• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Canada: Obese people entitled to 2 plane seats for price of 1

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
OTTAWA (Reuters) – Obese people have the right to two seats for the price of one on flights within Canada, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled on Thursday.

This raises interesting issues of civil rights, ethics and practicalities.

Should obese people be given the same privileges as other disabled people ?

Should we deny these privileges to obese people who a doctor thinks could heal themselves by dieting ?

Remember the obesity pandemic is increasing so these questions are becoming ever more relevant!

cYp

evercloserunion

I don't know too much about the issue of obesity but it would seem to me at first glance that if it is within the woman's abilities to slim down then she should not be given preferential treatment for her failure to do so.

sadie85

Seriously?!

Fair enough I agree that if you are obese and you can make stides to lose the weight then yes it should be done but just because someone is obese that does not give them the rights that other people have? Come on!

draiocht23

I don't know too much about the issue of obesity but it would seem to me at first glance that if it is within the woman's abilities to slim down then she should not be given preferential treatment for her failure to do so.

Hadn't you heard? Latest research suggests that cakes are more addictive than heroin...

Bobert

This raises interesting issues of civil rights, ethics and practicalities.

Should obese people be given the same privileges as other disabled people ?

Should we deny these privileges to obese people who a doctor thinks could heal themselves by dieting ?

Remember the obesity pandemic is increasing so these questions are becoming ever more relevant!

cYp
No.

Yes.

Indeed it is. And as such they should get thinner!

Kev408

Let them eat cake. Fatties are lovable and kind and usually prostitutes in US detective drama series. Labradors are limited - who else are we gonna hug?

CookieMonster

Let them eat cake. Fatties are lovable and kind and usually prostitutes in US detective drama series. Labradors are limited - who else are we gonna hug?
Self love is the way to go.

corelli

No.

Yes.

Indeed it is. And as such they should get thinner!
Medically obese people, due to glandular problems etc, should be treated as disabled.

Fat B******s should diet and exercise and be treated no differently than others.

Bobert

I suggest we ban cakes.

Cake Nazi!

There are other dogs you know...

Nah, we'll only drive it underground. We'll just end up with loads of people cooking up - scavenging in alcoves, wearing flowery aprons, with flour on their hands....
"Hey man, I need a hit man, what you got?"
"I got a slice of carrot cake, it's primo..."

Self love is the way to go.
...:eek:

jfk2008

Can't they be seated next to really skinny people?

Or is that asking for trouble?

Bobert

Medically obese people, due to glandular problems etc, should be treated as disabled.

Fat B******s should diet and exercise and be treated no differently than others.
Well, off course.

No! They should be treated worse. If you see a fat person you should walk up to them and taunt them by jiggling their stomach and making them bend over for the Mars bar you dropped.

corelli

Yea, I can just see the headline.

"Fat f****r squashes anorexic - ryanair bans both"

draiocht23

."Hey man, I need a hit man, what you got?"
"I got a slice of carrot cake, it's primo..."

Hmm, carrot cake on tick. Cue, gun wars over carrot cake debt...it's obvious that the next wave of gangland crime is going to be centred in Ballymaloe....

Kev408

It seems to be a fair solution. 1'm incredibly skinny (CM) so I'd be happy with a rhino beside me. They can tell me about the nephew they love and buy presents for them and how they really are the nicest of the aunties...(notwithstanding the anagram of the word 'nicest').

Bobert

Hmm, carrot cake on tick. Cue, gun wars over carrot cake debt...it's obvious that the next wave of gangland crime is going to be centred in Ballymaloe....

De Don!

CookieMonster

Yea, I can just see the headline.
"Fat f****r squashes anorexic - ryanair bans both"
HA! Ryanair would add a new service to change people extra so they're not seated next to fat people.

Bobert

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies