me where Cameron said that he would prevent a border vote, show me, if not again your just talking mush.

Antrim

15 years ago Unionists from NI would have called themselves British. Nationalists from NI would have called themselves Irish. Now a growing section of each community call themselves Northern Irish. I think this is a great thing, the two communities are merging. What we need to complete the process is a flag and an anthem that unites us.

What will happen after the unification of Northern Ireland’s people is anybody’s guess. Will they stay as part of the UK of leave to join a United Ireland. The point is it will be the peoples decision not radical Nationalists of Unionists. Only the people, united, can plot our true course whether we like it or not.

dublincitizen

Antrim the use of the term 'Northern Irish' isn't any sign of the 2 communities 'coming together', its just a cop-out whenever people are asked are they Irish or British in polls, because its such a tabboo subject that people want to avoid.

The reality is theres no such thing as 'Northern Irish', it doesn't exist. There is no common 'Northern Irish' culture or identity. You're either Irish or you're British, its as simple as that.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom