Catholic Schools become multi-denominational

Buchaill Dana

Glenshane4

Exactly, remove funding and the schools will have to be given to the state at a reasonable price.
No, you have it wrong. Remove funding and Protestant schools would be in immediate danger. Catholic schools (and Protestant schools) would have to charge fees. Many parents are very unreasonable people who would not like having to pay fees for the education of their children. Many parents have the right to vote. Parents, cross about having to pay school fees, would not vote for any politician deemed responsible for removing taxpayer support for their school. Politicians do not like losing elections.

Buchaill Dana

No, you have it wrong. Remove funding and Protestant schools would be in immediate danger. Catholic schools (and Protestant schools) would have to charge fees. Many parents are very unreasonable people who would not like having to pay fees for the education of their children. Many parents have the right to vote. Parents, cross about having to pay school fees, would not vote for any politician deemed responsible for removing taxpayer support for their school. Politicians do not like losing elections.
Its a Southern policy issue. Butt out.

Glenshane4

Buchaill Dana

So, once again, you have resorted to personal abuse. Typical Stater.
That wasnt abuse. Its was an opinion. Or is it a fact? Can't be keeping up with you.

But it does prove how your Catholic education was clearly terrible.

Glenshane4

Its a Southern policy issue. Butt out.
When all of you Staters have stopped commenting on the education system of Northern Ireland, I will gladly butt out. The following Eire politicians have clamoured for integrated education in Northern Ireland:- Garret Fitzgerald, Jack Lynch, Dr Noel Browne, Conor Cruise O'Brien, Gemma Hussey, Ruairi Quinn, De Rossa, Thomas MacGiolla, Paddy Harte, John Bruton, Michael McDowell, Austin Deasy, Michael Martin, and Jim Kemmy. Such a shower. It reads like a list of the Eire enemies of Northern Ireland Catholics. Integrated education, show me its supporters and I will tell you what it is.

Buchaill Dana

When all of you Staters have stopped commenting on the education system of Northern Ireland, I will gladly butt out. The following Eire politicians have clamoured for integrated education in Northern Ireland:- Garret Fitzgerald, Jack Lynch, Dr Noel Browne, Conor Cruise O'Brien, Gemma Hussey, Ruairi Quinn, De Rossa, Thomas MacGiolla, Paddy Harte, John Bruton, Michael McDowell, Austin Deasy, Michael Martin, and Jim Kemmy. Such a shower. It reads like a list of the Eire enemies of Northern Ireland Catholics. Integrated education, show me its supporters and I will tell you what it is.
Well when Catholic schools produce the mildly cretinous like you, who can blame them?

edg

I already said there is no political apatite for it.

Buchaill Dana

If Eirefolk comment on the education system of Northern Ireland, you will have to endure retaliation from the victims of Prod tyranny.
Same to you. You want to comment, you have to 'endure retaliation' from the victims of pompus catholic buffoons

edg

Are you for real? The state own <2% of state schools?

We really need to change the education system if this is what we are producing.
So you now see how wrong you were earlier. Next time do even a small bit of research before accusing people of being wrong. It wastes my time and loses you credibility.

edg

So why are politicians driving it? Why have the bishops agreed?
You seriously think I will get into a conversation with someone who has absolutely no clue on even the basics of the subject. No offense dude.

Glenshane4

"Are you for real? The state own <2% of state schools?"

Not true. The State owns >2% of school in the State. A "State school" is a school owned by the State or by an emanation of the State.

"We really need to change the education system if this is what we are producing."

The best way to change it would be for you and the like of you to establish secular schools - just as Catholics established ours and Prods established theirs and the Irish Language are establishing theirs.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies