Canada legalises marijuana.

Prester Jim

Good article here from the lead up to legalised mj in Canada. Runs through the effect of legalisation and decriminalisation in the countries that have already gone that way.
The big negative would be that you would attract scum if you were the only state legalising, that won't be a problem now.
Really makes me angry that we still have ignorant dinosaurs who don't think, just react, still dictating how the rest of us live our lives.
Not the biggest issue out there but such an obvious no brainer....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...y-tories-medicinal-recreational-a8406776.html

Telstar 62

Politically, Canadians are not very useful idiots.
Indeed.

( Video on Twitter )
A Yazidi woman ending her tears after crying for nearly 10 minutes in a gathering today in Toronto.
She was captured, sold, bought and raped by ISIS; she fled to Canada and saw her ISIS rapist on a bus in Ontario, Canada.
Sick.

Wakeupcall

Now there is a country that is going to pot.

Time to rename the country as Cannadas.

On a more serious note, this will hopefully drive down the consumption level of hard drugs.

Mary Jane is not a safe drug. It can produce serious long term side effects and mental illness. However, it's users damage themselves. In that sense it is in the same bracket as Tobbaco. But it is actually much, much worse.

Alcoholics, Cocaine addicts, Heroin users damage other people.
Incorrect waffle about cannabis... REEFER MADNESS

Wakeupcall

mr_anderson

It's not less harmful than tobacco.

Putting all the psychological issues aside smoking cannabis is a recognised cause of Lung Cancer (research British & US Lung Foundation for details).

It's actually considered worse for the lungs than tobacco smoke.

I don't think you're right.
Do you have a link to that study ?
You see many studies mix tobacco with marijuana and this does increase the risk.

My understanding is that pure marijuana smoke is less harmful than pure tobacco smoke.
But I'm open to being proven wrong.

Studies have failed to find a correlation between moderate cannabis use and lung cancer, nor head and neck cancers. In fact, one 2015 study found that smoking one the equivalent of joint a day for up to 20 years was not associated with decreased lung function.

Though, the verdict is still out on whether or not heavy cannabis consumption increases lung cancer risks.

Cannabis smoke, however, isn’t completely innocent. Research shows that the herb can cause damage to large airways, as one might expect after inhaling hot, burning plant matter. This damage appears to be reversible after individuals stop smoking. Regularly inhaling cannabis smoke may also cause bronchitis symptoms.
https://herb.co/marijuana/news/weed-smoke-vs-cigarette-smoke

Then there's also the quantity involved.
I'm quite sure there are a lot more people smoking 20 cigarettes a day than 20 joints (or even 5).

Furthermore, vaping is now a very popular way of 'smoking' marijuana, which removes any potential toxins or irritants.

Edibles are also incredibly popular.
The chocolate component is probably the most dangerous in those.

viper999

Nobody has ever died from a overdose of weed, thousands die from tobacco and alcohol in this country every year. Criminalising otherwise law abiding people who have a smoke and a giggle, eat some munch and are mellow is ludicrous. And cannabis isn't a gateway drug, alcohol is far worse for that purpose. By regulating it and selling it Amsterdam style will stop people going to dealers who offer hard drugs to kids and bring murder and mayhem to communities. Legalisation is the only way that makes sense, "my body my choice"

GDPR

Nobody has ever died from a overdose of weed, thousands die from tobacco and alcohol in this country every year. Criminalising otherwise law abiding people who have a smoke and a giggle, eat some munch and are mellow is ludicrous. And cannabis isn't a gateway drug, alcohol is far worse for that purpose. By regulating it and selling it Amsterdam style will stop people going to dealers who offer hard drugs to kids and bring murder and mayhem to communities. Legalisation is the only way that makes sense, "my body my choice"
My arse.

Craigmore..

Big Business. Billionaires will have their fun with it and that's what's at the heart of the campaign to legalize it for recreational use.

Craigmore..

It can be harmful and it can be a help depending on its use. It can also be made much less harmful; reduce the amount of THC, increase the CBD and let people vape or eat it and much of the damage is gone.
Illegality makes is a thousand times more dangerous because it makes it unregulated, lets its profits be controlled by gangsters and lets those same gangsters hawk their nastier wares on their clients.
Legalising is a no brainer. The only argument against it is from those controlling people who like to dictate what the rest of us can do and like to be our megalomaniac Moms and Dads.
Big Business wants it so they can leach the Billions spent on it each year. And if you think it's harmless, take yourself down to your local mental health unit at the hospital. When used in adolescence, destroys development also.

General Urko

Big Business wants it so they can leach the Billions spent on it each year. And if you think it's harmless, take yourself down to your local mental health unit at the hospital. When used in adolescence, destroys development also.
But the danger in many respects comes from being vulnerable and using it with alcohol and of course mixing it with tobacco!
Mind you, I have a relation who is a pure nut job who is an occasional pot smoker (she was a nut well before ever taking it) and the combination of the two does bother me! She, thankfully doesn't appear to drink much now as she was giving off the vibes of being a violent alcoholic from the first time she drank a drop!

I support legalization!

storybud1

its a catch 22,

anything that hurts drug dealers is welcome but marijuana can induce psychotic illness in young people with the genetic predisposition according to the Royal College of Psychiatrists , and they are medically trained doctors that trained after wards in psychiatry unlike fookwit councillors or psychologists who could not prescribe anything more than a choc ice ?

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinfo/problems/alcoholanddrugs/cannabisandmentalhealth.aspx

Given that its the greatest fookwit politician in the west, Trudeau (after our own Amadan O Riordan and Macron of course ) nobody is surprised, it;s just a pity there is no other way to reason with people to please not use this stuff,

Then the Meth labs will come, so what then ? let Meth be available ? this is the moral hazard of appeasing drug use which is a foreign body designed to addict the user ?

Alcohol, nicotine are just the early ones, sure a guy could be drinking all day, smoking fags, have a few joints and finish off with snorting Meth ? when does it end, alcohol and fags are already legal and taxed ? this "policy" is just nuts,

The key to solving drugs is capitalism, easy cash - tax free for any information on drug dealers ? it would be like an Ouroboros ( A snake eating itself) users, small dealers taking out competition, Gardai looking to make a few bucks with inside info, actual law abiding citizens, you name it, there is nothing a drug cartel hates more than a snitch, so lets create a whole nation of them ? waiting on some fooking moron to try and sell drugs to them in a nightclub ? call the drugs squad and they lift him and find the drugs, 5 years in jail and the next drug dealer is sh1tting himself ? the informant gets a handy 500 quid off the Gardai and the craze for handy 500 quids goes viral,, if it does not then make it a thousand ? if not then 5 thousand,, it sure is cheaper than picking up the pieces like the heroin epidemic in the inner city in the 80s, so many lives destroyed, all for scum that should have been stopped much earlier..

It would be like a national competition to find drug dealers and get big bucks,, capitalism,,, it should be used,,

Mitsui2

I always suspected your username was a positive sort of reference!

Mitsui2

Would you care to elaborate?

Because I suspect your elaboration will shock an amazing amount of people... including any who've ever investigated the subject.

But then I forgot - no pasaran, right?

Tony has his own facts.

God bless him!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom