• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Can we all please stop shopping at Mace

jtbooker

I've just seen an advert with that Sindo hack & King of the FF Lackeys Brendan O' Connor.

Dublin Opinion Blog Archive BRENDAN O’CONNOR AND IRISH PROPERTY: COCKS, BALLS AND CHUNKS

Come on people, vote with your feet&wallets on this one. If you have to go there then at least consider buying one less item. These people have to know that FF gombeenism in all its forms will no longer be tolerated.

"O’Connor will feature in three commercials. The first of them – ‘Smile’ – is focused on the idea that a positive shopping experience at a Mace store can make even him smile. The commercials series was produced by Paul Holmes of Red Rage Productions and directed by Brian Durnin."

Paul and Brian you must be so proud...

Last edited:

CookieMonster

Local business use well know celebrity face to advertise and you want to punish them and risk jobs because of something that celebrity said about the economy?

Can we boycott people who call for boycotts of things for stupid reasons?

charley

I think they will drop the advert as anyone I know says "not that hateful B****** again" and don't notice what the ad is for.

CookieMonster

You don't know what boycott means do you? If you think you do then you're doing it wrong!
I'm sorry I can't respond as I am boycotting you.

TommyO'Brien

Local business use well know celebrity face to advertise and you want to punish them and risk jobs because of something that celebrity said about the economy?

Can we boycott people who call for boycotts of things for stupid reasons?
+1

firefly123

Glad Im not the only one who reaches frantically for the remote when his gurning face tells me to shop at mace (hey that rhymes!)
Duely boycotted (unless Im gumming for some lucozade or something)

The OD

I've just seen an advert with that Sindo hack & King of the FF Lackeys Brendan O' Connor.

Dublin Opinion Blog Archive BRENDAN O’CONNOR AND IRISH PROPERTY: COCKS, BALLS AND CHUNKS

Come on people, vote with your feet&wallets on this one. If you have to go there then at least consider buying one less item. These people have to know that FF gombeenism in all its forms will no longer be tolerated.

"O’Connor will feature in three commercials. The first of them – ‘Smile’ – is focused on the idea that a positive shopping experience at a Mace store can make even him smile. The commercials series was produced by Paul Holmes of Red Rage Productions and directed by Brian Durnin."

Paul and Brian you must be so proud...
He's annoying alright, but he has hardly boarded a ship in international waters and shot 9 people, has he?

Mar Tweedy

Those ads put me off shopping in Mace too!

Rather than boycotting, which is unfairly victimising Mace staff, why not complain to them about using Brendan O'Connor in their ads:

Contact

Seumas Robinson
Business Development Manager, MACE Group,
BWG Foods, Greenhills Road
Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Tel: 086 1744520
Email: srobinson@mace.ie

Kevin Cronin
Business Development Manager, MACE Group
BWG Foods, Harbour Point Business Park,
Little Island, Cork
Tel: 086 1731023
Email: kcronin@mace.ie

John Tully
Regional Manager – North
Tel: 086 8189312
Email: jtully@bwg.ie

Liam Attridge
Regional Manager – South
Tel: 086 8521362
Email: lattridge@bwg.ie

Mar Tweedy

I think the article he wrote on sunday about his baby was very poignant and sad. I wish BOC well.
Don't get the SI so missed that - what was it that was so poignant and sad? I would of course feel sorry for anything wrong there.

Forgiving Mace for their travesty of an ad campaign is a different matter.

CookieMonster

There hasn't been a dacent boycott thread here since Banshee left.
Did she leave because the screws used in the floor on which the p.ie servers are placed were sold to the builder by a guy who once went to Israel on his holidays?

captainwillard

Don't get the SI so missed that - what was it that was so poignant and sad? I would of course feel sorry for anything wrong there.

Forgiving Mace for their travesty of an ad campaign is a different matter.
His newborn baby is downs syndrome. He and his wife are naturally devastated by this and he wrote a very long article about the topic.

fonzie

You don't know what boycott means do you? If you think you do then you're doing it wrong!

And how glib is that statement..."something that celebrity said about the economy"...

Something that celebrity said REPEATEDLY about the economy, fawning relationship to FF etc. but if you need me to explain that to you then you're probably best boycotting this thread...
O'Connor has already been paid for those ads....

you boycott will only effect the jobs and livelihood of workers in Mace (not to mention their suppliers)

i dislike seeing his stupid mug on the tv as much as you - suggest you write a letter to Mace in complaint to express your disgust. This is a case where you should act by doing something as opposed to not doing something

But if you are going to apply your energy to something, maybe it could be to something that actually matters and might in fact affect some sort of real change in your local community or the wider world in general

GDPR

What a shower of jumped up little fascists you lot are.

Maybe you all should send a list to business organisations of approved celebrities you'll allow their members to use in advertising.

Would you ever stand back and have a good look at yourselves, ************************************g idiots.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies