"Campaign for Conscience" launch site against David Norris Aras bid

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
The organization called "Campaign for Conscience" have launched a website against David Norris' bid for the Irish Presidency.

The website (http://www.davidnorris4president.com/) focusses on how the Trinity Senator was born "in the Belgian Congo", is homosexual and the website focusses especially on Norris' remarks about "sex with minors" which the site says are "worrying" and refers to a Magill article from 2002 to infer Norris endorses paedophilia.

In an interview with the Magill Magazine in 2002, interviewer Helen Lucy Burke said that she "found some of his views on sexual matters deeply disturbing, notably on sex with minors." During the course of the interview, David said that he "felt there can be something to be said for" classic paedophilia. David clarifies further what he means in the article, which can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/norrisarticle/, but many a reader is left with no other option than to feel that perhaps David Norris views on sex are far more liberal than his or her own.
In a page asking if people should be concerned with a homosexual President the page (which is also referred to on the site as "How David lives") says homosexuality is "Denounced in Scripture", "Is a lifestyle which has particular heath risks (for example AIDS)", "Is a lifestyle which is often associated with sexual promiscuity" and "Is a lifestyle for which there is no genetic evidence".

The Campaign for Conscience group are led by the Burke family which recently protested against the Civil Unions legislation outside Leinster House and Phoenix Park. The organisation are believed to be closely associated with other religious groups including Coir.

neiphin

well david , michael d was my first choice
i think norris will be getting my no 2

spidermom

Its Coir that are scary!!!

gijoe

Just to somewhat confirm the 'classic paedophilla' views in the article he did leap to the defence of Cathal O'Searchaigh in the Senate even though anyone watching that documentary could see that he preyed on teenage boys.

USER1234

Its Coir that are scary!!!
Yeah shocking, an anti gay group opposes a candidate for being gay who would ever have thought it, luckily there so discredited after the lies they told during lisbon treaty run up!!!

He be getting my vote!!!

Odyessus

I predicted on this board that Norris's Magill interview would inevitably be brought up if he decided to run for President. Norris can hardly be surprised.

J

john moriarty

Just to somewhat confirm the 'classic paedophilla' views in the article he did leap to the defence of Cathal O'Searchaigh in the Senate even though anyone watching that documentary could see that he preyed on teenage boys.
He did. However personally,
I like Norris, despite his general
politics - and as someone on here
once remarked, I'd love to be a
fly on the wall should he ever
have to welcome someone like
Admedinejad to Ireland.

gijoe

BTW that site is crashing on me everytime - is it to do with the site or my PC?

Mar Tweedy

Like the pee flynn comment about Mary Robinson, this will do his campaign more good than harm. Keep it up Coir, it's good that they remind us of what a nasty, uncharitable society they want.

bprob

a casual glance at the site would give the impression that it was an official norris site.
of course a deeper glance or checking the links proves otherwise

the way it is presented is perhaps the most sinister aspect of the site, but is typical of COIR

ne0ica

Lets imagine for minute that David Norris was a Fianna Faíl Senator. Can you imagine the jibes here that would be posted by the usual suspects. Treads with titles such 'Ireland laughing stock of Europe, elect Pedo Prez' etc etc. But because he's a Trinity boy and a member of a minority Religion and a friend of Robo he is the darling of the liberal media.

mmbhg

is there a cure for coir or are you born coir? once a coir always a coir. I hope coirs fail to multiple beyond the few small minded YD right wingers that hide behind more fronts than Y fronts in Ireland. Awaiting the misleading poster campaign.

imokyrok

Surely as COIR are such total oiks this will be making him more electable ?
Thats my thought exactly. The more Coir attacks the better for Norris' campaign.

gijoe

I predicted on this board that Norris's Magill interview would inevitably be brought up if he decided to run for President. Norris can hardly be surprised.
This is the bit that will sink him. He argues that there should be no such thing as Statutory rape or an age of consent - 90% of the electorate would beg to differ I reckon.

The right of unfettered sexual activity guided by the principle of mutual consent would be Norris's perception of the way things should be, with a bar only on intimidation, bullying or bribery. He did not appear to endorse any minimum age or endure any protest that a child was not capable of informed consent. "The law in this sphere should take in to account consent rather than age". When I asked about incest, he hesitated, and concluded that in the case of girls a case could be made for a ban, as possible resulting pregnancy might be genetically undesirable...

Ah Well

That's a few more votes garnered for Norris. Well done to the Looney Tunes.

Libero

It's just a bit too much to read Cóir getting themselves in a tizzy over someone who, supposedly, isn't sound on the issue of protecting children from paedophiles.

What has scripture got to say about the Ryan and Murphy Reports?
And whatever did Cóir/Youth Defence have to say about those reports that didn't involve a certain river in Egypt?

ne0ica

Thats my thought exactly. The more Coir attacks the better for Norris' campaign.

And you speak for the whole of Ireland. Has Norris run in any election other than the Senate or outside of Dublin.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies