Canadian woman demands that only a white doctor should treat her child

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
So what do we think of this?

Is this a simple expression of racism, or is she just demanding what some other groups demand - that they get to deal with someone who reflects their ethnicity/culture/values on the basis of reasonable accommodation?

I find some of the words in the article interesting - see the bolded part below:

"When she is told that no such doctor is available, the woman gets angry."

Isn't that odd? The staff at the clinic must have tried to accommodate her request, but when they checked there was no white doctor available.

I wonder if the staff at the clinic do this all the time - accommodate what are at face value racist requests from patients, or the guardians of patients?

Woman demands white doctor in Canada to see her son at local clinic - BBC Newsbeat

"A video showing a woman in Canada demanding that a "white doctor" look at her sick son has gone viral.

In the footage, taken at a clinic in Mississauga, Ontario, she says that her son has chest pains but can be heard being racist towards staff.

When she is told that no such doctor is available, the woman gets angry.

Police said that no allegation of assault had been made by anyone involved and the matter was closed.

Sync

Depends what's wrong with the kid I suppose.

It'd be interesting if the kid was actually displaying symptoms that needed immediate attention, what do you do then as a health care facility? Entertain her racist idiocy by giving her a white doctor? Delay treatment to the kid by arguing? What makes her idiocy more tolerable that a hassidic jew demanding not to be treated by a woman? (Which segues into the El Al case).

Best bit "I schooled him perfect English".

In the end though, it's a clinic, they're not obliged to serve her in this sort of case, you call security and throw her out as you would if she was in McDonalds asking for only one colour of server.

former wesleyan

Having worked with Canadians overseas for years I often wondered why they got the reputation for being nice and cuddly.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Depends what's wrong with the kid I suppose.

It'd be interesting if the kid was actually displaying symptoms that needed immediate attention, what do you do then as a health care facility? Entertain her racist idiocy by giving her a white doctor? Delay treatment to the kid by arguing? What makes her idiocy more tolerable that a hassidic jew demanding not to be treated by a woman? (Which segues into the El Al case).

Best bit "I schooled him perfect English".

In the end though, it's a clinic, they're not obliged to serve her in this sort of case, you call security and throw her out as you would if she was in McDonalds asking for only one colour of server.

They did appear to try to do so. She was told that no such doctor was available, which implies that if a white doctor had been available her son would have been seen by that doctor.

Is that encouraging racism, or is it simply what such places have to do in practice to deal with all the different types of folks who make special demands?

Maybe they get Muslim folks who demand that they not be seen by a Jewish doctor. Who knows what sort of odd demands they face every day.

LDF

I don't know why she only wants a white doctor but I hope she got treated for that severe case of blurry face.

Sync

Maybe they get Muslim folks who demand that they not be seen by a Jewish doctor. Who knows what sort of odd demands they face every day.
Ultimately I'd make the call based on the state of the kid. A raving drunk who thinks Mexicans are demons/racist who wants white only doctors/guy who won't be treated by women who's suffering a heart attack is still suffering a heart attack and needs assistance.

But if it's not urgent (and this isn't urgent without the kid displaying symptoms) then you answer that staff and other customers are entitled to respect, they don't have to serve you and you can get lost.

Hans Von Horn

Her choice.

Jezza15

Having worked with Canadians overseas for years I often wondered why they got the reputation for being nice and cuddly.
They certainly do Libtard Fascism as well as any. I suspect it's a flipside to their more traditional meatheadery. Cannuck rednecks can be every bit as bad as the US version which is nowhere near as widespread as it is painted.

Ever read Sven Hassel? Him & his mates hated the Canadians & English. Liked Yanks, Scots & Aussies.

PeaceGoalie

They probably think the same of Irish-born supremracists.

There was a lady in Tallaght objected to a Muslamic ""doctor" treating her. Her daughter was on Liveline and could squash Joe and the pro Muslamic lot easily enough. Given how many of them have been shown to have quack degree and how the Muslamic creed advises to kill honkeys where they find htrem one can see her point, even if one does not agree with it.

Roisin3

Hmm. She says her kid is "part not white". A lot of the patients waiting are non-white, and given her loud voice making sure everyone heard her, I'm wondering if she just decided to offend as many people as she could there.

Hans Von Horn

If she wanted to be treated by a white, straight, protestant, highly qualified, Doctor with long experience then that is her business.

Roisin3

Eh? Rednecks in Canada? They're all over the place. Most of their reputation is for being boring, unfortunately.

Roisin3

If she wanted to be treated by a white, straight, protestant, highly qualified, Doctor with long experience then that is her business.
She could register with one. That's a walk-in-clinic. Basically a GP service that will see people who are not registered with them.

damus

And the irony is that this woman could lodge a complaint with the licensing board if a doctor refused her treatment for behaving in such a manner.

benroe

They should have asked.her if she wanted the doctor to be fat as well.

damus

They probably think the same of Irish-born supremracists.

There was a lady in Tallaght objected to a Muslamic ""doctor" treating her. Her daughter was on Liveline and could squash Joe and the pro Muslamic lot easily enough. Given how many of them have been shown to have quack degree and how the Muslamic creed advises to kill honkeys where they find htrem one can see her point, even if one does not agree with it.
You're not still pedalling this rubbish about Muslim doctors going around killing white patients. The regulatory bodies are the one's who are 100% responsible for setting the requirements and standards necessary for registration and the training system in Ireland ain't something to be putting up on a pedestal either.

mr_anderson

They did appear to try to do so. She was told that no such doctor was available, which implies that if a white doctor had been available her son would have been seen by that doctor.

All I can picture is the white doctor hiding behind his desk whispering ''Tell that crazy b1tch I'm not in !''.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies