Cardinal Pell associate banned from preaching in Ireland over abuse allegations

Old Mr Grouser

Wonder how many of these 'celebrets' are hanging around in files made out in names that later became notorious? ...

Bit of a potential hangman of a form for certain bishops these 'celebrets' I would have thought. Especially if they are signed and dated.
There were further developments in Australia.

When Fr Walshe returned to his parish a group of concerned parents resumed their protests.

Father Walshe then resigned his post.

A news-report states, "Catholic Archbishop Denis Hart called for Father John Walshe's resignation long before the controversial priest stepped down, a spokesman for the Melbourne archdiocese has confirmed" - Archbishop wanted controversial priest Father John Walshe to resign 'weeks ago'

"long before!!" So - 1. - Why has he been kept in the parish? - and, - 2. - W was he ever given a Celebret?

stopdoingstuff

There were further developments in Australia.

When Fr Walshe returned to his parish a group of concerned parents resumed their protests.

Father Walshe then resigned his post.

A news-report states, "Catholic Archbishop Denis Hart called for Father John Walshe's resignation long before the controversial priest stepped down, a spokesman for the Melbourne archdiocese has confirmed" - Archbishop wanted controversial priest Father John Walshe to resign 'weeks ago'

"long before!!" So - 1. - Why has he been kept in the parish? - and, - 2. - W was he ever given a Celebret?
3. Is there a network of queer priests in the Catholic church?

stopdoingstuff

Very likely there is.

Everywhere I've worked there's been a squad of homosexuals, and they would always stick together.

And most organisations have ways that they can handle that and still keep everyone happy.

The RCCs problem is that it hasn't been able to do that.
I don't know if it is possible to handle a lobby who are fundamentally opposed to the rules of an organisation, assuming there is such a lobby. It is a tough one. I do not oppose gay priests as such. I do oppose a gay lobby though. Is it possible to have one without the other?

Old Mr Grouser

I don't know if it is possible to handle a lobby who are fundamentally opposed to the rules of an organisation, assuming there is such a lobby. It is a tough one.

I do not oppose gay priests as such. I do oppose a gay lobby though. Is it possible to have one without the other?
It must be nowhere near as tough as dealing with alcoholic clergy; there are a lot of them about as well,and they're always a very big risk.

There are gays, and groups of gays, but it doesn't follow that there's are Gay Lobbies. I've never heard of any Alcoholic Lobby. And there's not the slightest hint in this present case of any Lobby.

These sorts of problems are what Donald Palmer calls Normal Organisational Wrongdoing.

They're nothing special.

Any big company has to deal with these things every day.

There are parts of one of his Books here, and you can see what he means.

And he's also the narrator in this video -

[video=youtube;uDl2MDIs4gc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDl2MDIs4gc[/video]

It was a team led by Donald Palmer that produced the Report just published by by the Australian Royal Commission - The role of organisational culture in child sexual abuse n institutional contexts - it's available for download in PDF or Word.

Last edited:

Top Bottom