Censorship at the Journal.ie and a solution to Irish political woes suppressed.

valamhic

I have been a contributor to the Politics.ie wind energy tread since about 2010 until that tread was shut down by administration about 2013 for no apparent reason. Then I contributed to the Climate Change Tread de-bunking the bout of mass hysteria on co2 concentrations in the atmosphere, co2 being an essential gas for life. I am a contributor to the Irish Energy Blog which has 112,000 hits and have been accepted by the Irish Courts as an environmental campaigner on the wind energy and pylon issue and have won a court case on the issue of non-compliance with UN and EU environmental legislation acting as a lay litigant. I am the Irish spokesperson for the European Platform Against Wind Farms based at Kingscourt, Co. Cavan, Ireland.

I then joined the Irish current affairs web site “The Journal.ie”. in about December 2016. I tended to support Donald Trump, or better put tended to counter the Anti Trump backlash in which I defined the word “Snowflake”. My solution to Ireland’s many problems which most agree is due to corruption, incompetence, ignorance and rule by outside elitist who control our lives is for those registered to vote to stay at home on polling in general elections. I was planting the idea of a civil strike to hit the politicians doing this. Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Labour and Sinn Fein. I named Catherine Murphy, Mick Wallice, Michael Fitzmaurice and Roisin Shorthall as the exceptions deserving a vote, perhaps one or two more could be considered. I don’t believe turning to communism will solve anything and believe green politics is an attempt to do just that. Unlike most, I put my name for all to see.

I start this tread to see if many others were banned from the Journal.ie and to alert the world that The Journal.ie is censoring contributors. Tell us what you think. Val Martin, Drumsallagh, Kingscourt, Co. Cavan, Ireland.

realistic1

I have been a contributor to the Politics.ie wind energy tread since about 2010 until that tread was shut down by administration about 2013 for no apparent reason. Then I contributed to the Climate Change Tread de-bunking the bout of mass hysteria on co2 concentrations in the atmosphere, co2 being an essential gas for life. I am a contributor to the Irish Energy Blog which has 112,000 hits and have been accepted by the Irish Courts as an environmental campaigner on the wind energy and pylon issue and have won a court case on the issue of non-compliance with UN and EU environmental legislation acting as a lay litigant. I am the Irish spokesperson for the European Platform Against Wind Farms based at Kingscourt, Co. Cavan, Ireland.

I then joined the Irish current affairs web site “The Journal.ie”. in about December 2016. I tended to support Donald Trump, or better put tended to counter the Anti Trump backlash in which I defined the word “Snowflake”. My solution to Ireland’s many problems which most agree is due to corruption, incompetence, ignorance and rule by outside elitist who control our lives is for those registered to vote to stay at home on polling in general elections. I was planting the idea of a civil strike to hit the politicians doing this. Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Labour and Sinn Fein. I named Catherine Murphy, Mick Wallice, Michael Fitzmaurice and Roisin Shorthall as the exceptions deserving a vote, perhaps one or two more could be considered. I don’t believe turning to communism will solve anything and believe green politics is an attempt to do just that. Unlike most, I put my name for all to see.

I start this tread to see if many others were banned from the Journal.ie and to alert the world that The Journal.ie is censoring contributors. Tell us what you think. Val Martin, Drumsallagh, Kingscourt, Co. Cavan, Ireland.
I am sure there is an element of Censorship in all media outlets and as they are private companies, I suppose they can legally censor any contributors submissions.

The_SR

What do you mean by 'contributor'? Did they commission an article and then trim out parts or not publish your comments on other people's articles?

If it's the former than we have a debate on the cards. If the latter, dry your eyes.

silverharp

we are just talking sh1tposting in the comments section right? inflated sense of importance I think

Gin Soaked

Like "The SR", you need to clarify your role in objective terms.

The Journal has a defined "editorial slant" I stopped reading it a few years back. Like all Irish Meeja, there is an element of echo chamber about their view on issues, global and domestic.

I would not be a subscriber to climate change skepticism. I like my science peer reviewed over Healy-Rea reviewed.....

RasherHash

Like "The SR", you need to clarify your role in objective terms.

The Journal has a defined "editorial slant" I stopped reading it a few years back. Like all Irish Meeja, there is an element of echo chamber about their view on issues, global and domestic.

I would not be a subscriber to climate change skepticism. I like my science peer reviewed over Healy-Rea reviewed.....
Australian writer Don Aitkin has a marvelous commentary on a newly published paper by geophysicist Michael Mann.

Mann is the Director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University and a professor of meteorology. Apparently, taxpayers pay his salary so that he can write political treatises that get published via psychology journals. This one, titled Science and the Public: Debate, Denial, and Skepticism invokes the word ‘denial’ 33 times and the word ‘political’ 23 times. It also contains an appendix advising the public that we need to play by certain rules where science is concerned, dontcha know:

"One of those rules is that scientific arguments are conducted in the scientific peer-reviewed literature."

Ah, yes, that old canard. If you haven’t been published in a peer-reviewed academic journal, so goes Mann’s argument, “your ideas may not be quite as brilliant as you first thought.”

Except that the peer-reviewed literature is littered with muck. A large proportion of what gets published is, in fact, highly dubious. Academics like Mann desperately insist that peer-reviewed research is sound and that everything else is inferior. But this isn’t the case. Explore any one of the three articles below to find out why in depressing detail. Better yet, read all of them and then try to take Mann’s latest paper seriously:
◾A tragedy of errors: Mistakes in peer-reviewed papers are easy to find but hard to fix (Feb. 2016, Nature)
◾Most Scientific Findings Are Wrong or Useless (Aug. 2016, Reason)
◾Excel Created Major Typos in 20 Percent of Scientific Papers on Genes (Aug. 2106, Slate).

https://nofrakkingconsensus.com/2016/09/06/michael-manns-peer-review-dogma/

locke

Since the invention of the newspaper, there is not and never has been any requirement for (unlicensed) media outlet to promote views other than it's own. TV and Radio are different as they depend on the state for permission to operate. Your choice is to not be a consumer of whatever newspaper or website you disagree with.

As an aside, snowflake is an ad hominem attack designed to shut down debate and should rightly be disregarded as a form of argument.

Orbit v2

"One of those rules is that scientific arguments are conducted in the scientific peer-reviewed literature."

Ah, yes, that old canard. If you haven’t been published in a peer-reviewed academic journal, so goes Mann’s argument, “your ideas may not be quite as brilliant as you first thought.”

Except that the peer-reviewed literature is littered with muck. A large proportion of what gets published is, in fact, highly dubious.
It's a bit like democracy - far from perfect, but better than any other way of doing it. Unless you have a better suggestion?

On the OP's point, could you post here what you say was censored on that site? You might get some useful feedback on it, and did they tell you why it was removed?

Destiny's Soldier

The Irish Government and its State Bodies are enacting policies that are based on the work of Michael Mann.

Michael Mann is the man who created the famous or infamous "Hockey Stick" graph. The one which spliced data from thermometers with proxy data such as tree rings on the same graph to infer that global rise in temperatures was due to humans. Yet when Mann was asked to show his raw data or the maths of how he created his curve, he refused. He continues to do so in court defining it as his intellectual property.

Even though his work is on the taxpayer and he feeds off the public teat, he can get away it because we let him and people like John Gibbons suck up to him.

By the way Michael Manns work was shown to be false through an independent analysis by 2 Canadian Statisticians. Ross McKittrick and Steve McIntyre.

The Journal is a Climate Change Alarmist publication. And like all of these Alarmist actors they don't like debate or discussion because they are basically insecure on the subject matter.

Analyzer

Is there ANY Irish compromised media that does not stiffle opinions that do no ageee with the opinions of it's backers & advertising sponsors ?

The emissions fixing scandal has been fixed by an endorsement of the fixers.

between the bridges

Free the Fermanagh wan...

Cruimh

I start this tread to see if many others were banned from the Journal.ie and to alert the world that The Journal.ie is censoring contributors.
The World has more important things to worry about .... and what percentage of the world reads this website, let alone this thread?

Tell us what you think. Val Martin, Drumsallagh, Kingscourt, Co. Cavan, Ireland.
If you get shiel started I hope you get a life ban from here!

Clanrickard

Then I contributed to the Climate Change Tread de-bunking the bout of mass hysteria on co2 concentrations in the atmosphere, co2 being an essential gas for life. .
You sound like a looper. No wonder they banned you.

Clanrickard

The Irish Government and its State Bodies are enacting policies that are based on the work of Michael Mann.

Michael Mann is the man who created the famous or infamous "Hockey Stick" graph. The one which spliced data from thermometers with proxy data such as tree rings on the same graph to infer that global rise in temperatures was due to humans. Yet when Mann was asked to show his raw data or the maths of how he created his curve, he refused. He continues to do so in court defining it as his intellectual property.

Even though his work is on the taxpayer and he feeds off the public teat, he can get away it because we let him and people like John Gibbons suck up to him.

By the way Michael Manns work was shown to be false through an independent analysis by 2 Canadian Statisticians. Ross McKittrick and Steve McIntyre.

The Journal is a Climate Change Alarmist publication. And like all of these Alarmist actors they don't like debate or discussion because they are basically insecure on the subject matter.
All the above is BS. Mann is currently suing people for accusing him of fraud.

jake76

What is pro-Trump ? The Irish politicians you have listed you would support would all be anti-Trump. Here a plan for you, you might want to start thing for yourself and stop following those who have easy answers to the worlds problems

I think you should go back to FF as you can be for and against things at the same time

RasherHash

All the above is BS. Mann is currently suing people for accusing him of fraud.
Not really though, he is suing but hasn't brought, nor it seems is he in any hurry to bring, the case to trial.

Why won't he allow discovery to those he accuses?

Why won't he let the case go to trial?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies