• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Carers Association: protest on Tuesday, 11th December 2012, 1 pm, at Dail.

Ramon Mercadar

Notice: protest on Tuesday, 11th December 2012

The Carers Association will protest outside Leinster House at 1pm on Tuesday 11th Decmber.

The Carers Association welcomes the broad strategy adopted in regard to social protection expenditure in this budget.
However, we are extremely disappointed with the level of reduction of over 19% in the respite grant paid to over 77,000 family carers, 20,000 of whom receive no other support from the state for providing full-time care for a family member from their own resources. The grant is used by carers to buy in home care or pay for residential respite care for the cared for person in order to give the carer a much needed break from their caring role. Despite working 7 days a week, 365 days a year carers are entitled to no holidays and no breaks. This grant goes some way towards allowing this. Other carers use the grant to pay bills.
Other changes that will impact negatively on family carers in today’s budget include the reduction in telephone allowance, electricity allowance, the increase in prescription charges from 50 cent to € 1.50 per perscription and the increase in the drug payment scheme threshold from €132 to €144 per month. ...
http://www.carersireland.com/mediacentre_pressreleases.php

Radix

Well holy cow, pull the udder one.

A Ramon Mercadar thread about caring.

The ice caps will melt, I tell you.

Ramon Mercadar

You really are just a troll.

dunno

This cut isn't nice. Carers were hardly swimming in money.

ger12

I remain shocked and sickened that "protecting core weekly payments" as Joanie put it, was justification for targeting carers.

That a portion of carers are women caring for their children, many as lone parents who also face a reduction in children's allowances, now have to suffer at the hands of a Labour Minister while wealthy pensioners and parents across this State will continue to receive payments that they could easily do without is simply baffling.

I just don't get it. :mad:

turdsl

I remain shocked and sickened that "protecting core weekly payments" as Joanie put it, was justification for targeting carers.

That a portion of carers are women caring for their children, many as lone parents who also face a reduction in children's allowances, now have to suffer at the hands of a Labour Minister while wealthy pensioners and parents across this State will continue to receive payments that they could easily do without is simply baffling.

I just don't get it. :mad:
Very hard to understand, only 26 million involved,

Gilmore, Quinn and Rabbitte have now brought Burton
down to their level as far as the weaker sections are concerned.

Why did Labour allow this.,?

southwestkerry

I'll be on the 7.20am to Dublin on the morning to make it their.
SWK

Clanrickard

He is behind every march it seems. How does he earn a living?

And So I Said

He is behind every march it seems. How does he earn a living?
Unfair Clanrickard. I am one of the people helping organise the the protest. I would have set up a thread about it but RM kindly started it before I had the chance.

I am pro-life and disagree with him on many things.

And So I Said

€325 decrease in the carer's grant on top of a €1.50 charge for prescriptions on the medical card will hurt families who care for elderly and sick family members at home. The respite care is often the only relief family members have from the physically and emotionally draining work of caring for their loved ones within the home.

lying eyes

The only way for this type of action to be stopped is for the grass roots of Labour to let the Party know, that this is not on.

venusian

You should be asking why is the current membership of "labour" allowing this, the party members, the younger TD's and so on.

Remember the loathsome Rabbitte's, Gilmore's, Quinn's etc. are demonstrably political liars and career politicians, their way is FF's way as they are continuing to enact all of the FFer's austerity policies. They will be collecting their pensions soon so they are very content to tell the electorate to go and £uck themselves because they do not give a damn as long as the unsecured bond holders, banksters and their cronies are well looked after by them

If the "labour" T.D.'s don't get their act together now and vote in the rest of the piece of crap budget they will correctly eviscerated in the next election.

How they can look at themselves in the mirror in the morning and then go out and justify their wilful attack on the weakest in society and defend it to their faces I don’t know, a new low in Irish politics for any political party

ger12

Labour Youth have fudged the issue so far.
Shame on them. FFS, a budget that steps on vulnerable women and children. I just can't get my head around it.

venusian

Shame on them. FFS, a budget that steps on vulnerable women and children. I just can't get my head around it.
Are they completely controlled by their Young FG masters then? Obviously looks like it, the little lick arses

olamp

You should be asking why is the current membership of "labour" allowing this, the party members, the younger TD's and so on.

Remember the loathsome Rabbitte's, Gilmore's, Quinn's etc. are demonstrably political liars and career politicians, their way is FF's way as they are continuing to enact all of the FFer's austerity policies. They will be collecting their pensions soon so they are very content to tell the electorate to go and £uck themselves because they do not give a damn as long as the unsecured bond holders, banksters and their cronies are well looked after by them

If the "labour" T.D.'s don't get their act together now and vote in the rest of the piece of crap budget they will correctly eviscerated in the next election.

How they can look at themselves in the mirror in the morning and then go out and justify their wilful attack on the weakest in society and defend it to their faces I don’t know, a new low in Irish politics for any political party
We are waiting in the long grass -Labour will be HISTORY after the next election.

Ramon Mercadar

Maybe our Ramon is paid to not earn a living :)
You are either a moron or you back the cuts. Who else would try to derail this thread?