Cannabis worth €xxxx seized

GDPR

Nothing almost. I got the seeds from a friend.
You righteously rebuke GK Chesterton and than you come out with that......:rolleyes:

Irish Catholicism has maybe the most noble Christian history on earth and this where it has fallen to.

"I weep but it isn't for women's tears to raise our Irish Green".

Outlaw101

There seems to be an opinion that seizures represent approximately 5% of the drugs that attempt to enter the market.

So, we can speculate that the siezed plus successful market for cannabis in Ireland is somewhere around 43,460 Kg per year with a street value of €780,000,000.

In Tea value terms that would be €165,582. annually.
Ok on somewhat revised figures it is possible to assume that the Irish spend

€1,000,000,000 annually on a product that but for its legislative status would cost somewhere in the region of €250,000.

This is an over spend of €999,750,000 created by it being illegal.

There are obviously other costs such as policing, prosecution and punishment which would need to be included before establishing exactly how much its legal status is costing us.

It might be hard to determine exactly what these costs are without also establishing a comparative analysis for Cocaine and Heroine.

Any suggestions on what be a comparative commodities for these two products. I'm not sure that Tea is appropriate.

Outlaw101

Rough figures on the amount of Heroin seized in 2014, is €36,000,000. The Gardai don't actually record any seizures in their annual report but Revenue do.

If you stick to the 5% seizure rate then the seized and successful market might be as much as €720,000,000 annually.

That means the combined annual market, seized and successful, of Cannabis and Heroin is €1,700,000,000 annually.

The trick is to figure out a reasonable method of calculating how much the €720,000,000 would actually be if the legal status was different and to know what the annual overspend would be.

Antóin Mac Comháin

80% of deaths from drugs in Glasgow are caused by prescription drugs. That means that 80% of the market is cornered by Big Pharma, which is worth €2,880,000,000.00 a year.

che schifo

Roughly 1.5g for €25.

Or at least that's what the fella down the pub told me.
I remember when it used to be 15 quid for a Henry and 25-30 for a Henry's daughter. That was before harry monk became the predominant product..

Northsideman

Tea is comparable to cannabis? When did that happen? Must have happened on a day I missed school.

I enjoy teas and have greatly enjoyed cannabis in the past, FWIW.
No it was the day someone was smoking the product:D

Antóin Mac Comháin

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjqyN2brq7VAhVMCcAKHfIyD84QFggsMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fdetails%2Fcu31924001376171&usg=AFQjCNFWpC6w_bpuuVUAcj7AZAmcZkSiEg

It appears that the Celts were smoking the whacky tobaccay long before the Indians and the Rastafarians. It also appears that the Celts had discovered the potency of the poppy, thousands of years before anyone else. A people without book? The knowledge they had on plants and medicine is nothing short of astonishing.

Outlaw101

I know that there is, or is going to be, a requirement to include drugs in the measurement of national GDP.

Does anybody know how the Government will value the trade?

mr_anderson

I know that there is, or is going to be, a requirement to include drugs in the measurement of national GDP.

Does anybody know how the Government will value the trade?
Did they not already do this when they started counting hookers ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies