Cannabis worth €xxxx seized

Outlaw101

The same as anything enjoyable - such as alcohol.
No. It would cost the same as tea, which is why it is not legal.

If it cost the same as tea then when you consider that €90 of tea is the equivalent of €520,000 of weed then how much weed, at current price would someone consume in a year? Lets be ultra generous and say €10k. So if it was legal you could supply someone with their annual supply for approximately €2

Outlaw101

If it cost the same as tea then when you consider that €90 of tea is the equivalent of €520,000 of weed then how much weed, at current price would someone consume in a year? Lets be ultra generous and say €10k. So if it was legal you could supply someone with their annual supply for approximately €2
So every man woman and child could be supplied with an annual €2, €10,000 today value, of weed and it would cost the government approximately €7 million.

Now those are very generous figures and you are really talking a fraction of that, realistically below €700k.

So if weed was legalised and supplied for free by the State it could cost somewhere south of €700k annually.

benroe

It is possible to grow cannabis outside in Ireland, you should not expect the kind of bud you get from inside plants and the only expense are the seeds and some tomato food.
If you were growing outside on an industrial scale you would need to weed out all the male plants because one could fertilise all your females and destroy your crop.

Outlaw101

So, according to the 2016 Annual Revenue report there were 1,222 seizures of cannabis resulting in seizure 947 kilos with street value of €15,360,000. I'm not exactly sure what that includes and if it includes Garda seizures.

Now in Tea valuation the value would have been €3,608.

That would work out at €2.95 per seizure.

LookWhoItIs

So every man woman and child could be supplied with an annual €2, €10,000 today value, of weed and it would cost the government approximately €7 million.

Now those are very generous figures and you are really talking a fraction of that, realistically below €700k.

So if weed was legalised and supplied for free by the State it could cost somewhere south of €700k annually.

I suspect there might be other hidden costs down the road if that approach was taken ? :lol:

Outlaw101

So, according to the 2016 Annual Revenue report there were 1,222 seizures of cannabis resulting in seizure 947 kilos with street value of €15,360,000. I'm not exactly sure what that includes and if it includes Garda seizures.

Now in Tea valuation the value would have been €3,608.

That would work out at €2.95 per seizure.
So looking at the Garda statistics from 2014

They made seizures of 1226 Kilo with a street value of €24,000,000

In Tea value terms that would actually €4,671

(I excluded a small quantity of resin they seized and a few plants.)

Lets for arguments sake say there is relative consistency year on year and assume there is no overlap between Garda and Revenue statistics. (Revenue seem to place a value at €4,000 less per Kg than the Gardai)

In an average year there will be sizures totaling 2173 Kg with a street value of €39,000,000.

In Tea value the annual seizure would amount to €8,200.

Outlaw101

So looking at the Garda statistics from 2014

They made seizures of 1226 Kilo with a street value of €24,000,000

In Tea value terms that would actually €4,671

(I excluded a small quantity of resin they seized and a few plants.)

Lets for arguments sake say there is relative consistency year on year and assume there is no overlap between Garda and Revenue statistics. (Revenue seem to place a value at €4,000 less per Kg than the Gardai)

In an average year there will be sizures totaling 2173 Kg with a street value of €39,000,000.

In Tea value the annual seizure would amount to €8,200.
There seems to be an opinion that seizures represent approximately 5% of the drugs that attempt to enter the market.

So, we can speculate that the siezed plus successful market for cannabis in Ireland is somewhere around 43,460 Kg per year with a street value of €780,000,000.

In Tea value terms that would be €165,582. annually.

stopdoingstuff

It is possible to grow cannabis outside in Ireland, you should not expect the kind of bud you get from inside plants and the only expense are the seeds and some tomato food.
If you were growing outside on an industrial scale you would need to weed out all the male plants because one could fertilise all your females and destroy your crop.
You could use some of the autoflowering feminised seeds with some ruderalis bred in to make durable enough to withstand northern climates. The hard part is pest control. I had 3 or 4 on the go on public land last year. They were short ,bushy indicas that produced between .75 and 1.25 ounces per plant. Not great quantity but they are bred to be small and not stand out.

Outlaw101

You could use some of the autoflowering feminised seeds with some ruderalis bred in to make durable enough to withstand northern climates. The hard part is pest control. I had 3 or 4 on the go on public land last year. They were short ,bushy indicas that produced between .75 and 1.25 ounces per plant. Not great quantity but they are bred to be small and not stand out.
What did it cost you?

Cruimh

Tea is comparable to cannabis? When did that happen? Must have happened on a day I missed school.

I enjoy teas and have greatly enjoyed cannabis in the past, FWIW.
Alas, the Cannabis of today seems to be skunk - high in THC and low in Cannabidiol that would help people with some medical conditions.

The days of Leb' Red and P*ki Black are long gone ....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies