Cardinal tipped to be next Pope 'Muslims want to eradicate Christianity'

silverharp

You don't normally see the Catholic Church come out punching these days, is there a new trend afoot?

Potential Pope Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn says Muslims will take over Europe | World | News | Daily Express

Austrian Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn gave the unexpected warning on Sunday during a special celebration for the Church festival "Holy Name of Mary".

According to the Archdiocese of Vienna, the Cardinal said: "Will there be an Islamic conquest of Europe? Many Muslims want that and say: Europe is at its end."

He asked God to have mercy on Europe and to show mercy to its people, which he said "are in danger of forfeiting our Christian heritage."

Cardinal Schoenborn, who is also the Archbishop of Vienna, explained that people could already feel this loss, "not only economically, but above all, in human and religious matters."

The statement by the Carnival came as many places across Austria have been commemorating the 333th anniversary of the Battle of Vienna.

During the battle in 1683, combined Christian forces defeated over 100,000 soldiers from the Ottoman Empire.

The battle was fought by the Habsburg Monarchy, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire against the invading Muslim Ottoman Empire.

hollandia

Had to laugh at Richard Dawkins' odds being 666/1...

Skypeme

that would be an ecumenical matter
The warning given by Cardinal Schoenborn in the report you highlight in your OP, if it's correctly reported and I have no reason to believe it's not, may reflect a truth largely ignored.

The same paper carries a further report on the activities of "Young Turks" in another part of Europe.

Turkey's call to Europe for the lifting of visa restrictions should be firmly resisted.

Dame_Enda

Cardinal Walter Kasper would be my choice of Pope as hes relatively liberal.

The key to the recovery of the Church is liberal reform on moral values based on modern biblical interpretations - not ones stuck in an age here the Church believed the world was flat. The emphasis should be on the New Testament because Christ didn't have the punitive and violent attitudes of the Old Testament 'prophets'.

Saying that I'm.sceptical of organised religion.

Saying that I sympathise with Cardinal Schonbronns views on Islam.

Last edited:

Clanrickard

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Personally I'd like to see xtianity, islam and judaism eliminated from Europe. A nice secular continent. With shagpile carpet from Trieste to Stettin. And perhaps some nice curtains. And window-boxes maybe.

I think it is about time we militant secularists got to do some oppressing and jihad-ing and so on. Ecumenicalism to me means dangling the priest, the imam and the rabbi in the same breeze.

We'd all be a lot better off.

redneck

High times this was said. It is shocking that Christians are persecuted in Islam countries yet many in the West stand by and say nothing.
Christians are also persecuted in Communist countries like China and Vietnam aswell as some Muslim countries. But hey do the "Pink brigade" on Politics.ie care? North Korea is top.
Karl Marx - founder of Communism- declared religion is the opium of the People. Karl Marx was a German Jew. I personally think a combination of militant Islam and the Secularism is the threat.
Finally the vast country of India is also in the top 20 countries where Christians are not to welcome.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/persecution/2016/06/24/crackdown-on-christians-in-vietnam

redneck

redneck

Hopefully Cardinal Burke will be the next Pope. An Irish American who speaks fluent English and understands the threats to Europe and America.

gerhard dengler

Hopefully Cardinal Burke will be the next Pope. An Irish American who speaks fluent English and understands the threats to Europe and America.
Cardinal Burke is a very wise man and a man of God.

I might be wrong but I'd be very surprised if he had sufficient support with the current Conclave.

The Field Marshal

He'd be better than the current PeeCee idiot.
Unfortunately pope Francis seems utterly clueless concerning the dangers posed by Islamic jihadism.

Mind you Irelands own government too in ferrying some of these people across the meditteranean seem oblivious to the dangers.

Last of all the current clown government of Germany shows an open door.

Read more at: Pope Francis's Wishful Thinking on Jihad | National Review
It’s comforting to believe that jihadist Islam isn’t true Islam. It’s comforting to believe that addressing economic inequality or improving standards of living will solve the persistent problem of jihadist violence. It’s comforting, but it’s wrong. Jihad goes back to the founding of the Muslim faith, and I daresay that there will never be a generation of people who face an Islam entirely free of its influence. The church used to understand these facts. It must once again open its eyes to ancient truth

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
'Kill them all. And let whichever one of their gods is the right one sort among them'.

Don't mind me lads.

I'm just working my way through a possible manifesto for the secular crusade in Europe to eliminate all religious sects generally.

Trampas

The church used to understand these facts.

Indeed it did. Here is the influential Bishop Fulton Sheen .........

Today (1950), the hatred of the Moslem countries against the West is becoming hatred against Christianity itself. Although the statesmen have not yet taken it into account, there is still grave danger that the temporal power of Islam may return and, with it, the menace that it may shake off a West which has ceased to be Christian, and affirm itself as a great anti-Christian world Power.

The Field Marshal

Personally I'd like to see xtianity, islam and judaism eliminated from Europe. A nice secular continent. With shagpile carpet from Trieste to Stettin. And perhaps some nice curtains. And window-boxes maybe.

I think it is about time we militant secularists got to do some oppressing and jihad-ing and so on. Ecumenicalism to me means dangling the priest, the imam and the rabbi in the same breeze.

You truly are a vile & evil individual.

Not content with advocating the murder of children in the womb you now call publicly for the murder of all religious priests,rabbis, immams.

Obviously then your real intent is to call for the murder of all persons who hold religious views of any description.

We'd all be a lot better off.
I can only conclude when you use the word we in that context that you deem yourself in league with some Satanic murderous and hate fuelled cult that wants to kill and murder anything that opposes it.

I hope the police are monitoring this site as persons like you represent a very real danger to all civilized values.

I will also be reporting your post to the moderators for your clear deliberate use of dangerous hate speech that targets specific groups.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies