Cannabis worth €xxxx seized

Outlaw101

According to a report in the independent: Cannabis worth

"Gardai seized €520,000 worth of cannabis at a warehouse this morning.

Revenue Customs Officers and Gardai from the Drugs Unit in Tallaght seized 29 kilos of herbal cannabis at the property in West Dublin.

No arrests have been made in connection with the haul.

Investigations are ongoing and a file will be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions."

If you check Commodities prices for a comparable plant, Tea, the price per kilograms is 381 cents. Tea - Monthly Price - Commodity Prices - Price Charts, Data, and News - IndexMundi

The cost for 28 Kilograms of Tea $106 or €90.

If any one is wondering why herbal cannabis is illegal it is because it is a way of turning a product that should be selling for €100 into a product that sells for €520,000.

Tea is comparable to cannabis? When did that happen? Must have happened on a day I missed school.

I enjoy teas and have greatly enjoyed cannabis in the past, FWIW.

florin

Tea is comparable to cannabis? When did that happen? Must have happened on a day I missed school.

I enjoy teas and have greatly enjoyed cannabis in the past, FWIW.
(s)he means in terms of the cost of producing the plant

eoghanacht

How do you come to that conclusion?
Is it not obvious? Standard production methods cannot be used and the risk of conviction imposes a cost. Standard distribution channels cannot be used either, and there is illegality of every turn. All of this stuff makes production and distribution difficult and expensive. Even where it is legal there are licences to be paid for.

Outlaw101

Is it not obvious? Standard production methods cannot be used and the risk of conviction imposes a cost. Standard distribution channels cannot be used either, and there is illegality of every turn. All of this stuff makes production and distribution difficult and expensive. Even where it is legal there are licences to be paid for.
All costs associated with its legislative status.

LookWhoItIs

I think that was the point of the OP - it should be legal and cost the same as tea

I think that was the point of the OP - it should be legal and cost the same as tea
And my point is that if legalised it would attract precisely the same controls as does alcohol.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies