Cancer UK drops the word women from cervical cancer checks, has the world gone mental?

Lagertha

Last edited:

Spanner Island

So, apparently Cancer UK are dropping the word women from campaigns to get women to have smear tests. They don't want to offend transgender people and non binary people, so more pandering to the mentally ill. PC gone mad. It feels like we women aren't even allowed to call ourselves women anymore.
Any link to this that confirms the OP and the reasoning for the decision?

stopdoingstuff

The trans community should be taking a case against the Irish government for not even bothering to test them for fanny cancer, let alone messing up the tests and then doing nothing about it for ages.

Lagertha

This story just winds me right up. By all means, encourage people who've had gender surgery to get smear tests, but they are a tiny minority and dropping the word women from smear tests is absolutely absurd. We've now got a world where people who are hopping up and down ranting about women's rights are putting the rights of men over those of women over something as fundamentally female as a smear test.

Clanrickard

So, apparently Cancer UK are dropping the word women from campaigns to get women to have smear tests. They don't want to offend transgender people and non binary people, so more pandering to the mentally ill. PC gone mad. It feels like we women aren't even allowed to call ourselves women anymore.

https://news.sky.com/story/cancer-research-uk-drops-the-word-women-from-smear-test-campaign-to-include-transgender-men-11405406
Yep we continue to dissapear down the rabbit hole. Utter baloney.

D

Deleted member 17573

The trans community should be taking a case against the Irish government for not even bothering to test them for fanny cancer, let alone messing up the tests and then doing nothing about it for ages.
Does this mean they'll be claiming that the incidence of the disease is falling?

willow68

This story just winds me right up. By all means, encourage people who've had gender surgery to get smear tests, but they are a tiny minority and dropping the word women from smear tests is absolutely absurd. We've now got a world where people who are hopping up and down ranting about women's rights are putting the rights of men over those of women over something as fundamentally female as a smear test.
Well I suppose we can demand prostate checks? I mean, a lifetime of bloody smear test (could they call it something else please. I hate that term...) a prostate exam would be the crowning glory after 5 pregnancies...smh.

Lagertha

It's like the PC cop who was complaining about Feminine hygiene products being labelled as Feminine hygiene products in case it offended transgender people. That made no sense, if you don't have a period you don't need a tampon/sanitary towel so why would you get offended that it is labelled as a feminine hygiene product?

Lagertha

Well I suppose we can demand prostate checks? I mean, a lifetime of bloody smear test (could they call it something else please. I hate that term...) a prostate exam would be the crowning glory after 5 pregnancies...smh.
Yeah, it's a horrible name for a really awkward test. There's nothing dignified about a smear test. petunia

rainmaker

Administrator
"Cervical cancer develops in anyone who has a cervix," said Fiona Osgun from Cancer Research UK.

"This includes women as well as people with other gender identities such as trans men.
It has nothing to do with offending anyone, it's about saving lives- so what's the problem you bigoted, lying cretin?

Orbit v2

Not even the tail wagging the dog. It's a flea on one little hair of its tail, wagging the dog.

It's possible that there could be women out there, not too well educated perhaps, and not familiar with anatomical terms like cervix and who might not go for a test now. Why didn't they say "women and trans-gender men" if they want to be inclusive?

It's this burial of traditional gender distinctions, which apply to the vast majority, that is offensive.

Last edited:

amist4

Cookie in 5 4 3 2.....

Lagertha

It has nothing to do with offending anyone, it's about saving lives- so what's the problem you bigoted, lying cretin?
Why don't you go fook yourself you obnoxious ******************************. You've only posted here to have a go at me you sad tosser. Onto ignore you go.

Hitchcock

Another day another nonsense thread for sections of P.ie to demonstrate their faux outrage!

Lagertha

Another day another nonsense thread for sections of P.ie to demonstrate their faux outrage!
Yes, how dare I as a woman be angry that a major cancer charity has decided that it is better to risk offending the majority of women who were born women than to offend a tiny minority of mentally ill men who had gender surgery because they ''identify'' as women. :roll: There are no depths of stupidity you won't defend.

rainmaker

Administrator
Why don't you go fook yourself you obnoxious ******************************. You've only posted here to have a go at me you sad tosser. Onto ignore you go.
You're right, I'm sorry - that should have read bigoted, lying cowardly cretin.

rainmaker

Administrator
Yes, how dare I as a woman be angry that a major cancer charity has decided that it is better to risk offending the majority of women who were born women than to offend a tiny minority of mentally ill men who had gender surgery because they ''identify'' as women. :roll: There are no depths of stupidity you won't defend.
It's a UK campaign so why you're offended is beyond me- also, you're still lying through your vile teeth. It was not changed to avoid offence, to increase life saving screen in that target group.

Hitchcock

Interesting assessment by you, remind me of your qualifications? At least you're honest with your attitudes. Exactly how will the 'majority' of women be offended by this?

talkingshop

It's a UK campaign so why you're offended is beyond me- also, you're still lying through your vile teeth. It was not changed to avoid offence, to increase life saving screen in that target group.
How will dropping the reference to "women" increase life saving?

And btw the same thing is creeping in everywhere - here we have trans activists demanding we don't use "women" in the new abortion legislation.

Last edited:

Hitchcock

How will dropping the reference to "women" increase life saving?
"Cervical cancer develops in anyone who has a cervix," said Fiona Osgun from Cancer Research UK.

"This includes women as well as people with other gender identities such as trans men.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies