Can I criticize Israel and not be an anti-semite?

Supermanpolitician

When I criticise Palestinians and Israelis in the same sentence, the criticism of Israel gets overlooked and I get called a child murdering yid etc.

In a rational world you can criticise Israel for its failings and its treatment of the Palestinian people. However if you criticise Israel's defence forces without recognising the problems, it might warrant further discussion.

myksav

Yes.

Sync

Is criticizing Israel anti-Semitic? - The Week

Why am I labeled as an anti-semite when I criticize Israel or Israelis.?
Because it's always easier to denigrate your opponent than argue the point with them. It's the same here. People who disagree on Irish issues are immediately called members of "Zanu-FF", people who disagree on the North are either "shinners" or "West brits". Happens to everyone all the time.

That's one of the laziest articles I've ever seen btw. Basically cutting and pasting 5 exampes of other people's work and trying to pass it off as their own opinion.

Aristodemus

In answer to the question let's look at it another way. Anyone putting the case for the headhackers cannot be doing it out of any sense of fair play so the motive must be more base. Anti-semitic would seem to be the answer.

Prester John

You know the answer or you would not ask the question.

I have no idea why muslims disliken USA (sarcasm).

Interista

It's a cheap trick alright, and has the added result of banalising real claims of anti-jewish behaviour.
I agree.

The Zionist zealots have done a great disservice to the Jewish people by making the term anti-semite almost meaningless, since it is thrown at everyone who doesn't think Avigdor Liebermann is the next Nelson Mandela. Because of this, it is likely that manifestations of genuine anti-semitism (which does still exist, though thankfully not nearly as much as the anti-semite industry types would have you beleive) will be ignored in the future. It's a case of the zionist who cried wolf (or should that be ' cried anti-semite')?

Shirley Temple Mount

Anyone putting the case for the headhackers cannot be doing it out of any sense of fair play so the motive must be more base. Anti-semitic would seem to be the answer.
Palestinians are not headhackers. Have you seen the photos of the children whose heads have been blown off by the Israelis? You don't deserve to have a head you are abusing yours so badly.

The OD

Yes.

You'd still be a Nazi though.....;)

(for anyone a little bit dim, this is a JOKE)

soubresauts

Why am I labeled as an anti-semite when I criticize Israel or Israelis.?
I think you want to distinguish between Israel, Israelis, and the Israeli Government. It's the Israeli Government you want to criticize (I presume), unless you want to wipe out the state of Israel, or have something against Israeli citizens...

Israeli governments, for many years now, have been failing to treat Palestinians as human beings. That's where we should direct our criticism.

Admittedly a lot of Israelis have voted in those governments (though typically not a clear majority), but you shouldn't tar them all with the same brush.

So we should criticize the government, and boycott Israeli goods, because some of those goods come from stolen land...

pete2

No.

Beyond_brainwashing

Since most Arabs are true semites, it is those who support Zionism who properly fit the description.

kerdasi amaq

No. Other people can critize Israel and not be considered "anti-semitic", but it doesn't apply to you, no matter how mild the criticism.

This argument applies to everyone who critizes Israel without exeception.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

Yes.
Indeed - but any whiff of criticism of Israeli state action is declared to be Anti-Semitism by Zionists. Don't support murdering Palestinian children ? Why you, you Nazi Anti-Semite you. Indeed

The Zionists and their fellow travellers are perhaps the most intellectually dishonest band in the "Western" world

cYp

mick o

Of course you can criticize ******.After all do we not have free speech.After all only a holocaust denier would criticize ******.

former wesleyan

Criticise away. Just be sure to explain why with all the crap that goes on in the world you pick on Israel. Also explain why the culture you come from and which informs your conscience has historically created the very conditions that have caused the situation in the first place.Also explain if you can why Jews in Palestine had, in 1941, 40,000 men under arms yet didn't lift a finger against their fellow Palestinians until they - the Palestinians - joined forces with the surrounding Arab forces to deny the UN resolution setting up Israel.
If you're going to criticise Israel, hold Palestinian feet to the fire as well.

former wesleyan

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies