Can Ronan O'Bramovich sue the State? Could he actually win if he did?

vanla sighs

Is it really a possibility that he would or is it just sabre rattling? Where would he sue the State, in the Irish courts I guess? Could he really expect to win in the Irish courts? If he did win, what would it mean for the State? Thanks.

JCR

Well at least there might be a mass protest at last, purely because thousands could protest at something and see a match and have a few pints too..

firefly123

I guess now would be the wrong time to invest in a job lot of chelsea jerseys then?

Anorakphobia

13% coupon and this wretch expects triple AAA guarntee on his capital.
Fair play to him and his people for seeing what total mugs we were.

Still, not paying Russsian oligarchs their money back is probably never a good idea.
Imagine Lenihan ringing some poor sod in DOF "ah Padraig you wouldn't mind ringing Mister Abramovich's people we won't be repaying him"

Grumpy Jack

13% coupon and this wretch expects triple AAA guarntee on his capital.
Fair play to him and his people for seeing what total mugs we were.

Still, not paying Russsian oligarchs their money back is probably never a good idea.
Imagine Lenihan ringing some poor sod in DOF "ah Padraig you wouldn't mind ringing Mister Abramovich's people we won't be repaying him"
Lenny might have to think twice about slashing the number of lads down in the Curragh - just in case a few Russians come over for a visit.

I hope he didn't watch Spooks the other night - those Ruskies don't believe in taking prisoners...

CarnivalOfAction

Lenny might have to think twice about slashing the number of lads down in the Curragh - just in case a few Russians come over for a visit.

I hope he didn't watch Spooks the other night - those Ruskies don't believe in taking prisoners...
It's not our debt FFS; let the Ruskies go after FFingers & his pals from the Galway tint.

bokonon

those Ruskies don't believe in taking prisoners...
There's a story about the Soviets' response to the 1985 Lebanese Hostage Crisis that often goes like this:
In 1985, when terrorists took over the Soviet embassy in Beirut, a Spetsnaz strike team infiltrated the embassy, abducted four of the terrorists and sent one of their decapitated heads in a bag to the terrorists' leader.[1] The three living Russian hostages were immediately released.

No more Soviet citizens were kidnapped in Lebanon, even though dozens of Americans, Frenchmen, Britons and others were held - including Brian Keenan, John McCarthy and Terry Waite - in some cases for six or seven years.[2]

[1] From Russia 'with love': Russia's President Putin declares war on jihadists after Moscow's diplomats are kidnapped and killed in Iraq | Middle East, The | Find Articles at BNET
[2] Spetsnaz
Alternative accounts say that the Russians counter-kidnapped family members of the Islamist abductors, sometimes they cut off fingers, sometimes ears. One rendition even tells of an impalement on a meat-hook.

Stratfor sums up the action:
If the story is true, it suggests that, in addition to a certain degree of operational audacity, KGB agents had unusually good human intelligence available, at least for that operation.

Victor Meldrew

this is one case where having SF in a coalition might be handy...

deiseguy

I'd be more worried about some of the lads he knows back in Moscow if I was Biffo and Lenny...

Or his 40-strong 'private army' - some of whom have Hereford connections.

Battle of the oligarchs... the amazing showdown between Roman Abramovich and his arch rival | Mail Online
I was actually wondering why we're not doing the opposite. Why aren't some of the bastards that are trying to destroy our country in the name of market forces receiving nocturnal visits from small squads of rangers. The purpose of the first visit being to point out to these masters of the universe that they are in fact touchable and to warn them that there will be no third visit. If the yanks can do the whole extra ordinary rendition thing on the flimsiest of pretexts the we can for damn sure make an example of one or two of these bastards who are determined to wreck our economy and our country purely for profit.

Catalpa

Is it really a possibility that he would or is it just sabre rattling? Where would he sue the State, in the Irish courts I guess? Could he really expect to win in the Irish courts? If he did win, what would it mean for the State? Thanks.
Maybe we could invite him over here and hand him over Vladimir Putin!:D

We could do a really good Oil & Gas deal with Moscow and they can have him back!:)

myksav

What exactly is this thread about?

Cruffan

O'Bramovich v Abramovich

I was wondering could Irish citizen Ronan O'Bramovich sue the State for taking responsibility for paying Roman Abramovich full face value for his Bonds?

New Threads

Most Replies