• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Catholic Priest speaks at Kilmichael commemoration.

Eoin Coir

[video=youtube;48vUj6-_e70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=48vUj6-_e70[/video]

Video of a catholic priest speaking at the Kilmichael ambush site . Monsignor O Ceallachain is his name. Is it his place and that a priest of Holy Roman Catholic church to be glorifying such bloody deeds. He spouts rubbish as Gaeilge about the volunteers going in advance to a priest and having their confessions heard and getting absolution for deeds not yet committed ! No wonder the Church here is in such shíte.

Last edited:

Eoin Coir

before anyone jumps on me i have asked mods to rectify spelling of commemoration. Thats the worst of being up too early to say morning prayers and then be hit with that abomination of religion in Cork !

McTell

Twitter
No
It'll be many a long year before a buddhist says that prayer.

picador

[video=youtube;48vUj6-_e70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=48vUj6-_e70[/video]

Video of a catholic priest speaking at the Kilmichael ambush site . Monsignor O Ceallachain is his name. Is it his place and that a priest of Holy Roman Catholic church to be glorifying such bloody deeds. He spouts rubbish as Gaeilge about the volunteers going in advance to a priest and having their confessions heard and getting absolution for deeds not yet committed ! No wonder the Church here is in such shíte.
Good to see the Orange Order remains ever-vigilant. Keep it up, brother!

shutuplaura

Religion involved in military commemoration...Big feckin' yawn, you swear it never happens anywhere else. There are monumnets to British army soldiers in every C of I church I've ever been in, many honouring service on bloody imperial campaigns. If someone started a thread on that here they would be (rightly in my view) held up to total scorn by a section of the posters here.

I wonder if the priest hit the pub with the rest of them afterwards?

Levellers

There should be an inquiry into who invited the priest to such a glorious occasion.

Ulster-Lad

I would object to any religious nut job being asked to speak at any political commemoration.
Throughout history the two are intrinsically mixed.

realistic1

Fair play to him and good to see he is not embarrassed by Irelands past fight for freedom.

McTell

Twitter
No

potholedogger

If the war was just why would there be a need to confess the deeds of war as sins?

Eoin Coir

dont recall hearing this gentleman speak out about clerical child abuse. Is he in Cloyne diocese i wonder ?

Schomberg

I think it's fairly despicable that this thing gets any sort of commemoration to be honest, even looking at it from a rebel POV, it's one of those really ugly realities of a "war" that you'd rather forget. Still though, about the clip. 1. Notice the monument looks like shyt. Weeds growing up all around it. 2. The Gerry Adams books in the boot of a car was hilarious. 3. I've no idea what he said and I doubt most people there did either. Can anyone translate?

Estragon

I think it's fairly despicable that this thing gets any sort of commemoration to be honest...
But let's hold an annual whip around for jolly chaps who did Bloody Sunday?

Ulster-Lad

Schomberg

eoghanacht

I think it's fairly despicable that this thing gets any sort of commemoration to be honest, even looking at it from a rebel POV, it's one of those really ugly realities of a "war" that you'd rather forget. Still though, about the clip. 1. Notice the monument looks like shyt. Weeds growing up all around it. 2. The Gerry Adams books in the boot of a car was hilarious. 3. I've no idea what he said and I doubt most people there did either. Can anyone translate?

Breathtaking hypocrisy.