Can we drop the pretence that Fianna Fáil is a Republican Party?

SuirView

Yeah, since 69. Just an opinion...of a judge and stalwart of the party from Blaney country...you're running away again. Surely you can do better than deflect to hairy adams? I'd almost swear you were in SF given the amount of times you bring them up. Don't run away...

Haha​
HaHa,
You never answered the 50 years FF membership,
You replied but didn't answer again!

MacBride and his family has given great service to FF.
I enjoyed his piece about standing up to the dissident IRA, fuel smugglers, criminals and drug dealers during his time as District Judge in the Cavan/Monaghan area.
I wonder did he ever come across the Slab Murphy?

RelentlessApathy!

ɐɥɐH​

HaHa,
You never answered the 50 years FF membership,
You replied but didn't answer again!
Since 69, why is it relevant?

MacBride and his family has given great service to FF.
I enjoyed his piece about standing up to the dissident IRA, fuel smugglers, criminals and drug dealers during his time as District Judge in the Cavan/Monaghan area.
I wonder did he ever come across the Slab Murphy?
Maybe he did meet slab, why would I care, I'm not in the market for diesel or cattle.

You're still running away from his larger points about FF no longer being republican...in fact not only are you running away, but you're desperately desperately trying to work around those points made by Judge McBride.

Why are you running so fast? Come on Suir...surely now that you yourself are up against the point, you're not going to run away like you accuse everyone else of doing?

SuirView

ɐɥɐH​

Since 69, why is it relevant?

Maybe he did meet slab, why would I care, I'm not in the market for diesel or cattle.

You're still running away from his larger points about FF no longer being republican...in fact not only are you running away, but you're desperately desperately trying to work around those points made by Judge McBride.

Why are you running so fast? Come on Suir...surely now that you yourself are up against the point, you're not going to run away like you accuse everyone else of doing?
HaHa,
You stated that MacBride was a FF member for over 50 years.
Just because he joined in 69 doesn't make him a member since!
You understand this, don't you?

You're fascinated about a retired judge that resigned from FF because he believes they have different views than him!
Do you agree with him?

He makes an interesting opinion regarding the 2016 general election.
MacBride believes that FF should have formed a left of centre government with SF, Labour and others.
What he's forgetting is that SF back then wouldn't enter government in the 26 under Adams!

MacBride seems to have forgotten that Adams was SF leader for nearly 35 years and never once held talks regarding forming a government in the 26!
Do you agree with Adams or MacBride on this?
Thanks.

RelentlessApathy!

Haha
HaHa,
You stated that MacBride was a FF member for over 50 years.
Just because he joined in 69 doesn't make him a member since!
You understand this, don't you?

You're fascinated about a retired judge that resigned from FF because he believes they have different views than him!
Do you agree with him?

He makes an interesting opinion regarding the 2016 general election.
MacBride believes that FF should have formed a left of centre government with SF, Labour and others.
What he's forgetting is that SF back then wouldn't enter government in the 26 under Adams!

MacBride seems to have forgotten that Adams was SF leader for nearly 35 years and never once held talks regarding forming a government in the 26!
Do you agree with Adams or MacBride on this?
Thanks.
You're obsessed with Adams...why? Bit strange given he isn't a TD anymore...🤔

I agree with you though, SF precluded themselves from Government the last time but McBride's point is that FF didn't even try. Choosing to be non-partners propping up a right wing FG government instead.

But let's put it another way, given McBride's criticisms...what can you do to convince me that FF is still a Republican party and that McBride is wrong? I'm old enough to remember when FF were worker friendly enough to hold sway both in poorer urban areas and poorer rural communities...why is it no longer the case? How do FF advance a Republican vision for this country when voting with FG against workers rights?

SuirView

Haha

I agree with you though, SF precluded themselves from Government the last time but McBride's point is that FF didn't even try. Choosing to be non-partners propping up a right wing FG government instead.

But let's put it another way, given McBride's criticisms...what can you do to convince me that FF is still a Republican party and that McBride is wrong? I'm old enough to remember when FF were worker friendly enough to hold sway both in poorer urban areas and poorer rural communities...why is it no longer the case? How do FF advance a Republican vision for this country when voting with FG against workers rights?
HaHa,
Your earlier claim about MacBride being a FF member for over 50 years has not been addressed by you!
Who's running away now?
No shame.

You agreed with me that "SF precluded themselves from Government the last time".
Adams was the leader back then, remember?
Mary Lou agreed with Adam's stance in 2016!
Did you?
He was leader for nearly 35 years and never once held talks regarding forming a government in the 26!
You and MacBride ignore this!
Why do you ignore this fact?

Finally,
You posted about "a Republican vision".
Would Mary Lou keep losing that if she formed a government with FF and/ or FG?
She wanted to, remember?
You agree with her stance?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Honest to God SV... do you have reading or comprehension difficulties?

You've now asked about 5 times where Mc Bride said he was a member of FF for fifty years..

In the bloody article. I linked to it, and others linked to it.

He joined FF in 1969 and left when he became a judge in 2019

50 years

RelentlessApathy!

HaHa,
Your earlier claim about MacBride being a FF member for over 50 years has not been addressed by you!
Who's running away now?
No shame.

You agreed with me that "SF precluded themselves from Government the last time".
Adams was the leader back then, remember?
Mary Lou agreed with Adam's stance in 2016!
Did you?
He was leader for nearly 35 years and never once held talks regarding forming a government in the 26!
You and MacBride ignore this!
Why do you ignore this fact?

Finally,
You posted about "a Republican vision".
Would Mary Lou keep losing that if she formed a government with FF and/ or FG?
She wanted to, remember?
You agree with her stance?
Ⓗⓐⓗⓐ
That's a lot of words for running away. I asked you to put your argument to me, you couldn't...why? You ran away again.

SuirView

You've now asked about 5 times where Mc Bride said he was a member of FF for fifty years..

50 years
HaHa,
Untrue.
Read it again.

SuirView

50 years
HaHa,
Imagine that RelentlessApthy gave your post a like!
Fancy that!
Thanks folks.

SuirView

Ⓗⓐⓗⓐ
That's a lot of words for running away. I asked you to put your argument to me, you couldn't...why? You ran away again.

HaHa,
Get your own story straight!
You linked a post and couldn't back it up!
How many times do ye need to answer what you quoted?
You got caught by me.
You know when MacBride retired as Judge?
Stop digging!

RelentlessApathy!

HaHa,
Imagine that RelentlessApthy gave your post a like!
Fancy that!
Thanks folks.
I've given you a few likes in my time too 🤭

HaHa,
Get your own story straight!
You linked a post and couldn't back it up!
How many times do ye need to answer what you quoted?
You got caught by me.
You know when MacBride retired as Judge?
Stop digging!
Again you're running way, come on, you accuse others of running away, but instead you desperately deflect and circle around the point! 🙃

I asked you:
Go'wan! Don't run away!

This is fun! Haha!

SuirView

I've given you a few likes in my time too 🤭

Again you're running way, come on, you accuse others of running away, but instead you desperately deflect and circle around the point! 🙃

I asked you:

Go'wan! Don't run away!

This is fun! Haha!
HaHa,
You still haven't corrected the over 50 years membership yet,
And you linked the post about MacBride!
I told you to stop digging.

You refuse to accept that Adams refused in 2016 to even enter talks regarding forming a government in the 26.
The then deputy leader Mary Lou agreed with him!
Why do you not accept this fact?
Did you agree with them?
The same issue is also lost on MacBride.

RelentlessApathy!

HaHa,
You still haven't corrected the over 50 years membership yet,
And you linked the post about MacBride!
I told you to stop digging.
Haha this is fun, because you can't seem to make a point about it yourself, it's effective irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You think you can use it to run away...you can't :cool:

Haha, this is indeed fun isn't it!

You refuse to accept that Adams refused in 2016 to even enter talks regarding forming a government in the 26.
The then deputy leader Mary Lou agreed with him!
Why do you not accept this fact?
Did you agree with them?
The same issue is also lost on MacBride.
Didn't I?

Were you lying...tho to be fair...I wouldn't accuse you of that as that's part of the your own hypocrisy throwing it out at others. Here we have you cornered using your own tactics...it's not so nice is it 🤭

Which reminds me, my question isn't going away, you can run away all you want...I'll be here waiting for you 🙃

C'mon Suir, politics is about what people believe in...I don't know what if anything you and FF seem to believe in any more and you're doing a woeful job convincing anyone that there's even a scintilla of idealism left in FF.

Stop running away, face what you've become.​

SuirView

Haha this is fun, because you can't seem to make a point about it yourself, it's effective irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You think you can use it to run away...you can't :cool:

Haha, this is indeed fun isn't it!

Didn't I?

Were you lying...tho to be fair...I wouldn't accuse you of that as that's part of the your own hypocrisy throwing it out at others. Here we have you cornered using your own tactics...it's not so nice is it 🤭

Which reminds me, my question isn't going away, you can run away all you want...I'll be here waiting for you 🙃

C'mon Suir, politics is about what people believe in...I don't know what if anything you and FF seem to believe in any more and you're doing a woeful job convincing anyone that there's even a scintilla of idealism left in FF.

Stop running away, face what you've become.​
HaHa,
You're ashamed to admit that you were wrong regarding MacBride being a FF member for over 50 years!
Why?
You first brought it up at 1.23 am yesterday,
Yesterday at 1.23am!

Well done,
You did acknowledge that Adams wouldn't take part in talks back in 2016 regarding forming a government in the 26.
That weakens the MacBride argument regarding a government consisting of FF, SF, Labour and others back in 2016!
The then SF deputy leader Mary Lou agreed with Adams.
Do you agree with their stance?
I think I asked you this before?

Finally,
You posted that politics is what people believe in.
I believe that in order for any party to get things done,
It needs to be in government.
FF have had eight Leaders, each one went on to become Taoiseach!
Some strike rate, 100%!
Read it and weep.
Thanks.

RelentlessApathy!

HaHa,
You're ashamed to admit that you were wrong regarding MacBride being a FF member for over 50 years!
Why?
You first brought it up at 1.23 am yesterday,
Yesterday at 1.23am!

Well done,
You did acknowledge that Adams wouldn't take part in talks back in 2016 regarding forming a government in the 26.
That weakens the MacBride argument regarding a government consisting of FF, SF, Labour and others back in 2016!
The then SF deputy leader Mary Lou agreed with Adams.
Do you agree with their stance?
I think I asked you this before?

Finally,
You posted that politics is what people believe in.
Some strike rate, 100%!
Read it and weep.
Thanks.
Is this you right now? :)

1596225086879.png

Haha, it's like the weirdest wildest Enid Blyton adventure with you ever! 🤣 How do I get off this crazy train, should I wait and post again at 1:23am as the comet Neowise passes the Kyper belt...will that align the planets so that Mary Lou and Gerry will leave your head...fk man...I don't know! 😂

McBride's argument is that MM failed to lead FF in a traditionally Republican left leaning direction by failing to even attempt to create an alternative to the FG minority that was impressed upon a suffering country. I don't see how anyone other than Michaél Martin is responsible for what Michaél Martin does...it's called leadership.

Some strike rate, 100%!
Read it and weep.
Thanks.
If that's what you believe, why even bother defending FF's lack of Republicanism? You stand for nothing in any case.

See, that wasn't too hard now was it.

SuirView

Is this you right now? :)

View attachment 26803

Haha, it's like the weirdest wildest Enid Blyton adventure with you ever! 🤣 How do I get off this crazy train, should I wait and post again at 1:23am as the comet Neowise passes the Kyper belt...will that align the planets so that Mary Lou and Gerry will leave your head...fk man...I don't know! 😂

McBride's argument is that MM failed to lead FF in a traditionally Republican left leaning direction by failing to even attempt to create an alternative to the FG minority that was impressed upon a suffering country. I don't see how anyone other than Michaél Martin is responsible for what Michaél Martin does...it's called leadership.

If that's what you believe, why even bother defending FF's lack of Republicanism? You stand for nothing in any case.

See, that wasn't too hard now was it.
HaHa,
It took you two and a half hours to find that picture!
Are you ok now?

You still haven't sorted out your 1.23am post from yesterday!
It's nearly 44 hours ago now!
You're nickname definitely isn't speedy, is it?

"MacBride's argument" doesn't add up as you already know because ex SF leader Adams wouldn't do what he didn't do for nearly 35 years!
You know, hold talks regarding forming a government in the 26!
What a guy.
Mary Lou was deputy leader in 2016 and she agreed with Adams!
Do you agree with the SF stance in 2016?

You posted earlier that "politics is what people believe in".
I explained about FF's history of having each leader serve as Taoiseach.
Do you believe in SF?
Do you agree with their failure to hold government formation talks?

RelentlessApathy!

HaHa,
It took you two and a half hours to find that picture!
Are you ok now?

You still haven't sorted out your 1.23am post from yesterday!
It's nearly 44 hours ago now!
You're nickname definitely isn't speedy, is it?

"MacBride's argument" doesn't add up as you already know because ex SF leader Adams wouldn't do what he didn't do for nearly 35 years!
You know, hold talks regarding forming a government in the 26!
What a guy.
Mary Lou was deputy leader in 2016 and she agreed with Adams!
Do you agree with the SF stance in 2016?

You posted earlier that "politics is what people believe in".
I explained about FF's history of having each leader serve as Taoiseach.
Do you believe in SF?
Do you agree with their failure to hold government formation talks?
Sure thing there Charlie Kelly...

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom