• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Can Jesse bodyslam to the White House

mryoungdan

I was very dissappointed that Jesse Ventura did not run and win the senate seat in Minnesota. He won the governorship as an independent and it would have been easy

No Jesse wants the big job.

However he has a problem. He is a conspiracy nut. Unlike Paul, he is big and mean enough to admit it. I would say that he is afraid of nothing human. He is an ex navy seal and pro wrestler and he can intimidate interviewers.

It appears to me as if he is going to take the bull by the horns. As amazing as it is, it appears as if his series will actally hit the TV screens tomorrow night.

He will be examining 13 conspiracy theories in 13 shows.

Needless to say this could be dynamite viewing.

This interview gives the gist of it

Q&A: An Inside Look With Jesse Ventura On Conspiracy - Starpulse Entertainment News

Here he is on Larry King

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9yfMdNC6cQ"]YouTube- Jesse Ventura On Larry King Live Part 1 Of 2 May.11, 2009[/ame]

The Caped Cod

Don't really know too much about him but bythe sound of him I'd love to see Bill O'Reilly tell him to "Shut Up!"

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Its notable that 3 of the actors from the movie Predator have gone into politics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7E0HyyNpAs&feature=related"]YouTube- Predator No time to bleed.....riiiiight[/ame]

Last edited:

Niceguyeddie

I've a lot of time for Jesse Ventura (aside from being a great wrestling commentator, he actually tried to improve the lot of the workers at a time when they were treated like dirt) but he wasn't exactly the most popular Governor Minnesota ever had.

There's also his claim that ""Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers." Can't really see that going down well in the heartland...

The Caped Cod

I've a lot of time for Jesse Ventura (aside from being a great wrestling commentator, he actually tried to improve the lot of the workers at a time when they were treated like dirt) but he wasn't exactly the most popular Governor Minnesota ever had.

There's also his claim that ""Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers." Can't really see that going down well in the heartland...
He's clearly a nut job.

dmc444

Apparently he was a populat Governor in Minnesota.

I think we will just have to content ourselves with Linda McMahon (Wife of Vince McMahon) running for the senate in 2010.

mryoungdan

This is what akrasia was on about. Ye are weird...
Maybe we are, but not as weird as lads who thought Obama was going to bring the troops home or who thought Bush was inspired by God.

You also have 23000 weird people in Offally not to mention 29% of the electorate who believe Enda Kenny is a reincarnation of Michael Collins or a financial whiz or superman.

Some people think Gilmore, who never even had a job in his life himself is gonna get a job for everybody.

But who is more weird than poor Akrasia.

2 unfortunate people lost their lives because of ice last night and his chief worry is that Ireland is turning into a desert.

So weird

mryoungdan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-A0rMvCraw&feature="]YouTube- Jesse Ventura Explains What A September 11TH Conspiracy Is To Larry King[/ame]

This is Jesse on LK last night.

The first show is about HAARP and there are 7 not 13 shows

hiding behind a poster

He's also an idiot - and after the disaster of electing Dubya, it'll be a while before the American people are fooled by another of those.

imokyrok

He's also an idiot - and after the disaster of electing Dubya, it'll be a while before the American people are fooled by another of those.
Never heard of the guy. But he can't be a total idiot if he's figured out "Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers." The "weakminded" is a bit harsh - but only a bit. ;) I think there's only one "out" atheist in congress - Californian Pete Stark - so I don't fancy Jesses chances.

ManfredJudge

The polls at the time of his election had him on 34% and the others on 33% and journalists being journalists interpreted this as meaning the Democrat was on 36% because of the 3% margin of error and he would have been following in his parents'footsteps.
Over analysis can go too far sometimes.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
The polls at the time of his election had him on 34% and the others on 33% and journalists being journalists interpreted this as meaning the Democrat was on 36% because of the 3% margin of error and he would have been following in his parents'footsteps.
Over analysis can go too far sometimes.

Some context there would help. He has a new season of 'Conspiracy Theory' out. I must download it off utorrent.

ManfredJudge

Context added

In 1997 a journalist sold Labour, Conservatives, and Liberal Democrats with a spread betting firm and he was asked was he expecting anyone to win the election.:) The spread firms made a mistake of pricing an English election whereas a UK election was taking place.:pThose 18 seats in Northern Ireland added to Plaid Cymru and Scottish Nationalist wins were so profitable. It is not often bookies misprice things.

Jesse Ventura polled 35% and of course there was a margin of error of 3% which meant that the "real" politician with the "real political" background was going to win the election as he "really" was on 36%. This is almost a quote as it was explained to the presenter that there is a margin of error and of course that meant that a mere excellent public speaker's percentage was overstated and that the 33% for the Democrat was really 36%. Jesse Ventura got 36.99% Republican Norm Coleman 34.29% and Democrat Hubert Humphrey 28.09%.

When Jesse Ventura was elected it was discovered that a plurality did not vote for him. 62% were against him:evil: so a proposal was made of adopting weighted votes. Your favourite candidate would receive 3 points if you gave him Number 1 and your second favourite 2 points for second choice.

But that is just like PR STV but more complicated you say and you are correct. An American contributor asked for transfers to be explained on another thread and I could not find the article in Scientific American:-( which explained why first past the post does not work which is a major problem when the guy you do not want to get elected gets elected.

Labour are going to get 57 seats in the next election which will mean a return of 1.23 seats for every candidate run in the last election. As of earlier discussion on Jerry Cowley joining Labour in Mayo and we get we do not want this ex-FF bogger in our party. A good opinion poll showing which was not taken in Mayo about the Mayo constituency and he is going to win a seat. Can countrywide polls be used to predict individual constituencies? Ex-PD Mae Sexton stands elsewhere. Frank McBrearty stood in DSW and did not get elected.

Polls are only as good as their design and interpretation.

I would like to have pointed out that the misinterpretation towards the Democrat candidate was done by RTÉ and that proves that their license fee is a waste of money but I cannot as it was not them

Tiocfaidh_Armani

People should look at his Youtube videos of him on Fox News, absolute class.

CanRonPaulSavetheUS

Popular Threads

Most Replies