Cancer vaccine programme to go ahead

Destiny's Soldier

Not really that good.

Would you give a vaccine to your 13 year old daughter to prevent Chlamidia? You'd probably tell her not to be sexually active.

HPV is a sexually transmitted virus.

Baron von Biffo

The decision to cancel this programme was callous, mean spirited and short sighted - typical Harney in other words. Her excuse at the time was poverty, given that we're worse off now, the reversal is peculiar.

Welcome though this move is, it reeks of a smokescreen to hide something else. Time will tell.

The Caped Cod

Not really that good.

Would you give a vaccine to your 13 year old daughter to prevent Chlamidia? You'd probably tell her not to be sexually active.

I remember reading that an FDA study found that if Gardasil was administered to a woman who already had HPV then it increased the chances of liesions that eventually can turn cancerous. In other words the vaccine has to be administered to virgins becuase apparently most sexually active women have some form of HPV. I think it also said that vaccine only targets 4 strains aswell. I'll try and find the article again.

DCon

Harney taking the credit for negotiating a cheaper deal with the drugs companies.

the tough negotiations resulted in us getting the same price that the NHS pay in the UK for the vaccine. The offer that was refused in the past was twice this price.

She is being interviewed on Newstalk at the moment.

hammer

Great news. Well done Mary. See how simple it is when you put your mind to something.

She obviously had time to think over the last 3 weeks :) and didn`t want to be known as the worst Minister in History !!!

Hopefully the good news is not to divert the people away from the other HSE cutbacks coming down the road.

Well done again.

Mitsui2

Must have caught a vague whiff of an election or something. Certainly can't have been concern.

Destiny's Soldier

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msoyRYSoSJk"]YouTube- Urgent Warning about Gardasil[/ame]

willoughby

Not really that good.

I thought that the reason it was administered to girls at 13 is because it was most effective at that age.
I have a sister who is 13 and will definitely be going for this. That doesnt mean she is going to become sexually active.

soubresauts

Good news? I think not. I wouldn't touch those vaccines with a barge pole.

If people want them, let them buy them, as they have been doing until now. Why should the taxpayer have to pay for them?

Vaccination is the greatest single cause of waste in our health services.

I know there are good people in the DoHC, the HSE, and the WHO, but there are some very dodgy practices there too, and too many chancers in high positions. It's hard to trust anything they say.

I would have much more faith in America's National Vaccine Information Center. See what they have to say, here.

Toblakai

Not really that good.

You do realise that 13 year old girls become 18 year old girls in roughly 5 years or less?

drkpower

I would have much more faith in America's National Vaccine Information Center. See what they have to say,
Of course you would, given that it is a private organisation set up by parents of children who died or became ill at some point after undergoing routine vaccinations, which they blamed for their child's sickness.......

That is precisely the independent objective body we should be getting our healthcare information from....!!:lol:

National Vaccine Information Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

west'sawake

Once more we give in to liberal populist hysteria that will only benefit pharmaceutical companies peddling a dubious vaccine for a virus that is behaviour related. I suppose too they expect the schools to 'educate' all the girls on the need for it.

Meanwhile autistic children cannot get a proper education, hospital waiting lists get longer, and school building programmes are cancelled.

soubresauts

Of course you would [trust the NVIC more], given that it is a private organisation set up by parents of children who died or became ill at some point after undergoing routine vaccinations, which they blamed for their child's sickness.......
And all you can do is badmouth the NVIC and refer to Wikipedia.

Would you deny the following statement from NVIC?
...some studies say that less than 10 percent or even less than 1 percent of serious vaccine adverse events are ever reported.
How safe are Gardasil and Cervarix? Anyone know?

Should public money be spent on a risky vaccine, and should Irish citizens be deceived into thinking their daughters need this sort of "protection"?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies