Canadian/US couple freed from Taliban

Orbit v2

Interesting case this. Looks like there might be Irish connections on both sides of the family. The husband sounds a bit odd. His father in law didn't mince his words, when he asked what was he doing bringing his pregnant wife into this environment, which is a fair question. If what he is saying is true though, that they raped his wife and killed his child, that really shows their captors up for absolute nut jobs.

max99

Yup! very odd indeed. Who decides to bring their pregnant wife, and 2 young children,
backpacking around Taliban country... :roll:

Orbit v2

Yup! very odd indeed. Who decides to bring their pregnant wife, and 2 young children, backpacking around Taliban country... .very strange...
The children were born after their capture. They weren't bringing children with them.

Though even thinking about the question I asked, maybe they didn't know she was pregnant. But I was struck by what the father in law said when interviwed today

Dame_Enda

I wish westerners would stay away from these lunatic states.

silverharp

possible jihadi

Tarek Fatah‏Verified account
@TarekFatah
Follow Follow @TarekFatah
More
Two pics of #JoshuaBoyle tell a story no one seems to notice. Within 24 hours he has a moustacheless beard, sign of radical Islam #cdnpoli

former wesleyan

Pilgrim.

Dame_Enda

dp

Dame_Enda

On him wearing a beard - maybe the Taliban forced him to grow one. They did that to men when in power.

Betson

On the TV news the other night after they were released they said that A plane had been organised to fly them to the US BUT the Husband said he would not fly back to there as he feared he would be arrested , the news station had no other info other than that , and I have heard nothing since , so was just wondering why he feared he would be arrested if he flew into the US.

silverharp

mr_anderson

The husband sounds a bit odd.
Indeed.

Joshua Boyle, now free after five years of captivity in Afghanistan, is perhaps best known for his brief marriage to Omar Khadr’s older sister.

Boyle, the son of an Ottawa tax court judge, was married for about a year to Zaynab Khadr. She’s the eldest daughter of Ahmed Said Khadr, who was accused by the U.S. and Canada of being an associate and financier for the terrorist group Al-Qaeda. Ahmed Khadr studied at the University of Ottawa, and the family moved between Canada, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Zaynab Khadr was a fierce defender of both her father and her brother, Omar Khadr, who was captured as a 15-year-old fighting with the Taliban in Afghanistan and charged with killing an American soldier.
Boyle married Zaynab Khadr in 2009. He was 25, she was 29. It was the third marriage for Zaynab. The first two were arranged: her first husband was sought as a conspirator in a bombing of the Egyptian Embassy in Pakistan; Osama Bin Laden was one of the guests at her second wedding in Afghanistan.

Back in Canada, Zaynab created controversy in 2004 for controversial remarks she made criticizing the way children were raised here and suggesting that the Sept. 11 terror attacks were justified.
Joshua Boyle: He’s perhaps best known for his link to Khadr family | Ottawa Citizen

razorblade

Out of all the places to go in the world they had to pick that looney one what else were they expecting.

mr_anderson

When I first heard the story I thought he was a CIA operative.
But even the CIA wouldn't allow him to bring his 5 month pregnant wife.
That takes real craziness.

Mitsui2

When I first heard the story I thought he was a CIA operative.
But even the CIA wouldn't allow him to bring his 5 month pregnant wife.
That takes real craziness.
It's a secret CIA tryout for the new levels of eejitry that will be expected from them if Trump ever gains actual control - "Just how suspiciously fecked up can we make this look?"

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Interesting case this. Looks like there might be Irish connections on both sides of the family. The husband sounds a bit odd. His father in law didn't mince his words, when he asked what was he doing bringing his pregnant wife into this environment, which is a fair question. If what he is saying is true though, that they raped his wife and killed his child, that really shows their captors up for absolute nut jobs.
This guy is one of those people who considers himself a missionary for mr jesus and decided that mr jesus would help him convert Afghanistan to mrjesus-following ways.

Highly likely to be a psychological bully within his family and managed to get his wife sexually abused by goat-herders and one of his children killed.

Personally I think I'd jail him for manslaughter although I'd be reluctant to put his living expenses on the taxpayer. No doubt his and his family's kidnapping will have already cost his country's embassy staff considerable expense and grief that they didn't need because of his ego so I'd be inclined to slap the bill on him with a management fee on top and extract it over time.

The guy is and was a complete d1ckhead.

New Threads

Most Replies