• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Casey Anthony got away with murder due to crappy IT guys in the Police Department

CptSternn

Casey Anthony detectives overlooked Google search - Yahoo! News

Investigators pulled 17 vague entries only from the computer's Internet Explorer browser, not the Mozilla Firefox browser commonly used by Casey Anthony. More than 1,200 Firefox entries, including the suffocation search, were overlooked.
Yes, the IT 'experts' at the Florida Sheriff's office didn't even know what Firefox was, so they completely ignored it in their search of her computer. She walked because they only checked the history cache in Internet Explorer. That's some good police work there sure!

On a related note, I had a friend of mine who was going through a nasty divorce recently whose ex-wife rang the Gards to tell them he was downloading films illegally. She actually swore out a complaint and the Gardai raided his home, taking away his computer. They gave it back to him a while later minus one thing, the CD-ROM drive. Yup, they had removed the CD-ROM drive and 'sent it to Dublin to be searched by the IT division there'. I shyte you not. A few days ago though he got the CD-ROM drive back, an Garda dropped it by his home and told him he was alright because they didn't find anything on it. :)

It seems across the globe the police are struggling to keep up with the most basic of IT skills. I mean, if the experts don't know the difference between a CD and hard drive nor do they know what Firefox is, I don't think the lads in Anonymous have much to worry about, at least not from any local law enforcement.

Last edited:

Paddyc

I heard about that Casey Anthony case, pretty shocking failure by the police there all right.

USER1234

Jesus, some crappy experts they have there, what a disgrace!!!!

realistic1

Yes, the IT 'experts' at the Florida Sheriff's office didn't even know what Firefox was, so they completely ignored it in their search of her computer. She walked because they only checked the history cache in Internet Explorer. That's some good police work there sure!

On a related note, I had a friend of mine who was going through a nasty divorce recently whose ex-wife rang the Gards to tell them he was downloading films illegally. She actually swore out a complaint and the Gardai raided his home, taking away his computer. They gave it back to him a while later minus one thing, the CD-ROM drive. Yup, they had removed the CD-ROM drive and 'sent it to Dublin to be searched by the IT division there'. I shyte you not. A few days ago though he got the CD-ROM drive back, an Garda dropped it by his home and told him he was alright because they didn't find anything on it. :)

It seems across the globe the police are struggling to keep up with the most basic of IT skills. I mean, if the experts don't know the difference between a CD and hard drive nor do they know what Firefox is, I don't think the lads in Anonymous have much to worry about, at least not from any local law enforcement.
and the scary thing is that law enforcement in the States would be streets ahead of our Gardai, technology wise.

Last edited:

Paddyc

I'd like to think that in a murder case, that a pc/laptop/table/smartphone would be properly forensically examined.

Unless of course, I was the one who committed the murder!

davidcameron

Just because someone in the house allegedly searched online for how to make chloroform doesn't mean that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. She was tried in a court of law and found not guilty of her daughter's murder.

MariaMcN

Horrible case but it's one of countless murder cases in a foreign country. It's relevance to Irish politics is ZERO.

ScreeOrTalus

Horrible case but it's one of countless murder cases in a foreign country. It's relevance to Irish politics is ZERO.
Forum -> General Discussion -> Foreign Affairs -> US Politics -> Casey Anthony got away with murder due to crappy IT guys in the Police Department

The OP is legitimate and interesting imho.

truthisfree

Maybe they did know what they were doing! :)

dunno

That you for the great laugh. I'm surprised the Guard's IT bucks can turn on a computer.

:D

CptSternn

Just because someone in the house allegedly searched online for how to make chloroform doesn't mean that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. She was tried in a court of law and found not guilty of her daughter's murder.
Casey Anthony investigation missed web search for suffocation in Caylee Anthony death | abc7chicago.com

Whoever conducted the Google search looked for the term "fool-proof suffication," misspelling "suffocation," and then clicked on an article about suicide that discussed taking poison and putting a bag over one's head.

The browser then recorded activity on the social networking site MySpace, which was used by Casey Anthony
So whoever it was logged in as her into her MySpace page after searching for SUFFOCATION and then looking at a few websites about poison and killing people.