• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Cameron resigns as MP

stakerwallace

Soon to be made Lord Calais - Dover?

eoghanacht

The suppliers of pig heads are going to busy.

livingstone

He's young enough that he can start a new, and probably very highly paid, career. Presume he's not going to want to wait around for three years dealing with Frustrated in Witney's pot hole problem before getting his next job.

Being a backbench MP is pretty rubbish. Being a backbench MP who's a former PM is doubly rubbish. And whereas Brown could get away with never being in the House, if Cameron remained, he'd have to be there for all the late night votes because the majority is so slim. Not an attractive proposition.

Old Mr Grouser

No longer being an MP he won't have to register his financial interests.

And being an ex-Prime Minister he can earn an awful lot of money.

FunkyBoogaloo

David Cameron resigns as MP with immediate effect...

...to take up a new role as special envoy to the EU.

Spanner Island

Why would he stay?

He'll be alright Jack... just like all of them... he'll end up on numerous company boards etc., and after everyone forgets how he f***ed up the Brexit vote he'll probably do a bit of speaking for bucks etc.

If I was him I'd have gone immediately... like when he resigned as PM.

Why any ex-PM would want to hang around doing constituency work is beyond me.

Glaucon

Why any ex-PM would want to hang around doing constituency work is beyond me.
That said, if the former PM was truly in it for his constituents, he'd be about as good an advocate as they could have - particularly with his party still in power. But we all know that Dave was always in it for the personal power, and when that went, it's hardly surprising that Dave was on his bike.

Aindriu

No loss. He doesn't need the money anyway.

Mushroom

Razor sharp, Lord Ashcroft :roll:
You'll note that he was so overcome by hilarity at his rapier-like wit that he managed to omit one word from what should have been a ten-word sentence! Club Retard is truly fortunate to have such an intelligent spokesman at its head!

Spanner Island

That said, if the former PM was truly in it for his constituents, he'd be about as good an advocate as they could have - particularly with his party still in power. But we all know that Dave was always in it for the personal power, and when that went, it's hardly surprising that Dave was on his bike.
Ah I dunno... regardless of ambition or motivation etc., I reckon anyone who became PM would view constituency drudgery as something to be avoided after being PM...

Perfectly understandable imo...

It would all be very dull by comparison and definitely a step backwards... particularly for someone still in his/her 40s...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies