Cardinal George Pell convicted of sexually abusing choirboys

Catalpast

Nothing on the Antipodean News sites

- does mention that Pope Francis has removed him from his advisory panel though

Secret Trials - in Australia?

China maybe...:confused2:

Disabled student

The Vatican especially the cardinals who think they are immune from their diplomatic priviliges.

The Vatican knew about the sexual abuses by priests for decades as they sat on the abuses files and did nothing. It's all about the damage limitation exercise and protection of their financial assets at the expense of the abused kids/adults.

All bluff about their canon law is nigh. Canon law only applies to the internal workings of the church just like rules at work only pertain to the workplace itself. It's time that high ranking priests/bishops/cardinals be tried in courts except Ireland for their cover up and inaction and moving predatory priests from parish to parish until found out.

Once you go after their monies then their behaviour would change. It's money and absolute power that governs their mindset all along.

Don't trust the Vatican even their cheap words doesn't cut it. Pope Francis words are cheap as his actions defines it cos due to lack of his real action on the abused kids.

Catalpast

The Vatican especially the cardinals who think they are immune from their diplomatic priviliges.

The Vatican knew about the sexual abuses by priests for decades as they sat on the abuses files and did nothing. It's all about the damage limitation exercise and protection of their financial assets at the expense of the abused kids/adults.

All bluff about their canon law is nigh. Canon law only applies to the internal workings of the church just like rules at work only pertain to the workplace itself. It's time that high ranking priests/bishops/cardinals be tried in courts except Ireland.

Once you go after their monies then their behaviour would change. It's money and absolute power that governs their mindset all along
Yet each Man is entitled to his Good Name until proven otherwise...

We have just seen Father Wilson released from detention last week after his conviction was overturned in a clear case of Miscarriage of Justice

I hope we are not look at another one...:cautious:

Disabled student

We have just seen Father Wilson released from detention last week after his conviction was overturned in a clear case of Miscarriage of Justice

Yes i am aware of some few good priests. But the institutional school that i went to , taught me not to trust the church whatsoever especially leaders, superiors,high ranking priests not even their crocodile tears. They have known abuses for decades and did nothing.

I know one priest who broke the confessional seal and fondled school girl's vagina in the confession box. The nuns believed that priest but not 14 years old deaf schoolgirl just because he was a priest which isnt good enough.Hence their deference was the problem.

Knew one who was sexually abusing deaf boys for some 40 years as i didn't know that when i first came into school. Then i avoided him cos i had seen him doing to other boys at night. Then i heard from very eldery deaf man that he was sexually abused by that same man which shocked me cos the numbers of years he was in that school until i entered that school.

One thing is clear for me personally i don't ever trust the church especially the higher ups the more you go up the ladder the more corrupted that you would be. They just knew and kept shut their mouths and moved their finances at the expense of sexually abused kids.

JemmyR

Nothing on the Antipodean News sites

- does mention that Pope Francis has removed him from his advisory panel though

Secret Trials - in Australia?

China maybe...:confused2:
"Little is known about the nature of the charges on which Cardinal Pell has been condemned because the entire trial and a second trial that has yet to take place are covered by a strict suppression order issued by the presiding judge, Peter Kidd. The order prohibits reporting on the case in any of the country’s media until the second trial has taken place to avoid prejudicing his case in both instances. The judge has prohibited the publication of the number of complainants in either of the two trials as well as the number and nature of the charges, except for the fact that the charges relate to “historical child sexual offenses.” "
Cardinal Pell, top advisor to Pope Francis, found guilty of ‘historical sexual offenses’ | America Magazine

Old Mr Grouser

It does not seem to have been reported in the Irish media yet, but Cardinal George Pell has been convicted in Australia of sexually abusing choirboys-
Cardinal George Pell Convicted Of Sexually Abusing Choir Boys

The jury deliberated for three days before giving a unanimous "Guilty" verdict.
It was a jury's decision, and in Australia the RCC's name stinks to High Heaven. And quite rightly.

But it's a very peculiar situation.

I hate the RCC (the pagan institution, that is) but you do have to wonder if Pell was given a fair Trial.

Little is known about the nature of the charges on which Cardinal Pell has been condemned because the entire trial and a second trial that has yet to take place are covered by a strict suppression order issued by the presiding judge, Peter Kidd.

The order prohibits reporting on the case in any of the country’s media until the second trial has taken place to avoid prejudicing his case in both instances.

The judge has prohibited the publication of the number of complainants in either of the two trials as well as the number and nature of the charges, except for the fact that the charges relate to “historical child sexual offenses.”

Cardinal Pell, top advisor to Pope Francis, found guilty of ‘historical sexual offenses’ | America Magazine
So now we know where the term 'Kangaroo Court' comes from.

View attachment 1305

It's always difficult to assemble a Defence against an ancient allegation (which is why many Jurisdictions have Statutes of Limitations) and Pell's age,77, would again have been a handicap in the long lead-up to the trial and then during the trial.

wombat

A jury's verdict can't be appealed. It has to be based on a point of law regarding how the trial was conducted.

Catalpast

It's strange that it isn't even mentioned in Irish news nor bbc news. However it showed up in other news outlets such as this-

Cardinal Pell found guilty of sex abuse, expected to appeal, reports say | National Catholic Reporter
The trial, the specific charges, the testimony and almost all other details involving the accusations against the 77-year-old cardinal are covered by a court-issued "super injunction," which forbids all media in Australia from reporting on it.

It reads like something from a Communist Dictatorship in the Cold War!:confused2:

What 'sources'? - none are named!

Pell has been an important and, at times, polarizing figure in Australia. Supporters say his opposition to abortion and gay marriage have made him many enemies, and they believe that while he was archbishop of Melbourne he was the first bishop in the country to proactively address the clergy sex abuse issue.

Ah - now I get it!

amsterdemmetje

Goodman Cattlepest keep up the good work defending convicted rapists and sexual abusers wouldn't expect anything less from you .

PBP voter

It was a jury's decision, and in Australia the RCC's name stinks to High Heaven. And quite rightly.

But it's a very peculiar situation.

I hate the RCC (the pagan institution, that is) but you do have to wonder if Pell was given a fair Trial.

So now we know where the term 'Kangaroo Court' comes from.

View attachment 1305

It's always difficult to assemble a Defence against an ancient allegation (which is why many Jurisdictions have Statutes of Limitations) and Pell's age,77, would again have been a handicap in the long lead-up to the trial and then during the trial.
No Catholic can get a fair trial in Australia.

Its a very anti Catholic place.

Buchaill Dana

Not an opinion a fact, here's another fact, if you cant see that Cattlepest is anything but a defender of RC rapists and sexual deviants then you are either deliberately blind to it because you are the same yourself SR or you just get off doing nothing but looking for rows across any thread you are on.Probably both knowing your form.
Eh? Who p1ssed on your cornflakes

Paddyc

Not an opinion a fact, here's another fact, if you cant see that Cattlepest is anything but a defender of RC rapists and sexual deviants then you are either deliberately blind to it because you are the same yourself SR or you just get off doing nothing but looking for rows across any thread you are on.Probably both knowing your form.
If Pell was named Mukhtar and was an imam, we know what their reaction would be.

The reason the Court has kept the judgment as in camera as it has is to ensure that Pell gets a fair hearing on the next set of child abuse allegations he's being tried for.

Catalpast wants him to get a fair trial, doesn't he?

Amended to remove erroneous reference to Buchaill Dana

Last edited:

Emily Davison

Your concern for the abuser are interesting. Any word for the victims you callous man.

Emily Davison

A jury's verdict can't be appealed. It has to be based on a point of law regarding how the trial was conducted.

Your worry for the abuser appealing 12 posts in is noted.

Emily Davison

The trial, the specific charges, the testimony and almost all other details involving the accusations against the 77-year-old cardinal are covered by a court-issued "super injunction," which forbids all media in Australia from reporting on it.

It reads like something from a Communist Dictatorship in the Cold War!:confused2:

What 'sources'? - none are named!

Pell has been an important and, at times, polarizing figure in Australia. Supporters say his opposition to abortion and gay marriage have made him many enemies, and they believe that while he was archbishop of Melbourne he was the first bishop in the country to proactively address the clergy sex abuse issue.

Ah - now I get it!
Quick, look over there everybody. Are you seriously trying to make such an outragious link. Do you actually believe this kind of stuff. You are an enabler, that's why the likes of an evil sexual deviant like Pell get away with it for so long.