Capping income tax at €100,000 a year: a blueprint for prosperity in Ireland. A proper Blueshirt Policy.

Hans Von Horn

Capping income tax at €100,000 a year: a blueprint for prosperity in Ireland. A proper Blueshirt Policy.

Any Citizen that pays €100,000 in income tax in a year, must surely make a good contribution to running the State. We need to make Ireland a place that is attractive for high net worth and innovative, enterprising, hardworking people to live and work in.

Essentially make as much money as you can and pay just €100k in income tax.

The international mood is moving to oppose Nations under bidding each other on rates of Corporation Tax. We could do much more to attract people who own a lot of wealth, or who make a lot of money, and induce them to live here. This would create a huge volume of employment as a spin off and boost service consumption, consumer spending and related taxes.

The Government's notion of a low tax rate for FDI workers was shot down. A Income Tax Cap would as an alternative be open to all and would not need to be limited to FDI.

We would be far better off attracting wealthy people from overseas than scroungers who wish to feed off our public housing and welfare benefits.

The coming years will be uncertain because of Brexit's impact on Ireland's Food Export sector 41% of which goes to the UK, and it could end up liable to a 25% tariff.

We need a plan to fill the Brexit hole in four food industry if one opens up. In any event we need a basis for growing prosperity. Getting more rich people to live here is a good start.

Attracting 100,000 new tax payers who pave €100,000 a year would add €10 billion a year to the tax take in income tax alone.

Last edited:

General Urko

Certainly not all but most of the people who make this kind of savage money in wages in Ireland and I mean at €100K not just theoretically liable for a €100K in taxes are usually public service insider chancers or the gobshyte private sector managerial class or politicians all of whom have been huge contributers in landing us in the shyte we are in and strong drivers of the Apartheidal System against Ordinary Irish People!:mad:

hiding behind a poster

Certainly not all but most of the people who make this kind of savage money in wages in Ireland and I mean at €100K not just theoretically liable for a €100K in taxes are usually public service insider chancers or the gobshyte private sector managerial class or politicians all of whom have been huge contributers in landing us in the shyte we are in and strong drivers of the Apartheidal System against Ordinary Irish People!:mad:
Would this be the Apartheidal System against Punctuation as well?

General Urko

Would this be the Apartheidal System against Punctuation as well?
I'm not paid enough to worry about such trivialities .............................................................................................................petunia

Hans Von Horn

What do you mean by savage money? A married person on €275,000 a year would have an income tax liability of €100,000

100,000 more people on €275,000 a year would yield another €10 billion a year for the exchequer a year in income tax and probably as much more in indirect taxes.

hiding behind a poster

What do you mean by savage money? A married person on €275,000 a year would have an income tax liability of €100,000

100,000 more people on €275,000 a year would yield another €10 billion a year for the exchequer a year in income tax and probably as much more in indirect taxes.
How many people are on €275,000 a year (or more) at the moment?

General Urko

Horny,
My point is that it's generally savage money to be paying for the gobshytes who usually get it considering their skills, abilites and contributions! And in a public sector context in those cases (I mean where it is undeserved there) it is leeched by them out of our pockets and in the private sector, (I mean where it is undeserved there) it is leeched out of regular workers with consequences for them including worse health outcomes and substantially lower life expectancy rates!

Hans Von Horn

How many people are on €275,000 a year (or more) at the moment?
People who make more than €275,000 a year do not find our tax system attractive. We can attract this class from overseas and incentivise our own people.

Personally would tax people with Income tax up to 1 million in income, after that the rate drops down to 10% on all income.

Means at top level less likely to use tax shelters etc when keeping 90% over a million.

Hans Von Horn

Horny,
My point is that it's generally savage money to be paying for the gobshytes who usually get it considering their skills, abilites and contributions! And in a public sector context in those cases (I mean where it is undeserved there) it is leeched by them out of our pockets and in the private sector, (I mean where it is undeserved there) it is leeched out of regular workers with consequences for them including worse health outcomes and substantially lower life expectancy rates!
Not even our Taoiseach makes €275K. Bertie did though.

Hans Von Horn

Personally would tax people with Income tax up to 1 million in income, after that the rate drops down to 10% on all income.

Means at top level less likely to use tax shelters etc when keeping 90% over a million.
It could work with marginal relief.

General Urko

People who make more than €275,000 a year do not find our tax system attractive. We can attract this class from overseas and incentivise our own people.
Most of the people on €100 K plus here would have very serious difficulty in getting anything like this kind of money anywhere else!
I have nothing against Tubbs, Derek or Joe Duffy, but they would not be on the kind of money they are on here for doing a media abroad - no way!
Who would employ our senior bankers abroad on that money, nobody!

Hans Von Horn

Most of the people on €100 K plus here would have very serious difficulty in getting anything like this kind of money anywhere else!
I have nothing against Tbbs, Derek or Joe Duffy, but they would not be on the kind of money they are on here for doing a media abroad - no way!
Semi States should be excluded from such a deal.

I have nothing against Tubbs, Derek or Joe Duffy, but they would not be on the kind of money they are on here for doing a media abroad - no way!
100k in City of London is laughable wage, experienced people of 2-3 times that easily before bonus and benefits package.

Hans Von Horn

100k in City of London is laughable wage, experienced people of 2-3 times that easily before bonus and benefits package.
Give people an incentive to come and work here, without them undermining the earnings of the existing population.

General Urko

And how many chancer Paddies will get that there - fook all, whereas those same chancers with contacts here could!

hiding behind a poster

You quite sure about that? Maybe you can post some meaningful comparisons between Ireland and countries with similar standards of living.

So why do the likes of Graham Norton and other Irish media types abroad not come home for the easy money? Why didn't Wogan?

Again, why don't you dig out some figures?

ShoutingIsLeadership

The OP wants poor Muslim foreigners to be sent packing, but wants rich foreigners to be brought in and given a free ride, after 100k of income tax

Mushroom

Hans Von Horn

The OP wants poor Muslim foreigners to be sent packing, but wants rich foreigners to be brought in and given a free ride, after 100k of income tax
FDI is about attracting rich foreigners to set up business here usually importing workers too undercut our own. We need a better model.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies