• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Can modern Islam ever align with Irish human rights ?

A Voice

Yeah, the worst thing religion did in Ireland was argue about marraige
As previously stated, breaches against its own codes are different to abuses committed in the name of Islam with Islamic authorisation.
Take a world tour and have a look at what's on the statute books if you're having trouble with this.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Another distraction attempt. And the crimes you refer to contravene that church's own codes.
More worrying is the religion that judicially authorises executions of homosexuals or mandates or the devaluing of a woman's testimony in court. Which would be on topic, as you know.
If you regard the events around the catholic church's corporate cover-up attempts on probably the world's greatest concentration of paedophiles in a privately run organisation as a mere 'distraction' then you really are missing a very large point.

A Voice

If you regard the events around the catholic church's corporate cover-up attempts on probably the world's greatest concentration of paedophiles in a privately run organisation as a mere 'distraction' then you really are missing a very large point.
On this thread, any reference to that is a distraction. Check the OP.
Amazing how you won't talk about the reduced value of a woman's testimony, or execution of homosexuals, or wife-beating etc. These are things that they stand over; your cover-ups are a breach of the organisation's own codes.
I assume you can actually think enough to get the difference; you just want to run interference for Islam.

Pyewacket

The Islamic concept of "human rights", that is, what a human being may claim by law or the fact of their humanity alone, as an inalienable entitlement, is of subjection to the dictates of the Koran, interpreted by Imams and Mullahs, and applying only to the community of the faithful or the Umma.

It is so incompatible with any modern rights doctrine as to make it impossible to reconcile Sharia with other non-theologically based legal systems or their jurisprudential underpinnings.

Half Nelson

I would suggest people go to visit a Mosque to find out about Islam, you will find a kind, generous community. Don't rely on the media and people with a hate agenda.

I have much respect how the Islamic community supports each other in Europe.

They also have more respect for Christianity then many Europeans.
Indeed. From the horse's mouth.
Such tolerance!

DigiShar

Is there complete compatibility-NO. But that’s the beauty of a diverse society, groups work together to change the country to reflect present realities.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Is there complete compatibility-NO. But that’s the beauty of a diverse society, groups work together to change the country to reflect present realities.
This statement is not coherent. Can you try again please?

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
How about an entire country and culture? If you aren't au fait with the tradition of Bacha bazi it behooves anyone concerned about child abuse to become so. Here's the documentary.

Emily Davison

I would suggest people go to visit a Mosque to find out about Islam, you will find a kind, generous community. Don't rely on the media and people with a hate agenda.

I have much respect how the Islamic community supports each other in Europe.

They also have more respect for Christianity then many Europeans.
Mosques practice separation of the sexes. And generally the space allocated to women is vastly inferior. So I don’t consider that respectful to women.

toughbutfair

The left support a religion that hates gays and tells women to shut up and hide their slut faces.

toughbutfair

Religion is superstition but there is hope for Christianity as Jesus was a pacifist. No hope for Islam as Muhammad was a killer.

silverharp

muslims seem to be proudly asserting that they dont care about western values of tolerance as seen in uk and france, coming here soon no doubt

Emily Davison

Wear the hijab, Emily. You'll get used to it.
Irish women threw off the headscarves and segregation in the Catholic Church decades ago, we won’t be substiting that awfulness for another. The clip above demonstrates some brave modern Imans. That’s to be supported.

Golah veNekhar

"Basically in materialist countries, the main injustice is happening to women. They believe that in all areas you should look at a woman as a commodity and a woman is only a means to entertain men."- Marzieh Hashemi (I admire that woman so much, she is a really inspiring person of quality).

Emily Davison

I see Pakistani women are marching for equality in one of the very worst misogynistic societies in the world.

Interestingly ‘My Body, My Choice’ comes in to it as regards what women can or cannot wear. Or how they can or can not sit.

AyaanMyHero

I see Pakistani women are marching for equality in one of the very worst misogynistic societies in the world.

Interestingly ‘My Body, My Choice’ comes in to it as regards what women can or cannot wear. Or how they can or can not sit.

These women in the linked article are exhibiting incredible bravery. The media in the west should shine more light on these freedom fighters. It could help protect them. It could help the west understand our problems are a drop in the ocean.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies