Catholic priest spat at during Orange parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweenyTodd

Well posters on P.ie think it is cool to have gay sex on a Catholic Church's altar! so why not spit at a catholic priest?

Aren't we all nice Liberals now?

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

“The priest was spat upon. Spittle landed on the back of his head. He wiped it away. Another mouthful of thick spittle was spat into his eye socket. Again he wiped it away leaving his hand full of the vile liquid. He was then further insulted and lunged at by a man carrying a pole before police arrived to restore some kind of order."

Talking to parishioners outside his church and this happens?

Craigmore..

“The priest was spat upon. Spittle landed on the back of his head. He wiped it away. Another mouthful of thick spittle was spat into his eye socket. Again he wiped it away leaving his hand full of the vile liquid. He was then further insulted and lunged at by a man carrying a pole before police arrived to restore some kind of order."

Talking to parishioners outside his church and this happens?
Outraged so I am. You lot are only Catholic when it suits. #voteyes #herchoice

FOURGREENFIELDS

The non reaction of the Scottish cops doesn't surprise. Most of them are Masons, Orange Order sympathisers, Rangers fans and outright sectarian zealots. I have had first hand experience of these bigots.

Dame_Enda

White Trash behaviour from OO.

The OD

White Trash behaviour from OO.
White Thrash behaviour from some OO members?

As someone who attended an OO march in Glasgow, my own experience was quite positive. The people there seemed quite pleased that a Southern Irish person was interested enough to attend and mingle and were very welcoming so while I am sure there is a thug element, I would be of the view, based on personal experience, that it was certainly not the attitude and behaviour of the vast majority of those attending or taking part?

To be clear, I would hold very different views on a lot of issues than are held by the OO but my experience was not reflective of that.

What happened to the Priest was sheer thuggery and hopefully the person or persons responsible are charged, no need for that kind of attack on a person like that?

death or glory

White Thrash behaviour from some OO members?

As someone who attended an OO march in Glasgow, my own experience was quite positive. The people there seemed quite pleased that a Southern Irish person was interested enough to attend and mingle and were very welcoming so while I am sure there is a thug element, I would be of the view, based on personal experience, that it was certainly not the attitude and behaviour of the vast majority of those attending or taking part?

To be clear, I would hold very different views on a lot of issues than are held by the OO but my experience was not reflective of that.

What happened to the Priest was sheer thuggery and hopefully the person or persons responsible are charged, no need for that kind of attack on a person like that?
This wasn't carried out by a OO member or anyone on parade
From OP link
“The parade was passing the church at the time, however the assault was not believed to be carried out by someone taking part.
This was carried out by one of the Hangers on and will be condemned by Parade organisers.

Wascurito

I wonder would this have been allowed to happen in NI.

Newrybhoy

I wonder would this have been allowed to happen in NI.
Spitting on someone is assault. It is not "allowed" to happen but it happens every day.

/MOD : Thread closed and redirected to previous thread here/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies