• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Can someone in Killarney ask Niall Collins for answer on Garda Station closures

williewatch

I saw a Fianna Fail tweet earlier saying:

"Spokesperson on Justice @NiallCollinsTD will be on @radiokerry after 10am re Public Crime Meeting in Killarney tonight"

Killarney seems to the latest venue for the Collins law & order publicity circus.

Perhaps somebody could ask this Fianna Fail Princeling if Fianna Fail are promising to reopen the closed Garda stations if they are returned to power?..... as I saw this claim on twitter a while back

As you can see collins was asked to confirm this but I don't recall seeing a reply from him.

Anybody going to the meeting....if so perhaps they could ask Collins in person and report back?

mayoonmymind

"Spokesperson on Justice @NiallCollinsTD will be on @radiokerry after 10am re Public Crime Meeting in Killarney tonight"

Killarney seems to the latest venue for the Collins law & order publicity circus.

Perhaps somebody could ask this Fianna Fail Princeling if Fianna Fail are promising to reopen the closed Garda stations if they are returned to power?..... as I saw this on twitter a while back

As you can see collins was asked to confirm this but I don't recall seeing a reply from him.

Anybody going to the meeting....if so perhaps they could ask Collins in person and report back?[/QUOTE

mayoonmymind : Ah, leave the poor lad alone. Don't you know he has difficulty in forming his sentences.
He is working on his English and SOMEDAY he will be ALMOST as fluent as the Poles, the Romanians and the other foreigners in our country. By then, he'll have learned to waffle in FF speak. I understand, Wee Willie is giving him pointers.
BUT, I'd say it will take SOME time.

NewGoldDream

Website
-

Perhaps somebody could ask this Fianna Fail Princeling if Fianna Fail are promising to reopen the closed Garda stations if they are returned to power?..... as I saw this on twitter a while back

Anybody going to the meeting....if so perhaps they could ask Collins in person and report back?[/QUOTE

mayoonmymind : Ah, leave the poor lad alone. Don't you know he has difficulty in forming his sentences.
He is working on his English and SOMEDAY he will be ALMOST as fluent as the Poles, the Romanians and the other foreigners in our country. By then, he'll have learned to waffle in FF speak. I understand, Wee Willie is giving him pointers.
BUT, I'd say it will take SOME time.
Not sure about your point that he has difficulty with his English.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Not sure? That implies you're not sure about his English.
Try it again.

I said I am not sure about the validity of the claim made, that he has difficulty with English.

It was an odd post, something about Poles and foreigners. Am I missing some reference, some comment he made against migrants or their standard of English?

grassroots

The implication about his English is a slur. However, the question is a good one. FF are against the policy they were for when they were in govt. if they get back into govt, what policy are they going implement?

Same question on property tax- wrong tax wrong time is the mantra. Does that imply that they will a) repeal current tax & replace with welfare cuts and tax increases b) replace property tax with another property tax c) decide that when they get back that now is the right time?

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Oh I am suuuuuuuuuuuuure it's FF policy to reopen every single station.

If they are not reopening every single station, I demand answers cos some guy said something on Twitter and some other guy took this to mean a policy to reopen every station, and policy should be decided by reaction to tweets.

grassroots

Collins is not the worst offender. Tribune of the People Winston Ross is demanding the return of Sandyford which is in the Dublin South gangland triangle and more than 5 minutes drive from Dundrum. For some reason, there were over 30 Gardai stationed there .

BrightDay

The implication about his English is a slur. However, the question is a good one. FF are against the policy they were for when they were in govt. if they get back into govt, what policy are they going implement?

Same question on property tax- wrong tax wrong time is the mantra. Does that imply that they will a) repeal current tax & replace with welfare cuts and tax increases b) replace property tax with another property tax c) decide that when they get back that now is the right time?
They could do a Labour on it - promise everything and do nothing.

williewatch

I demand answers cos some guy said something on Twitter and some other guy took this to mean a policy to reopen every station, and policy should be decided by reaction to tweets.
It would cost Niall Collins absolutely nothing to take a minute to give a simple yes/no reply.

I don't see why he has not done so.

Perhaps Niall Collins simply doesn't like to answer questions. For instance he recently, according to the Irish Examiner, refused to answer their questions on penalty points.

Niall Collins and Willie O'Dea celebrate their election having escaped from being held accountable for what the last FF government did to us

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I think we can all safely say no, it is not FF policy to reopen every single station closed by this Government. I doubt any party would have such a policy. Clearly some station closures were correct and justified.

williewatch

I think we can all safely say no, it is not FF policy to reopen every single station closed by this Government. I doubt any party would have such a policy. Clearly some station closures were correct and justified.
So how many or which ones would FF reopen?.....you don't need to be too precise as a rough idea would do.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
So how many or which ones would FF reopen?.....you don't need to be too precise as a rough idea would do.
I think in fairness before start analysing others, you should set out your party's position stall first. It's only fair.

How many and which ones exactly does SF propose to reopen, and what are its policies?

It would be interesting, given it's uneasy relationship with law and order and the volte-face on that front in recent years.

D

Deleted member 17573

I think in fairness before start analysing others, you should set out your party's position stall first. It's only fair.

How many and which ones exactly does SF propose to reopen, and what are its policies?

It would be interesting, given it's uneasy relationship with law and order and the volte-face on that front in recent years.
I always thought the Shinners would be happy to see all Garda stations closed!

carlovian

Nice deflection.

So FFs policy is ???????????

NewGoldDream

Website
-
Nice deflection.

So FFs policy is ???????????
Ha ha!

It is deflection to point out to someone in a party that plays very fast and lose when it comes to concern for the Gardai that their...we'll call it "new found interest"...jars a little, and the very least they can do is set out their own stall?

Fair enough. As for your query, write to FF HQ, they'll give you some press release or other I'm sure.

carlovian

Ha ha!

It is deflection to point out to someone in a party that plays very fast and lose when it comes to concern for the Gardai that their...we'll call it "new found interest"...jars a little, and the very least they can do is set out their own stall?

Fair enough. As for your query, write to FF HQ, they'll give you some press release or other I'm sure.
The thread is about Niall Collins of FF promising to reopen garda stations.

A thread on SF attitude to garda stations could be very informative all right but
this thread is about Collins and his promises.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
The thread is about Niall Collins of FF promising to reopen garda stations.

A thread on SF attitude to garda stations could be very informative all right but
this thread is about Collins and his promises.
Huh?

No it is not about Collins and his promises at all. In fact, I don't think the thread contains one promise or direct quote from him.

What it is about is a tweet from someone claiming he indicated FF would reopen unspecified stations, which then morphed into someone posing a question about every single station, which now seems to be used as a stick to beat Collins on the basis of "promises"!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies