Carphone Warehouse: 'We're Pro Choice' - now appearing on Dublin's Buses - Right or Wrong?

Catalpast

Noticed down in Blanch Centre today a bus go by with this slogan on it:

Carphone Warehouse: 'We're Pro Choice'

Carphone Warehouse. We Compare You Save - Carphone Warehouse, Ireland

And so it begins - Foreign Corporate interests put their time and money into interfering in Irish internal affairs

As we saw in the Gay Marriage Referendum huge sums of corporate money will no doubt be ploughed into supporting

- the abolition to the Right to Life of the Unborn in the Irish Constitution

Personally I see this as somewhat sinister

International Companies openly taking sides in a Referendum in any State is not good for Democracy

What do others think?

If the Vatican buys add space on the side of the 46A saying 'We are Pro Life' I am sure their would be howls of protest from the usual quarters!

Addendum:

Carphone Warehouse is a British mobile phone retailer, with over 2,400 stores across Europe. It trades as Carphone Warehouse in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and as Phone House elsewhere.

The company has been a subsidiary of Dixons Carphone since 7 August 2014, which was formed by the merger of its former parent Carphone Warehouse Group with Dixons Retail. Carphone Warehouse Group was listed on the London Stock Exchange and was a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carphone_Warehouse

Truth.ie

It's outrageous that a religious bus driver should be forced to drive a bus with this message.

ruserious

The issue of abortion aside, the idea of a foreign company advertising a position (which has no business interest) on a domestic issue is quite disconcerting.

drummed

Guns and Bibles brigade need to rally the troops.

drummed

All the 'pro-lifers', especially the assorted Stalinists and Hitler fans, need to boycott mobile phones at once. In fact, how about boycotting any form of communication in protest?

4horsemen

Noticed down in Blanch Centre today a bus go by with this slogan on it:

Carphone Warehouse: 'We're Pro Choice'

Carphone Warehouse. We Compare You Save - Carphone Warehouse, Ireland

And so it begins - Foreign Corporate interests put their time and money into interfering in Irish internal affairs

As we saw in the Gay Marriage Referendum huge sums of corporate money will no doubt be ploughed into supporting

- the abolition to the Right to Life of the Unborn in the Irish Constitution

Personally I see this as somewhat sinister

International Companies openly taking sides in a Referendum in any State is not good for Democracy

What do others think?

If the Vatican buys add space on the side of the 46A saying 'We are Pro Life' I am sure their would be howls of protest from the usual quarters!

Addendum:

Carphone Warehouse is a British mobile phone retailer, with over 2,400 stores across Europe. It trades as Carphone Warehouse in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and as Phone House elsewhere.

The company has been a subsidiary of Dixons Carphone since 7 August 2014, which was formed by the merger of its former parent Carphone Warehouse Group with Dixons Retail. Carphone Warehouse Group was listed on the London Stock Exchange and was a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carphone_Warehouse
I don't want to deflate your righteous indignation but please confirm your are joking.

Catalpast

Great ads...job done.
Well it opens a Pandora's Box in terms of Corporate interest buying the result of any Election or Referendum

Did we see any of this in the recent Brexit poll in Britain?

Not that I can recall

Certainly individuals who were CEOs of Companies campaigned one way or the other

- and as citizens they were entitled to voice their opinion as much as the next man or woman

But I think we are being used as a test run to see how much can be got away with

Hopefully this will be nipped in the bud

Boycott any Company that tries this tactic

We are not for Sale!

Hewson

All the 'pro-lifers', especially the assorted Stalinists and Hitler fans, need to boycott mobile phones at once. In fact, how about boycotting any form of communication in protest?
Wherever did you get the Trump-like idea that being against infanticide made you a Bible- and gun-toting fascist?

ruserious

Wherever did you get the Trump-like idea that being against infanticide made you a Bible- and gun-toting fascist?
We have had many disagreements but what you say to him is correct. As you know, I would not exactly fit into a religious stereotype.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Guns and Bibles brigade need to rally the troops.
Maybe they should.

The SJW mob rallied their troops when it was found out that the CEO of a company had donated funds to a campaign that opposed gay marriage in the US.

He didn't even do it using company funds, but as soon as the SJW mob found out about his private donation they took it out on the company - threatening boycotts if he wasn't dismissed from his position.

4horsemen

The issue of abortion aside, the idea of a foreign company advertising a position (which has no business interest) on a domestic issue is quite disconcerting.
They are advertising the fact that Carphone Warehouse is the only High Street mobile phone shop that gives you a choice between network operators - hence they are Pro-Choice but I assumed this thread was being deliberately obtuse {now I'm not so sure}!

I hope we now get a rash of adverts from all sorts of enterprises that believe in the market option of Choice.

ruserious

They are advertising the fact that Carphone Warehouse is the only High Street mobile phone shop that gives you a choice between network operators - hence they are Pro-Choice but I assumed this thread was being deliberately obtuse {now I'm not so sure}!

I hope we now get a rash of adverts from all sorts of enterprises that believe in the market option of Choice.
So they are being deliberately vague in a matter that concerns the termination of life to sell phones.

Catalpast

Oh please!

You would want to be totally naïve to believe that!:roll:

Seriously go to the Link

It could not be more obvious

drummed

From the many advocates on here (don't know in your case I admit) who spend much time on threads denying the holocaust, offering snide admiration to Tyrants (Hitler, Stalin, Assad), screaming about immigrants who make a long sad journey in a creaky boats with their own infants (who but the utterly desperate would do that?) and assorted other who then discover how precious life actually is like some miraculous conversion when there's a hobby horse to flog.

Hey, i'm a cynic. Life is life. All life. No exceptions. No excuses. All capital punishment. All war. All cases everywhere all through history.

Too many of the faithful are selective for my comfort. Hey, that's just me. I'm just a cynic!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies