Cardinal George Pell convicted of sexually abusing choirboys

Shpake

It's the Vatican even the pope who probably knew one way or another re Pell and other serial sex abusers.They are corrupted and devious knowing that they protected the church or man made church at the expense of poor suffering kids.

Their weasel and mealy mouth words even with cheap words of apologies even Francis himself won't wash. At the heart of the whole sordid affair is money and lust for power. Recall Fr Bertone ( i don't call him cardinal as he doesnt deserve one) with a spanking apartment which was renovated with no expense to spare. Misuse of funds could arise there.

Ex JPII couldnt expel Marciel cos he needed the money. Pope Francis needed Carrick for money that is because he couldn't strip Carrick re red hat. Francis had known it all along before it blew up per Vigano. To the Vatican,popes,cardinals, it's all about money and lust for power.

Gay parties at Cardinal apartment in the Vatican, calvi murder, death of JPI etc as i could go on-It only demonstrated that the Vatican along with Cardinals,high ranking priests who supported Francis and previous popes was/is totally morally and ethically corrupted. It's more than the corruption as they dared it with impunity and two fingers to the public especially catholics.

Don't believe that Pell was set up as it's sickening to see the story on swimming pool and Pell. No surprises there as it happened before in my time. Remembered seeing one article that Pell was power hungry and his goal was the pope as i can't rem where the article is.

Hope that states in USA start RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO) on US bishops and the Vatican as well. Hope that is a start or first step.
Where's that story about the swimming pool? I did a google and (in the link) it seems that his lawyers could rebut it.
also something about a cinema incident which was also rebutted.
Very uncomfortable situation.. like walking on the ridge of a sloped roof. If he's found innocent (but if the opposite is the case) enormous pain and frustration is caused to the victims. Likewise something similar if he's found guilty (but the opposite is the case.
There should be some explanation as to when and why the witnesses/ accusers decided to come foreward so late in the day. Is it because Pell had a strategy of delaying and denying or what?

Disabled student

Where's that story about the swimming pool? I did a google and (in the link) it seems that his lawyers could rebut it.
also something about a cinema incident which was also rebutted.
Very uncomfortable situation.. like walking on the ridge of a sloped roof. If he's found innocent (but if the opposite is the case) enormous pain and frustration is caused to the victims. Likewise something similar if he's found guilty (but the opposite is the case.
There should be some explanation as to when and why the witnesses/ accusers decided to come foreward so late in the day. Is it because Pell had a strategy of delaying and denying or what?
See the link here re swimming pool as it seems that 2nd trial next year refers to that.

Cardinal George Pell convicted on sex abuse charges in Australia..

The problem was that sex abused victims weren't believed in the first place. So they didn't bother coming forward until very late. Also not ready to tell all etc cos of their quite fragile mind caused by abuses over the years.

Most sex abusers especially the religious have a policy or a strategy of deny deny deny until they are blue in the face or caught out at the end with strong corroborative evidence. Think they were advised by their legal advisors.

benroe

The Australian courts are sending a strong message that the scales of Justice will be balanced.

Ur takin de Pizz now!

The Ozzie legal eagles are sending a strong message that those who have independent minds & speak out

- will be taken down....

Never has the term 'Kangaroo Court' been more apt than here....:frown:
Couldn't be much fun being a catholic these days, having to defend child rapists and the organisation that tried to cover it up. Still you had your day, you could laud your pompous self-righteous myth based bullsh1t and expect the gullible ignorant masses to respect your moral ravings and leave helpless women ,hapless gay men and innocent children to live out their lives in nightmarish despair from being touched by the depravity of the disgusting organisation that is the Catholic Church.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Something fairly startling to suggest to many catholics but I think appropriate is that you can still be a catholic and not be very keen on the heirarchy and priesthood.

It is perfectly possible to be catholic and take no notice of the official catholic church at all- and given what we've seen over the past 15 to 20 years it may also be an advisable course to take.

After all I don't believe there are any passages in any version of the xtian bibles/scrolls that outline there has to be a hierarchy of priests and/or nuns. Even in catholic history those are purely human secretariat inventions. And as for the notion that mr jesus wanted all those involved in that secretariat to be child-free and celibate well there again the official church can't point to anything in scripture that indicates mr jesus or extended family requested or ordered that.

It wouldn't be the first iteration of the hierarchy of that organisation to be corrupt beyond belief. So in an unusual move, perhaps, for those catholics disgused by their church I can offer some comfort- you always have the option to live yourself by your understanding of what catholicism is but you don't have to pay much attention to the princes and princesses of the official church.

In fact there is quite a lot of evidence which indicates they have been of that opinion themselves for quite some time and in failing to check what is and isn't in the official rules that they've become corrupt and therefore deserve to be ignored.

Somewhere where catholic and atheists can agree, I'd suggest.

Catalpast

Couldn't be much fun being a catholic these days, having to defend child rapists and the organisation that tried to cover it up. Still you had your day, you could laud your pompous self-righteous myth based bullsh1t and expect the gullible ignorant masses to respect your moral ravings and leave helpless women ,hapless gay men and innocent children to live out their lives in nightmarish despair from being touched by the depravity of the disgusting organisation that is the Catholic Church.
Where have I defended 'child rapists'?:rolleyes2:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Surprise, surprise. Cattlepriest appears as if by clockwork. No doubt to condemn the churchman convicted in court of crimes which bring the cloth into disrepute.

davidcameron

Oh come off it - there are numerous incidents of people facing 2nd trails on all kinds of offenses where this kind of Censorship is not imposed
The Sunday Times disagrees with you.
The reason for the Pell gagging order is that he faces a second set of charges involving allegations of historical child sexual abuse next year. The court argued that publication could prejudice a fair trial.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
While I do not like this assumption either in Ireland or Australia that juries are so hapless as to be unable to separate one issue from evidence they hear on another and feel that this is an arrogance not unusual in the judicial arena, I have to say that it is something of a pleasant change not to have to put up with the usual little chisel of St Bongo trying to chip away at evidence given or reporting by the usual angels of the lord around here who cannot deal with the notion of a priest at whatever level being guilty of any crime.

It gets a bit tedious and we are at least temporarily spared the attempts to persuade us by a fellow down the road of the failings of the Australian court system, evidential system, automated unreliability of any witness giving evidence against a cardinal, the 1960s, the Rolling Stones, Vatican II, 3 year old Lolitas tempting priests trained to resist the blandishments of mr satan himself... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Killpatrick

Don't shoot the messenger. Some bad news coming in of DC.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Old Mr Grouser

The whole circus around your pal, antipope Francis, is unravelling.
That's what I'd like to think, but I doubt it.

It seems to me that there's still a bloody big cover-up.

'The whole circus' would to include the whole 'mafia network', the politicians and others that are likely to have benefited from shadowy links to the Roman Catholic Church.

I'm all for senior clergy being pursued for having facilitated the sex-crimes of priests but why are there no similar demands for action against the politicians and public officials who allowed such things to go on?

It's generally accepted that the Vatican has surreptitiously funded some of the political parties in Italy.

Why is nobody asking if they haven't been doing the same thing elsewhere; for example,in Ireland, the USA, Australia.

Listen to this man -

[video=youtube;kHINcgfwJls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHINcgfwJls&t=11s[/video]

Catalpast

Catalpast

Sources say that five counts of sexual abuse were allegedly committed by Pell against the two choristers immediately following a 10:30 a.m. Sunday Mass in Melbourne’s cathedral. Pell is accused of abusing both choir members in the same incident.
Only one of the alleged victims was present in court to give evidence against Pell. The other alleged victim, according a 2017 report from The Australian newspaper The Age, died of a drug overdose in 2014.
Before his death, the deceased man reportedly told his mother at least twice that he had not been a victim of sexual abuse. The other former choir member reportedly told the deceased man’s mother only after the man died that both had been abused by Pell, The Age reported, citing a 2017 book on Pell by journalist Louise Milligan.

If true this is absolutely staggering and points strongly to a stitch up!

So it looks like the ONLY evidence against Cardinal Pell is that of one individual [we know not who he is] with no corroborating witnesses...

This is clearly a Mistrial and cannot be considered the application of Justice!