• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Caolan Robertson: 'The left created people like me and Tommy Robinson'.

roc_

I thought that the above was a very interesting statement made by far-right film-maker Caolan Robertson (post his eventual epiphany that the far-right movement is despicable, unconscionable, "basically incorrect", and generally worrying for anyone holding civilised values.)

I note that Jordan Peterson has said basically the same thing too. As he put it, "... I've studied Nazism for four decades. And I understand it very well. And I can tell you there are some awful people lurking in the corners, they're ready to come out. And if the radical left keeps pushing the way its pushing, they're going to come..."

I strongly agree with this. - There is just the same kind of abdication of individual critical faculties in favor of a self-regarding, sentimental, herd-like political ideology in the radical left as there is in the reactionary right. - Both sides feed on each other, and exacerbate each other. Their hatred of each other constitutes a deep mass-psychological force in our society.

For reference, as a quick synopsis of this ongoing drama, here is an email from Caolan to the NYT:

D8ysMu5VsAAZPna.jpg

So do people on here think that yes, the radical left, the PC, self-righteous, posturing, 'right-on' left is to blame for the present day wretched resurrection of the reactionary right? Or is something else more to blame?

Last edited:

Peter72

I agree the Left has only itself to blame when it engages in Fascist tactics.

But disagree that if you are on the Right that you are an awful person.

roc_

I agree the Left has only itself to blame when it engages in Fascist tactics.

But disagree that if you are on the Right that you are an awful person.
There's a difference between the kind of traditional conservative who we've long been familiar with, and the kind of "right-wingers" emerging in force all across our society's media and communication channels today.

And also we're not talking necessarily about "fascism" in the left. - Ideologically-driven, cult-like, intolerance of any dissent is perhaps a better description, more discussable at least, in regards to what we're trying to get at here.

rainmaker

Administrator
I thought that the above was a very interesting statement made by far-right film-maker Caolan Robertson (post his eventual epiphany that the far-right movement is despicable, unconscionable, "basically incorrect", and generally worrying for anyone holding civilised values.)

I note that Jordan Peterson has said basically the same thing too. As he put it, "... I've studied Nazism for four decades. And I understand it very well. And I can tell you there are some awful people lurking in the corners, they're ready to come out. And if the radical left keeps pushing the way its pushing, they're going to come..."

I strongly agree with this. - There is just the same kind of abdication of individual critical faculties in favor of a self-regarding, sentimental, herd-like political ideology in the radical left as there is in the reactionary right. - Both sides feed on each other, and exacerbate each other. Their hatred of each other constitutes a deep mass-psychological force in our society.

For reference, as a quick synopsis of this ongoing drama, here is an email from Caolan to the NYT:

View attachment 18541

So do people on here think that yes, the radical left, the PC, self-righteous, posturing, 'right-on' left is to blame for the present day wretched resurrection of the reactionary right? Or is something else more to blame?
No, I think the far right needs to take responsibility for it's own creations, something it has never done.

Anders Brevik, Thomas Mair, Brenton Tarrant, Dylann Roof and the list goes on. I do not see the so called left having so many mass murderers in it's ranks.

We saw this even on here after Christchurch, with a certain minority of posters insistent on blaming immigrants and Muslims.

Collective responsibility is something the far right believe only applies to others.

roc_

No, I think the far right needs to take responsibility for it's own creations, something it has never done.

Anders Brevik, Thomas Mair, Brenton Tarrant, Dylann Roof and the list goes on. I do not see the so called left having so many mass murderers in it's ranks.

We saw this even on here after Christchurch, with a certain minority of posters insistent on blaming immigrants and Muslims.

Collective responsibility is something the far right believe only applies to others.
I'm only really familiar with Breivik in the above list.

Did you read his manifesto and what it said about the "left"?

And can I remind you that his targets were children who he thought would grow up to comprise the political left, not even Muslims at all?

roc_

Also, I'm not sure "collective responsibility" is top of the list for the far right to address. There first needs to be a basic understanding of how the world actually works before you can properly apply the principle of the rights and obligations that you have.

brughahaha

Errr why is this in "Culture and Community" .Its about 2 hard right Brits , posted by (probably an American or Israeli ) zionist right winger and links Britains Sky News and The New York Times

What that exactly has to do with "Culture and Community" in Ireland on an Irish web board is seriously puzzling.

roc_

Errr why is this in "Culture and Community" .Its about 2 hard right Brits , posted by (probably an American or Israeli ) zionist right winger and links Britains Sky News and The New York Times

What that exactly has to do with "Culture and Community" in Ireland on an Irish web board is seriously puzzling.
The rise and rise of both radical and reactionary politics driven by world wide online communication channels is an increasing tendency in our own country too.

brughahaha

The increase of both radical and reactionary politics driven by world wide online channels is an increasing tendency in our own country too.
I don't buy for a single moment that you are Irish .
And if you can point to a single public and widely supported figure like Caolan Robertson or Tommy Robinson in Ireland , you might have a point ....but you can't and you don't !

There is no evidence of an appearance of the far right in Ireland ..so this thread being in "Culture and Community" is nonsense

Hasbarists , terrified by the support for Palestinians in Ireland , keep opening threads about problems in Ireland that don't exist ...kinda pathetic and shows your bull up (as always)

roc_

I don't buy for a single moment that you are Irish .
And if you can point to a single public and widely supported figure like Caolan Robertson or Tommy Robinson in Ireland , you might have a point ....but you can't and you don't !

There is no evidence of an appearance of the far right in Ireland ..so this thread being in "Culture and Community" is nonsense

Hasbarists , terrified by the support for Palestinians in Ireland , keep opening threads about problems in Ireland that don't exist ...kinda pathetic and shows your bull up (as always)
Well, your reaction and hackneyed diversionary attacks are understandable, as you are in fact a very, very good example of the kind of "left" ideology, sentiment, and thought patterns that we have been talking about here.

But there are multifold more examples of the kind of dynamic that we're talking about as regards finding both radical left and reactionary right viewpoints as they manifest in Irish society - for example over on a competing forum, a very Irish forum, called 'Political Irish' (if you really need more evidence, and aren't actually just blindly blustering).

We are not such an island as we once were with the advent of the internet. This topic very much belongs in this forum. No doubt you are going to personally feel a fair bit of heat from this particular discussion, brughahaha. So perhaps better if you just make yourself scarce?

tsarbomb

This stuff has largely passed over Ireland.

We've always had a hard left cohort in the Dáil. The stuff the YouTube warriors rant about isn't a big issue over here.

roc_

This stuff has largely passed over Ireland.

We've always had a hard left cohort in the Dáil. The stuff the YouTube warriors rant about isn't a big issue over here.
"This stuff" is here too.

For example home-grown right wing personalities like "Grand Torino", Gemma O'Doherty, that druid from Kilkenny (McGrath), and others.

Lots of world wide right-wing channels being accessed too. You can't dismiss their influence just because they do not originate here.

Sure we have a much smaller population than the UK or US. But there is a proportion of our people being drawn into this stuff. I suspect it may even be a higher proportion than elsewhere.

You are also right about the radical left cohort. That has been here a while as you point out but is also growing, mainly due to the internet.

Last edited:

benroe

Not much of an epiphany, saying Tommy R isn't a racist, Lauren Southern is only a young woman finding her way and admitting that the most homophobia he has experienced came from muslims ,must have had SJW heads exploding everywhere.

brughahaha

Zoo

Buchaill Dana

"This stuff" is here too.

For example home-grown right wing personalities like "Grand Torino", Gemma O'Doherty, that druid from Kilkenny (McGrath), and others.

Lots of world wide right-wing channels being accessed too. You can't dismiss their influence just because they do not originate here.

Sure we have a much smaller population than the UK or US. But there is a proportion of our people being drawn into this stuff. I suspect it may even be a higher proportion than elsewhere.

You are also right about the radical left cohort. That has been here a while as you point out but is also growing, mainly due to the internet.
More proof you arent Irish and havent a clue about life here. The last election showed the market for this dross. Pish is an echochmber of losers, socks and yanks.

This is the problem you help perpetuate. Anyone can claim to be Irish. When enough do it it creates a false impression.

brughahaha

The right blaming their victims is worthy of comment. It just belongs in foreign affairs
Maybe we could have a "Hasbarist Utter Bollox" Forum ...for ROC Yanshuf and the other non dom internet Hasbarists so obsessed with Ireland

Buchaill Dana

Maybe we could have a "Hasbarist Utter Bollox" Forum ...for ROC Yanshuf and the other non dom internet Hasbarists so obsessed with Ireland
Turgidly predictable. Everything is the lefts, especially the Irish lefts, fault. Including far right terrorists.

rainmaker

Administrator
It should be pointed out that this user has an Irish IP and an Irish domestic, commercial service provider.

Golah veNekhar

Rampant sociopathic homosexualism is a product of capitalistic values gone insane and while many of the Left should be strongly criticized for supporting "Gay Rights" (which in healthier days the Left rightly saw as bourgeois decadence) they cannot be blamed for this. The more socially just a society the less homosexuality you have around the place. Also Tommy's wealthy backers are not on the Left though a few of them are ex-Leftists who abandoned the Left as soon as they felt it had become bad for their tribe. He didn't have an epiphany- and he was never Far Right as such- instead he burned all his bridges through gross financial dishonesty and generally being a walking "Shoah of the ethics".

Say Farewell to the Klepto Queens of the British Far-Right

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies