Catholic Thugs Stop Meetings

MsDaisyC

Any excuse to have another go at the catholic church. A woman who led a campaign totally at variance with the teachings of her church wanted to speak about its internal organisation. She has some cheek.
People are very selective in which teachings they decide to follow or not. A simple example is Matthew 18: 8,9. People aren't cutting off their hands or poking out their eyes to stop themselves sinning anymore. Parents aren't killing their children for disobedience either (it's in the same rant about gays) Romans 1:30-32. So be careful before you cast those aspersions.

Face it, you're going to hell anyway.

Dame_Enda

While I don't agree with this, I think that if the Left can no-platform people, so can the Religious Right.

It does however reflect how dialogue is being replaced with censorship and polarisation.

Buchaill Dana

Jaysus, the irony. One of P.ies staunchest defenders of Islam, the least tolerant ideology on the planet, is attacking some hardcore Catholics. :laugh:
Will I waste my time asking for a source for this nonsense?

Well done to the beadrattlers. Got this arkwardness zooed

Buchaill Dana

Any excuse to have another go at the catholic church. A woman who led a campaign totally at variance with the teachings of her church wanted to speak about its internal organisation. She has some cheek.
She was invited by the church...

Facts, wha?

Levellers

The church who brought the world the Inquisition (now called the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith) bleating about criticism.

Buchaill Dana

Maybe she was but that doesn't diminish her cheek. You of course are happy to use it as you are to use any excuse to criticise the GAA.
I dont recall ever criticising the GAA.

Reality isnt your strong point, is it?

Northsideman

I dont recall ever criticising the GAA.

Reality isnt your strong point, is it?
You do it constantly under your other handle The_SR, need I say anymore?

yosef shompeter

People are very selective in which teachings they decide to follow or not. A simple example is Matthew 18: 8,9. People aren't cutting off their hands or poking out their eyes to stop themselves sinning anymore. Parents aren't killing their children for disobedience either (it's in the same rant about gays) Romans 1:30-32. So be careful before you cast those aspersions.

Face it, you're going to hell anyway.

Yes, I think if you were to take Saint Paul literally, then women would not be speaking out in church at all and would be confining themselves to their home and taking care of their menfolk.
Another passage of Saint Paul -- not sure where-- is when he tells an escaped slave to go back to his master. So he approved of slavery too.???

Northsideman

how do you know that Buachaill Dana is The _SR ?
He is The_SR, if you have time read through his posts, he is one and the same, two cheeks of the same arse. Made Buchaill Dana up when banned is my guess. BTW I am one of several who have called him out on it.

Northsideman

I asked him before putting him on ignore. Feels it in his waters is the gist of it.
Bollix and you know it, and oddly enough several others have called you out on it.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
This another one of these properties the nuns built themselves with their own two hands. labouring away with the hods and the blocks?

Must be an order hidden away somewhere consisting entirely of masons. Another city property jesus wanted them to have, no doubt.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
ah jayze. Dublin in the rare auld times. I well remember Sister Mary Hod pausing to stretch her back after shifting a load of brieze blocks so that Sister Mary Spirit-Level could get going on the first lift of the very building itself.

Sister Mary Dympna firing up the cement mixer and spitting baccy into the mix all the while.