Caption this: Alan Shatter says Goodbye to Pamela Izevbekhai at Dublin Airport

The OD

What has religion to do with this?
I don't know. Perhaps it might be something to do with this line:

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Matthew 25:40

Of course its no secret that a sizable proportion of those who identify as Christians in the real world and on here have a very pick-n-mix attitude to their faith. I'm pretty sure that sneering at the defeated and the 'least of [us]'' is a very un-Christian concept. No mention of her kids, they may not be going back to FGM but life for women in Nigeria is fraught with dangers nonetheless. I don't believe its our business to try to fix the world, but neither do I think it's exactly funny to make poor jokes either.

Why don't we put up a picture of her daughters and have some hilarious comments about the type, frequency and severity of sexual assault that they will now be at massive risk of? Won't that be hilarious? The woman should have gotten pregnant, she might have gotten massive numbers of a la carte Christians onside, at least until she gave birth.

a good sense of humour is required when you look at the laughable way Ireland has in dealing with illegal immigration. How much did it cost to deal with this case? I think the citizens of the Flawed State are totally entitled to vent after these scandels.
I agree with you but that doesn't mean we have to have a 'victory' thread dressed up as 'humour'.

We have the usual 'I'm not racist, BUT.....' crowd on hiding their petty spite behind humour. Just to be clear, I think it was right she was deported, I think she got some incredibly stupid people onside with her lies, we do not need people like her, we are already overflowing with dishonest leeches. Perhaps I should start making jokes about people who find themselves having to live next door to immigrants. Perhaps we can laugh at the fact that they are not affluent enough to move someone else. How funny do you think that will be? (Not at all, but I am sure my point is clear.)

tigerben

I'm amazed that no follow up of Pammie and the lifesytyle she leads has being done.

jmcc

I'm amazed that no follow up of Pammie and the lifesytyle she leads has being done.
I think that what passes for the Irish media wants to forget about her. Most of the chumps masquerading as journalists who were scammed just don't want to be reminded and they certainly don't want their readers so reminded. The Sunday Tribune tried to be a low IQ version of the Gruaniad with this and other such stories but it finally went out of business. The Irish Times also has had a bit of a management change and Madam has been retired. Only two newspapers seem to have emerged largely unscathed and they took a lot of flack from the happy-clappies at the time over doing some decent journalism on the story.

Towelie

Brilliant thread, now do John Terry slipping in the Champions League final.

5th most viewed thread today, seriously?

SirTallaghtban

Brilliant thread, now do John Terry slipping in the Champions League final.

5th most viewed thread today, seriously?
Immigrant and race threads do numbers. No other Irish website or media outlet touch such issues - is why some of us come on here.

Druidess

?.... No mention of her kids, they may not be going back to FGM but life for women in Nigeria is fraught with dangers nonetheless. I don't believe its our business to try to fix the world, but neither do I think it's exactly funny to make poor jokes either.

Why don't we put up a picture of her daughters and have some hilarious comments about the type, frequency and severity of sexual assault that they will now be at massive risk of? Won't that be hilarious? The woman should have gotten pregnant, she might have gotten massive numbers of a la carte Christians onside, at least until she gave birth.

Sorry but are you for fooking real?

I live in Nigeria. I can assure you that scamela Izevbekhai is not the average woman walking the streets of Lagos. She comes from a moneyed background, she and her husband are considered very wealthy by Nigerian standards. They very likely live in a gated compound with armed security, have a number of domestic staff etc etc. they are not the political elite of Nigeria but they are in the top 3%.

I don't know if you imagine that Nigeria is teeming with drooling rapists and molesters where girls and women are in constant danger on the streets, if you do I can assure you that this is not the case. And certainly not for scamela and her family.

Anyway this thread pokes fun at our minister for justice more than scamela.

Last edited:

Druidess

I think that what passes for the Irish media wants to forget about her. Most of the chumps masquerading as journalists who were scammed just don't want to be reminded and they certainly don't want their readers so reminded. The Sunday Tribune tried to be a low IQ version of the Gruaniad with this and other such stories but it finally went out of business. The Irish Times also has had a bit of a management change and Madam has been retired. Only two newspapers seem to have emerged largely unscathed and they took a lot of flack from the happy-clappies at the time over doing some decent journalism on the story.
Very, very true.

Sure the national broadcaster had a program about scamela. It was produced by mr Philip Boucher Hayes.

The 'investigative journalism' left an awful lot to be desired and after the true facts came out about Pamela using forged documents, the whole thing was swept under the carpet.

jmcc

Very, very true.

Sure the national broadcaster had a program about scamela. It was produced by mr Philip Boucher Hayes.
The noted expert on the Nigerian Telephone Directory. :) It was more than one programme though. The irony of RTE broadcasting a programme entitled "Would You Believe?" featuring Pamela was obviously lost on RTE management.

The 'investigative journalism' left an awful lot to be desired and after the true facts came out about Pamela using forged documents, the whole thing was swept under the carpet.
The problem with the Irish media is that it has too many 'commentators' and not enough journalists.

Druidess

Video: Female genital mutilation: Nigerian asylum seeker faces deportation from Ireland

Says here that "The court found Ms Izevbekhai and her husband were financially and socially privileged in Nigeria with a villa, three cars and house help and they could protect their children."

Typical asylum seekers in Ireland of Nigerian origin, privileged.

And not once but twice were false documents produced...

Quite a number of prominent people got behind scamela and were consequently made to look very foolish indeed, not least of whom is Minister Shatter.

No wonder large sections of our media would rather this affair was no longer discussed...

Druidess

The noted expert on the Nigerian Telephone Directory. :) It was more than one programme though. The irony of RTE broadcasting a programme entitled "Would You Believe?" featuring Pamela was obviously lost on RTE management.

The problem with the Irish media is that it has too many 'commentators' and not enough journalists.
Mr Boucher Hayes if I remember correctly whilst being interviewed on the matter hinted about alleged state oppression as the excuse for why the doctor said the documents were false, (Nigerian AND Irish) and became extremely defensive when asked how exactly he got ms izevbekhais gynaecologists details....some investigative journalist he is. Just another overpaid, underworked leftist pontificating about leftism and masquerading as a journalist.

Spirit Of Newgrange

how would Shatter feel if Pamela sold some of that heroin to his kids ? ...I don't expect he thought so far forwards ?

Racist

Caption this: Alan Shatter says Goodbye to Pamela Izevbekhai at Dublin Airport

Alan:
I will make these Irish pay for deporting you...

Pamela:
How?

Alan:
By making every bogus asylum seeker an Irish citizen.

Last edited:

rapparree

Alan:

Well Pamela -sorry about this - I did all I could for you but no one would buy it...

Pamela:

But what will I do for a living when I get home to Nigeria?

Alan:

Why Pamela - go into Politics - you would be Brilliant at it!:cool:

wait, you forgot your citizenship

Ethan Edwards

Alan: Look Pam! I have given so many citizenship at this point you must be able to piggy back in on one of those.

Catalpast

Very, very true.

The very same er journalist

- who now claims to be unearthing the 'truth' about the Tuam Babies!!!!:shock:

Perhaps he ought to explain this Fiasco 1st?:oops:

kerdasi amaq

Pamela, "So sorry, it had to end, but, thanks for all the dosh".

Alan,"Same to you, Pamela, same to you."

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies