Campaign to get real experts to negotiate with EU/IMF

SKELLY

We need to get the likes of:

Constantin Gurdgiev
Brian Lucy
Paul Sommerville
Morgan Kelly
Moore McDowell

Experts in their field, into these negotiations NOW.
Or else we could default.
If this is to happen we need to move fast.
Please dont derail this thread as its in all our interests

How do we do this?

kerryind

I agree totally people should march and demand these kinda people talk to the imf not biffo and civil servants who messed things up in the first place.

SKELLY

I agree totally people should march and demand these kinda people talk to the imf not biffo and civil servants who messed things up in the first place.
There is no time to organise a march.
We have at most 2/3 weeks to get these guys in there.

holymoley

they are all experts alright but I'd only want somerville out of those 5 actually brokering a deal and not actually just talking about. Gurguiev mightn't be too bad either but not the other three.

I'd probably add patrick honohan as an expert and a couple of good negotiators too, if five is all we're allowed.

Bertie and Blair anyone!

kerryind

true anyway cowen and co could be made bring these people in on the talks

SKELLY

they are all experts alright but I'd only want somerville out of those 5 actually brokering a deal and not actually just talking about. Gurguiev mightn't be too bad either but not the other three.
Even if we got one in it would give us a fighting chance!

joenitka

No way this curent govenment will allow that to happen.

They would rather go down with the ship than look for outside help.

SKELLY

If we annoy and harass every single TD on both sides of the house we would get them in.

Newsy

lenihan was asked on Cooper about this very thing. From what he said, he isn't a fan of David McWilliams.......

The one he said that he would be open to seeing in his office would be Moore McDowell.

Newsy

Cooper told it to Moore, but he was non-commital.

SKELLY

Yes i heard that.
At least he is open to the idea.

Was never asked about Gurdgiev, Sommerville or Lucey

Legacy

Surprisingly, Brian Lenihan said on Matt Cooper that he would welcome Moore McDowell in and that he should contact him.

Maybe we could follow this up by emailing McDowell and asking him to take up the Ministers offer and contact his Department asap? His email is moore.mcdowell@ucd.ie

I will email him in the morning...

eoghanacht

No way this curent govenment will allow that to happen.

They would rather go down with the ship than look for outside help.
Yeah, but we are going to see it happens. We being the people ofcourse.

kerryind

Moore Mcdowell would be the last one of the names mentioned above id like to see in the talks. Id like to see Constantin Gurdgiev ive listened to him a few times he has hes head screwed on. Biffo and co will not let anybody in. So its likely a mixture of ff and civil servants will talk for the country were all doomed.

Newsy

Yes i heard that.
At least he is open to the idea.

Was never asked about Gurdgiev, Sommerville or Lucey
He was asked about Sommerville, but lenihan, imo totally ignored him.

Nemi_

How do we do this?
By getting the Dail to dissolve, and then convincing the people that you want to drive to the process to form a political party and stand for election, fielding enough candidates nationally to obtain an overall majority.

Then you convince the Irish people to vote for them. For example, in Donegal you convince them that they should vote for Constantin Gurdgiev instead of someone who'll promise to 'deliver' for the constituency.

Because there's no short cut to this. We pick who we want to represent us. If the Irish people generally wanted to be represented by the kind of people you list, then there would be no Healy-Rae, no Lowry, no O'Dea, no O'Snodaigh for that matter, in the Dail.

Can I also say I find it a little disconcerting at how readily Irish people seem to fall into a way of thinking that involves some clever gintleman making all our decisions for us. If the people you list were, in some magical way, instantly made members of our Cabinet they'd need just as much scrutiny as any other Government. And I don't mean that to be a criticism of them in any way. If you and me were in the Cabinet, it would be just the same.

All this seeking after saviours, what's it all about? That airhead Rosanna Davidson reflects this element of national thought when she says I feel relief that the IMF has arrived to take control. I take it that she'd be massively disappointed to find out that the view the IMF have of their job and the view that this former Miss World has of their job are poles apart.

What's more frightening is the number of people who have this same Miss World view of the IMF as the clever gintlemin who, if it pleases your honour, has been sent by Her Majesty to dispense justice among us.

SKELLY

No Nemi, you are taking me up wrong.

Im sorry but i dont need an education in the irish electoral system.

And Lenny was open to the offer of bringing someone in, so your theory is debunked.

These guys will sit outside the room, civil servants will come out and get advice. They will not be representing the people per say.

joenitka

By getting the Dail to dissolve, and then convincing the people that you want to drive to the process to form a political party and stand for election, fielding enough candidates nationally to obtain an overall majority.

Then you convince the Irish people to vote for them. For example, in Donegal you convince them that they should vote for Constantin Gurdgiev instead of someone who'll promise to 'deliver' for the constituency.

Because there's no short cut to this. We pick who we want to represent us. If the Irish people generally wanted to be represented by the kind of people you list, then there would be no Healy-Rae, no Lowry, no O'Dea, no O'Snodaigh for that matter, in the Dail.

Can I also say I find it a little disconcerting at how readily Irish people seem to fall into a way of thinking that involves some clever gintleman making all our decisions for us. If the people you list were, in some magical way, instantly made members of our Cabinet they'd need just as much scrutiny as any other Government. And I don't mean that to be a criticism of them in any way. If you and me were in the Cabinet, it would be just the same.

All this seeking after saviours, what's it all about? That airhead Rosanna Davidson reflects this element of national thought when she says I feel relief that the IMF has arrived to take control. I take it that she'd be massively disappointed to find out that the view the IMF have of their job and the view that this former Miss World has of their job are poles apart.

What's more frightening is the number of people who have this same Miss World view of the IMF as the clever gintlemin who, if it pleases your honour, has been sent by Her Majesty to dispense justice among us.
+1000 we are in dream land to think the jokers in power would allow anyone apart from themselves call the shots.

kerryind

people forget what the imf really do they will be cruelly reminded in the weeks and months ahead. I think peopel want experts to give us hope ff and the buffons in the department of finance have messed up everything they touched.

dublin 40

Im guessing there all non committal, i have to admit ,i went down and stood outside leinster House yesterday afternoon for the first time in my life.There was a few people there with the placcards.But i just got the feeling of pure anger going through me as i taught about what those ************************ebags have done to this country.we need everyone to get outside that place and let them know there destroying this great country.

New Threads

Most Replies