• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Caroline Simons a Pro Lifer who tells lies and gets caught

Mr. Magpie

Why is it that those who seek to pontificate to us about morals seem to themselves be lacking in moral fibre?

An Easy Thing To Forget | Broadsheet.ie

Caroline Simons of the Pro-Life campaign told the Joint Committe on Health and Children today that she was unaware of being in that pro-life video (below) broadcast on the American Christian channel EWTN.

Caroline Simons said:
In relation to EWTN. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m sorry I can’t help you with that one”
I wasn’t aware that I was on it. I don’t know any agents of the culture of death, I hope. Certainly they haven’t introduced themselves to me

More Pro Lies | Broadsheet.ie
Now it has emerged, she appeared on an hour-long edition of ‘Sunday Night Prime’ on EWTN at the end of April 2012.

As is usually the case with people of her ilk, I'm fairly sure she justifies it with some manure about the greater good being served.

Hat tip to broadsheet.ie for exposing this liar.

Verhofstadt

Website
It would be remise of me not to remind younger readers of the fun times she had (along with several veterans of this parish) as the Libertas candidate in the 2009 Euro Election..

LIBERTAS’S main election spindoctor has described the party's failed Dublin candidate as “a psychotic bitch”.
Press officer John McGuirk has taken a parting shot at the demoralised party, saying that Caroline Simons was the “worst candidate ever”.
Spindoctor calls Libertas poll failure Simons ‘psychotic bitch’ - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Caroline Simons.. the gift that just keeps giving.

FakeViking

On MI a few weeks ago she named a person who had committed suicide in the UK, and detailed the method used. Live on radio. To her, this person's life was no more than a debating point. Some "pro-lifer", eh?

meriwether

Aah, Libertas.

Caroline, and the Polish nutcase anti-semites.

I miss Libertas.

Victor Meldrew

That is a great video.

A rogues gallery of far right Catholic nuts and worse.

It's great to see this sort of dross. Especially David Quinns assertion that our health system is the envy of the world.

Fine if you believe that death is no big deal and that dignity in life is over rated as we are all going to heaven.

But if you see life as more than a waiting room for the afterlife you might find our health system a bit wanting. Might.

Verhofstadt

Website
The well of talent in the Pro Life Campaign is obviously very dry.. very dry indeed.

Thank the good lord for our Caroline.

Victor Meldrew

The well of talent in the Pro Life Campaign is obviously very dry.. very dry indeed.

Thank the good lord for our Caroline.
Is it more that those who would speak may not be the best spokespeople. In part because the better know better than to be publicly associated with it.

Destiny's Soldier

Maybe Caroline Simons didn't know where it was being broadcast. How do you know she is lying?

I like Caroline Simons. She is one of the few female political commentators worth listening to.

She's articulate and intelligent and she's right on her position for protecting developing human beings.

As for the other nasty comments .. really they are irrelevant.

statsman

Laugh or cry? It's a toss-up, isn't it?

Clanrickard

Maybe Caroline Simons didn't know where it was being broadcast. How do you know she is lying?

I like Caroline Simons. She is one of the few female political commentators worth listening to.

She's articulate and intelligent and she's right on her position for protecting developing human beings.

I notice she tends to be the target of smears. Usually a sign that here arguments are difficult to rebut.

Spanner Island

It would be remise of me not to remind younger readers of the fun times she had (along with several veterans of this parish) as the Libertas candidate in the 2009 Euro Election..

(LIBERTAS’S main election spindoctor has described the party's failed Dublin candidate as “a psychotic bitch”.
Press officer John McGuirk has taken a parting shot at the demoralised party, saying that Caroline Simons was the “worst candidate ever”.
Spindoctor calls Libertas poll failure Simons ‘psychotic bitch’ - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie)

Spindoctor calls Libertas poll failure Simons ‘psychotic bitch’ - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Caroline Simons.. the gift that just keeps giving.
While I've little doubt John's claims about Caroline have some truth in them... John himself is a total a'hole too... imo...

They're both as bad as each other...

Their 'debating' technique seems to be to talk over everyone and motor mouth ad nauseum... although admittedly this does seem to be a common trait among those who pollute our airwaves and our media these days...

Mr. Magpie

She recently recorded an hour long TV special, it that not the kind of thing one might remember?

She may be articulate and intelligent, but so are plenty of nasty evil people.

Her word mastery does not make her lies, in anyway, acceptable.

Verhofstadt

Website

She's articulate and intelligent but does pieces to camera with no knowledge of what it will be used for?

hmm..

But hey.. if a conspiracy wingnut like yourself think she's worth listening to perhaps we should pay attention. Does she share your views on JFK, the moonlandings, 9-11, Obama's birthplace, Princess Di, Adam Lanza, too?

Perhaps you could get her on Alex Jones radio show..

With defenders like you she's on to a winner.

Verhofstadt

Website
I notice she tends to be the target of smears. Usually a sign that here arguments are difficult to rebut.
Keep telling yourself that.

Alternatively head towards the conspiracy dimension that Destiny lives in and you can blame the illuminati.

statsman

Calling this a 'lie' assumes she is able to know the difference. Such people believe anything they choose to believe, at any given moment, is true by definition.
Are you suggesting that the good lady lives on a mental reservation?

Have we not finally had enough of the 'I have no recollection' defence? Has there ever been a state in history where collective amnesia was more prevalent amongst public figures? Anyone who tries to pull that one now deserves nothing but public mockery.